Hope all Wyoming fans in OK are O,K.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 44 times

alyssa wrote:Too much floodin'! Some tornadoes. Some people drownin' in the floods. My mom and I have stayed in one of the houses on the edge of a town. I would like to go out to a lake house but not in this weather.
I was wanting to do some travelling to Europe and maybe somewhere else but now I'm just gonna stay here.
Too much damned rain imo. Tomorrow we get a breather then more rain starting Wednesday and probably lasting until this coming Sunday.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
alyssa wrote:Too much floodin'! Some tornadoes. Some people drownin' in the floods. My mom and I have stayed in one of the houses on the edge of a town. I would like to go out to a lake house but not in this weather.
I was wanting to do some travelling to Europe and maybe somewhere else but now I'm just gonna stay here.
Too much damned rain imo. Tomorrow we get a breather then more rain starting Wednesday and probably lasting until this coming Sunday.
Yeah we got a lot more coming our way too. I'm wanting to go outside so bad. Maybe I should have went to California with a relative. I'm goin' stir crazy in the house!
Not too too far west one of the lakes was only 16% full and in my area it's flooding.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

A lot of rain in Wyoming too. Wyokie probably knows where the Wind River Canyon is - that road (railroad too) has been closed for a couple days due to a rock/mud slide. More rain coming this week, but getting better on the weekend. Nothing like what they are getting in Texas though.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:A lot of rain in Wyoming too. Wyokie probably knows where the Wind River Canyon is - that road (railroad too) has been closed for a couple days due to a rock/mud slide. More rain coming this week, but getting better on the weekend. Nothing like what they are getting in Texas though.
Saw pictures of that mess on Facebook last night. I joined several Wyoming-related Facebook pages including K2 weather.

I'll be going through that canyon in a few weeks. Family vacation in Cody over the 4th of July.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

It's pretty sad hearing some of the stories. A family was in a house that was floating down the river. The husband is safe but the mom and two children are missing. A girl was coming back from prom and swept off the road. A boy and 1 of his 2 dogs drown in a drain. And on it goes. There's some more rain and tornadoes out there right now in the area.

And Montanan men, at least the ones on that championship subdivision board, aren't worth merde. That's some fricked up group of "human beings?". I hear Montana has laws against women going fishing alone and that American Indian people in groups of 7 or more are a war party and we can legally be shot dead.

Watch Out! It's the weather or not!
Alyssa's weather or not.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:It's pretty sad hearing some of the stories. A family was in a house that was floating down the river. The husband is safe but the mom and two children are missing. A girl was coming back from prom and swept off the road. A boy and 1 of his 2 dogs drown in a drain. And on it goes. There's some more rain and tornadoes out there right now in the area.

And Montanan men, at least the ones on that championship subdivision board, aren't worth merde. That's some fricked up group of "human beings?". I hear Montana has laws against women going fishing alone and that American Indian people in groups of 7 or more are a war party and we can legally be shot dead.

Watch Out! It's the weather or not!
Alyssa's weather or not.

That girl who got killed on her way home from the prom was the school's Homecoming Queen.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

That old law was repealed I think in 1999 really but anyway....
Where I am we've been lucky to be away from the tornadoes.
This week I've gotten so much sun once the clouds break that my light skin has darkened. Je suis bronze.
Three of the last four days I've been in the sun for over 2 hours to 4 hours.
Last night I did some vocal warm ups and then sang easily and was getting ready to go into some opera practice and the electricity went off for a couple of seconds. Everything had to be reset and I got off track and didn't sing any opera.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Here comes the rain again.
It rained a lot last night. Today I heard some of the problems. There have been more deaths from the floods.
We've been OK where we are. We're on a little bit of a hill and the water runs down.
One of the local running clubs cancelled a race in February due to ice and this month cancelled a race due to flooding.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:Here comes the rain again.
It rained a lot last night. Today I heard some of the problems. There have been more deaths from the floods.
We've been OK where we are. We're on a little bit of a hill and the water runs down.
One of the local running clubs cancelled a race in February due to ice and this month cancelled a race due to flooding.
After having rain for 21 days in May OKC finally has had no rain today and none is forecasted to come by until next weekend. So 7-8 days of dry weather is a much needed break besides a lot of lawns need to be moved.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I think we are not gonna have rain this week. I hope that's true because I'm starting a 4 weeks training cycle today.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Up here in Kansas we've had more than enough rain. In the last two weeks we have had a total of 9.5 in. There's a small reservoir west of where I live that rose 11 feet overnight. But our main issues has been tornado threats. Last week we had 12 within twenty miles from where I live. One was within two miles of our house. Watched it from my back door. The Arkansas river was barely a trickle at the beginning of May and is now over its banks and running full bore. And our week off of rain just changed. We're supposed to be getting some significant weather coming in from Colorado now...
I hope everyone on here down south is doing okay. I have a sister in the Purcell/Lexington area who has had flooding issues.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:I hope everyone on here down south is doing okay. I have a sister in the Purcell/Lexington area who has had flooding issues.
WOW! Small world. I used to have to drive thru both towns whenever I drove to/from college for vacations while at East Central in Ada.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Where I am it's been clear from rain the last 2 days. Yesterday I ran for a couple of hours or so and it was cooler and easy to breathe. I hardly broke a sweat even running for hours.
Today the sun is shining bright!
Other places are still having to do searches and such. It's quite sad.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Watch out for Bigfoot on this FULL MOON night.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:Watch out for Bigfoot on this FULL MOON night.
Yes, tonight he feeds... Except for in Texas. Down there he is Skunk Ape...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:
alyssa wrote:Watch out for Bigfoot on this FULL MOON night.
Yes, tonight he feeds... Except for in Texas. Down there he is Skunk Ape...
Skunk Ape? Never heard of that. Must be related to Fort Fart graduates.

Has anyone ever seen a jackalope?
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Nah. Skunk Ape is not the Texas words for Bigfoot.

I think I said it on here before that so many years ago the Bigfoot hunters were trespassing on my uncle's land in Paris. He doesn't live there but was out there and caught them. They had the cameras and everything for TV. He let them stay and hunt.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:Nah. Skunk Ape is not the Texas words for Bigfoot.

I think I said it on here before that so many years ago the Bigfoot hunters were trespassing on my uncle's land in Paris. He doesn't live there but was out there and caught them. They had the cameras and everything for TV. He let them stay and hunt.
And sadly they still have yet to spot anything significant... Yet, individuals just hiking can come up with some pretty decent videos.
That's crazy that you've never heard Sunk Ape. I never heard of Skunk Ape until I moved to Kansas and spent time talking with people here and in Oklahoma. Almost everyone I talked to refered to it as Skunk Ape. Even watched a couple shows that called it Skunk Ape down south and on in to the south east. Oh well. Bigfoot, Skunk Ape, just watch out. I heard he's kinda moody.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

No, I know the words Skunk Ape but we did not say that where I mostly grew up. In English we used Bigfoot the most. I've heard many names in different languages though. If I were telling stories to my relatives children I would use "shampe" the most (shampay).
But I will mix up languages too when speaking with people who will understand me.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Having a bad storm today. Still ongoing. I just picked up 2.75 in hail out of my yard. Tons of rotation. And now we're flooding... This just built up out of nowhere.