Hope all Wyoming fans in OK are O,K.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Moore got hit with a bad tornado earlier tonight. I-35 in Moore got shutdown. Damage everywhere in Moore. There was one confirmed death from the storm though. Otherwise mostly minor stuff.

My folks and I are fine. Helps to live in NW Oklahoma City.

I know Alyssa and Snowflake live here. Hope both are O.K.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

No sir, Mr. Wyokie. I'm in north central Texas (the metroplex) area right now. We have some lightning right now.
I did think about y'all in Oklahoma though.
One of my mom's friends lives in Moore but was down here in Texas where she is from visiting one of her sisters. I think she may have lost something up there but not sure.

Sounds like it was scary close to you. You better have a shelter dude!

When I do go to Oklahoma it is usually in the southeastern part because that's where my ancestors where forced to move.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:No sir, Mr. Wyokie. I'm in north central Texas (the metroplex) area right now. We have some lightning right now.
I did think about y'all in Oklahoma though.
One of my mom's friends lives in Moore but was down here in Texas where she is from visiting one of her sisters. I think she may have lost something up there but not sure.

Sounds like it was scary close to you. You better have a shelter dude!

When I do go to Oklahoma it is usually in the southeastern part because that's where my ancestors where forced to move.
Glad you all weren't here for the "fun." Moore got hit hard although thankfully it wasn't a F4 or F5. Moore got lucky. In Sand Springs near Tulsa, some guy got killed during the tornado outbreak there the same night.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Hope you didn't get hurt by the wind and flood.

This weather is too scary. I think this entire week is a wait and see what happens and how bad it will be.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:Hope you didn't get hurt by the wind and flood.

This weather is too scary. I think this entire week is a wait and see what happens and how bad it will be.
I'm fine here in NW OKC. Although the constant tornado sirens going off like every few seconds for areas that don't have a single tornado nearby drove me crazy.

The crazy rumor of a couple of tigers were on the loose from a Tuttle-based safari place was that....a rumor. Apparently the place got hit by a tornado and a couple of bears got out but they were recaptured so.....
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I heard that a tiger reserve in Tuttle got hit and let a bunch of tigers loose. A tigernado sounds pretty damn terrifying to me!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYO1016 wrote:I heard that a tiger reserve in Tuttle got hit and let a bunch of tigers loose. A tigernado sounds pretty damn terrifying to me!
Actually it was a couple of bears that got loose, not tigers. Both were caught quickly afterwards.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I was thinking that you were NW of it.
I hate it when the weather is like this. I want to go out and train hard and worry about the weather getting bad suddenly. It sort of did that Tuesday when I was running repeat 1000s. It was sunny, cloudy, darker clouds with wind then dark blowing dust and I had to run inside. 20 minutes later I went back out where it was cloudy but sunny.

The tiger thing was scary. I've encountered panthers (mountain lions) and gators and some other things. There are a few ponds I know to stay away from 'cause a gator may be there. There are certain trails I don't run now because I've seen panthers a couple of times. A mama panther is killing mostly goats near my cousin's place not that far away.

I'm going to be worrying about everybody back home.... I'm fixing to leave for Europe for a little bit to work there. That will keep me busy.

So y'all be careful and watch out!! out there.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Gators in Oklahoma? Really? Wow, didn't think they were that far north.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Round two of the fun is going to begin soon. This will probably last until Saturday. Hopefully next week we'll get a week off from the bad weather.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote:Gators in Oklahoma? Really? Wow, didn't think they were that far north.
LOL There are gators at the OKC Zoo. Might be some in the southeast corner of the state.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:Round two of the fun is going to begin soon. This will probably last until Saturday. Hopefully next week we'll get a week off from the bad weather.
Kansas broke a record for the most amount of rainfall in the state in a day (1908) a couple days ago. I know I had 2.5 inches at my house. And several other areas all around were 2 to 3 inches. Definitely helps with the drought, but a little break would be nice. I'm just happy we haven't had any real bad tornadoes this year.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Wyokie wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:I heard that a tiger reserve in Tuttle got hit and let a bunch of tigers loose. A tigernado sounds pretty damn terrifying to me!
Actually it was a couple of bears that got loose, not tigers. Both were caught quickly afterwards.
So bearnado then? I'm not sure which is worse!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYO1016 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
So bearnado then? I'm not sure which is worse!
lol Personally I think grizzlies are more dangerous than tigers.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:Gators in Oklahoma? Really? Wow, didn't think they were that far north.
No. Gators in Texas.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:
No. Gators in Texas.
LOL Figured you would correct him.

Heard Van, TX got hit hard a few days ago.

Speaking of bad weather, Torrington, WY had some damage with roofs and downed power lines there. My guess, a tornado hit. Probably either a F1 or a F2 tornado.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
alyssa wrote:
No. Gators in Texas.
LOL Figured you would correct him.

Heard Van, TX got hit hard a few days ago.

Speaking of bad weather, Torrington, WY had some damage with roofs and downed power lines there. My guess, a tornado hit. Probably either a F1 or a F2 tornado.
Yeah I didn't read for a week. And when I go on a trip I won't read.
Van got hit pretty good. I knew a professor who grew up there. They had 1 minute or less of warning because Van is in the few miles of gap between radar systems in Dallas and Shreveport. I think that's how the explanation goes. The 3rd graders and younger don't have to finish the school year.
I thought Wyoming had something but I didn't know what. I'm distracted a lot lately.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Speaking of bad weather, Torrington, WY had some damage with roofs and downed power lines there. My guess, a tornado hit. Probably either a F1 or a F2 tornado.
I thought Wyoming had something but I didn't know what. I'm distracted a lot lately.
Nothing really distracts me. But then again...nothing. Ever. Surprises. Me either! It's impossible.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
alyssa wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Speaking of bad weather, Torrington, WY had some damage with roofs and downed power lines there. My guess, a tornado hit. Probably either a F1 or a F2 tornado.
Nothing really distracts me. But then again...nothing. Ever. Surprises. Me either! It's impossible.
I'm exhausted and need to sleep for hours. I have a lotta things on my mind too....a lot of changes but I don't wanna say what.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Too much floodin'! Some tornadoes. Some people drownin' in the floods. My mom and I have stayed in one of the houses on the edge of a town. I would like to go out to a lake house but not in this weather.
I was wanting to do some travelling to Europe and maybe somewhere else but now I'm just gonna stay here.