Considering moving back to Laramie

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I've been in Arizona for the past 10 years and I work for apple from home and I'm free to roam anywhere as long as I can get phone service and reliable internet.

Anyone mind checking how the cost of rentals are? 1-2 bedroom or room for rent to get things moving in the correct direction. I can't find enough online so if anyone has a paper and a few mins to see if they can find an average price range i'd appreciate it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I do not recommend the apartments behind McDonalds on Grand. They were not built to code, and you pay $500 a month for little more than a bedroom for privacy. You share a kitchen, living room, and bathroom.

Otherwise, it also depends on the size, what it comes with (washer/drier, fridge, oven, etc). A 2 bedroom can run about $700 a month or so, but sometimes can be about $500. A single is between $300-$500 generally. Also pets. Some places are strictly no pets (outside of service animals) while others are more lenient.

Also, it depends on when you're thinking of coming back here. During Christmas and Summer breaks, it's pretty easy to find an open apartment. During the semester though, it can be pretty tough. Also important to note, some places have a contract for 6-12 months that locks you in for that time period. Others go on a month to month basis (it's what my grandmother does).

Here's a number of a good property manager who owns a number of apartments in Laramie.
O'Dell Enterprises
307-742-2151
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Deadset on Laramie? The Cheyenne rental market is exploding and there are a number of great NEW town homes and twin homes being built.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Deadset on Laramie? The Cheyenne rental market is exploding and there are a number of great NEW town homes and twin homes being built.
I considered Cheyenne as I lived there before but I don't want to have to miss games because the pass is closed. If I go back to Wyoming it will be Laramie.

I haven't decided on a time yet it's just been something I started contemplating lately.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Deadset on Laramie? The Cheyenne rental market is exploding and there are a number of great NEW town homes and twin homes being built.
I considered Cheyenne as I lived there before but I don't want to have to miss games because the pass is closed. If I go back to Wyoming it will be Laramie.

I haven't decided on a time yet it's just been something I started contemplating lately.
That's a true UW fan right there.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:

Fair enough. Hope your move works out!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

My dad's got some rentals. Give him a call. They are not the newest or nicest, but are reasonable. Two bedrooms around $550 -600. Kinda wish I was moving back to Laramie as well. I miss it.

Randy: 307-760-0928
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:My dad's got some rentals. Give him a call. They are not the newest or nicest, but are reasonable. Two bedrooms around $550 -600. Kinda wish I was moving back to Laramie as well. I miss it.

Randy: 307-760-0928
Thanks I appreciate that will do!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Laramie needs some jobs. I'd be there in a minute
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Plus, an abundance of meth! Cheyenne...suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

laxwyo wrote:Laramie needs some jobs. I'd be there in a minute
Skills? Field?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...