The Laramie Project; thoughts and feelings?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:what happened to MS was a horrible thing. People here in Laramie do not jump people because they are gay or anything like that. If they're an asshole, drunk, or some combination, no garuntees on that. But before and after especially after that, people here did not and do not attack the deed for being the deed. What MS's killers did probably shocked the town more than the rest of the country. Although not everyone here may agree with the deed, other than the few real bigots that are everywhere, it's their private life and not anyone else's buisiness, and that's the commonly held view here. If they make it public, whatever. But that goes for straight people too, and I've seen more than a few criticized (criticized someone myself, but he was going out with a horrible person, which is another story altogether).

But still, what happened to Matthew Shepard was an out of the ordinary event that shocked and hurt Laramie and Wyoming greatly.
Correct, what happened to Matthew was a tragedy, gay or not gay.

The film is a piece of poop though - and as others have pointed out, tends to portray Laramie like it was right out of the movie Deliverance. And further, so few people really know what happened, and what triggered those 4 assholes involved to do what they did - but it wasn't because Matthew was gay.
McPeachy, I was just a kid at the time and didn't know what it was all about at the time. But in the last 5 years in Laramie I have ended up knowing several older locals in the community and a couple very bluntly told me it wasn't because he was gay but rather it was a drug deal between several drug addicts gone bad.

Thoughts?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:what happened to MS was a horrible thing. People here in Laramie do not jump people because they are gay or anything like that. If they're an asshole, drunk, or some combination, no garuntees on that. But before and after especially after that, people here did not and do not attack the deed for being the deed. What MS's killers did probably shocked the town more than the rest of the country. Although not everyone here may agree with the deed, other than the few real bigots that are everywhere, it's their private life and not anyone else's buisiness, and that's the commonly held view here. If they make it public, whatever. But that goes for straight people too, and I've seen more than a few criticized (criticized someone myself, but he was going out with a horrible person, which is another story altogether).

But still, what happened to Matthew Shepard was an out of the ordinary event that shocked and hurt Laramie and Wyoming greatly.
Correct, what happened to Matthew was a tragedy, gay or not gay.

The film is a piece of poop though - and as others have pointed out, tends to portray Laramie like it was right out of the movie Deliverance. And further, so few people really know what happened, and what triggered those 4 assholes involved to do what they did - but it wasn't because Matthew was gay.
McPeachy, I was just a kid at the time and didn't know what it was all about at the time. But in the last 5 years in Laramie I have ended up knowing several older locals in the community and a couple very bluntly told me it wasn't because he was gay but rather it was a drug deal between several drug addicts gone bad.

Thoughts?
Interesting how things like this don't make good shockumentaries. I have never watched the movie and never will. I have too have talked with locals and it was quite apparent to them his the deed orientation had nothing to do with his attack.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

Thoughts?
Real story never made headlines. Some guy in Bosler was linked to that group. The two knuckleheads were coming off a meth bender and rolling pennies to buy pitchers in the Fireside. Not sure if it was a drug deal gone bad or if they all knew each other from the drug trade and it was just a robbery.

Either way, nothing to do with his the deed.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.