Tribute to those who served during D-Day

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Thanks to all those who served during D-Day. We can never repay them for what they did and sacrificed for us who lived on. I was around, but too young to serve at that time. My hat is off to all of them. Thanks again.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

My grandfather who passed away in 1999 in Cody, WY, fought on D-Day and earned a Purple Heart. Served in the 8th Army I believe.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

Wyokie wrote:My grandfather who passed away in 1999 in Cody, WY, fought on D-Day and earned a Purple Heart. Served in the 8th Army I believe.
Wasn't the 8th Army the unit that the Band of Brothers movie series was made about?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:My grandfather who passed away in 1999 in Cody, WY, fought on D-Day and earned a Purple Heart. Served in the 8th Army I believe.
Wasn't the 8th Army the unit that the Band of Brothers movie series was made about?
Beats me.

My dad and his siblings keep telling me that my Grandpa was a part of group of soldiers who saved the Lipizzan Stallions (the one who can do almost human-like dancing) from destruction during the war in Europe.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:
101st Airborne Division, really. Watching it right now on HBO.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
Ok, couldn't remember. 8th Army was Patton's I believe.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
Ok, couldn't remember. 8th Army was Patton's I believe.
Correct. 8th Army was Patton's.