HS coach has bullying complaint filed

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This is actually a good read and goes to show that some parents just need to learn what bullying is.

HS coach has bullying complaint filed against him after 91-0 win

n some news that will make coaches around the country scratch their heads, last Friday Aledo HS (TX) beat Fort Worth Western Hills HS (TX) by a score of 91-0. After the game, a parent of a Western Hills player decided to file a bullying complaint against Aledo head coach Tim Buchanan.

Yes, you read that correctly. A bullying complaint filed against the head coach for the final score after Friday night contest.

Read more

Things to note about this article.

* Offensive starters for 21 snaps
* Quarterbacks combined for a total of 10 pass attempts
* Time of possession was a mere 7 minutes
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

That's old now.
Aledo just won another state championship. In Texas we see a lot of high school games on tv, including state championships games that are played at Jerry World's Boss Hog Bowl.

Here is a site for scores like Aledo's etc.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hayduke
Cowpoke

From that score, I suspected that it was a private high school versus a public high school. But, it's not. It seems like both coaches handled the situation as fairly as they could.

My only question about those teams has to do with potential recruiting for the high school teams. Do the kids have to attend the high school in their part of town? Can they attend a high school nearby to play football on an elite squad? Are kids being moved there to play for that school?

In Colorado, Valor Christian just walked all over a Boulder public school in the 5A championship. Valor is private school that can accept students from anywhere. Basically, their high school football team is now an all-star team from the Denver metro. Nobody can touch them. To me, something has to be done to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure what could be done though..
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Hayduke wrote:From that score, I suspected that it was a private high school versus a public high school. But, it's not. It seems like both coaches handled the situation as fairly as they could.

My only question about those teams has to do with potential recruiting for the high school teams. Do the kids have to attend the high school in their part of town? Can they attend a high school nearby to play football on an elite squad? Are kids being moved there to play for that school?

In Colorado, Valor Christian just walked all over a Boulder public school in the 5A championship. Valor is private school that can accept students from anywhere. Basically, their high school football team is now an all-star team from the Denver metro. Nobody can touch them. To me, something has to be done to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure what could be done though..
Schools are not allowed to recruit in Texas. One attends school within school boundaries. When students who play sports move from one school to another it needs to be proved that it was not for sports (if it's questioned). Texas population growth has changed so much in such a short time that some tiny towns have grown and become football powers where some that were football powers no longer are like Plano Wildcats and Odessa Permian Panthers. It's just been in recent years that the UIL has allowed private schools in Texas to play the public schools. Allen is a good example where in the 1970s it was in the smallest classification for 11 man football. Last month schools turned in the enrollment numbers like is done every two years. Allen is the largest school in Texas now with 5,987. I think that there are still only two private schools that are competing with the public schools, one in Dallas and one in Houston. Of course, those teams cannot recruit.
I know that teams in Florida are different where a lot of good football players can attend the schools they want as long as they can get to the school (all-star teams) but not in Texas.
It is possible in Texas to pay a high tuition in order to attend a school outside of one's district but I suppose one better not say that it is for playing sports.

*Probably wrote something out of order but the information is there. Sorry, guests are arriving!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

alyssa wrote:
Schools are not allowed to recruit in Texas. One attends school within school boundaries. When students who play sports move from one school to another it needs to be proved that it was not for sports (if it's questioned). Texas population growth has changed so much in such a short time that some tiny towns have grown and become football powers where some that were football powers no longer are like Plano Wildcats and Odessa Permian Panthers. It's just been in recent years that the UIL has allowed private schools in Texas to play the public schools. Allen is a good example where in the 1970s it was in the smallest classification for 11 man football. Last month schools turned in the enrollment numbers like is done every two years. Allen is the largest school in Texas now with 5,987. I think that there are still only two private schools that are competing with the public schools, one in Dallas and one in Houston. Of course, those teams cannot recruit.
I know that teams in Florida are different where a lot of good football players can attend the schools they want as long as they can get to the school (all-star teams) but not in Texas.
It is possible in Texas to pay a high tuition in order to attend a school outside of one's district but I suppose one better not say that it is for playing sports.

*Probably wrote something out of order but the information is there. Sorry, guests are arriving!
Thanks for the reply, Alyssa.

Yeah, then I would say they just have a helluva program and coach. He probably did all he could to help prevent running up the score without telling his players not to play hard, which is just plain stupid for a coach to do and embarrassing for both teams on the field.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Yeah, then I would say they just have a helluva program and coach. He probably did all he could to help prevent running up the score without telling his players not to play hard, which is just plain stupid for a coach to do and embarrassing for both teams on the field.[/quote]

Yeah. The coach, Tim Buchanan, said he pulled starters long before the end of the game. I think even 4 deep or something.

Aledo turned in an enrollment of 1,548 so they will be in Class 5A. In Texas the UIL has made a class 6A starting next school year. It's gonna go like this:
6A 2,100 and above.
5A 1,060-2,099.
4A 465-1,059.
3A 220-464.
2A 105-219.
1A 104.9 and below.

But then there is something about divisions in the classifications because the UIL lets "everybody" in the playoffs these days like 4 teams per district. It is so "everybody gets a trophy" and money grabbing kind of thing I guess. The UIL could just allow an 11th game for everyone but whatever....
OK so the 4A divisions are like this:
Division 1 686-1059.
Division 2 465-685.
But we don't know what districts our school will be realigned in until February 2014.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

alyssa wrote:
Yeah. The coach, Tim Buchanan, said he pulled starters long before the end of the game. I think even 4 deep or something.

Aledo turned in an enrollment of 1,548 so they will be in Class 5A. In Texas the UIL has made a class 6A starting next school year. It's gonna go like this:
6A 2,100 and above.
5A 1,060-2,099.
4A 465-1,059.
3A 220-464.
2A 105-219.
1A 104.9 and below.

But then there is something about divisions in the classifications because the UIL lets "everybody" in the playoffs these days like 4 teams per district. It is so "everybody gets a trophy" and money grabbing kind of thing I guess. The UIL could just allow an 11th game for everyone but whatever....
Division 1 686-1059.
Division 2 465-685.
But we don't know what districts our school will be realigned in until February 2014.
Do they break it down to 9 man or even 6 man like they do in Colorado? (Although, I think it's 8 man..)

That's good info. Even though there are so many classifications, it's good that there is somewhat of a level playing field. I know that there is better community and alumni support with some programs,so it may not seem fair. But, life isn't always fair, is it? A good lesson for young people to learn if the are with the "have not" programs.
Frank Zappa
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Texas has had 6 man football for a long time. I think 8 man football was ended before the 1980s.
It's tough on some schools in Texas for travel because of the geographical size of the state.
I wish schools would stay smaller like 2,000 students tops. I hate really large high schools.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Hayduke wrote:
alyssa wrote:

6A 2,100 and above.
5A 1,060-2,099.
4A 465-1,059.
3A 220-464.
2A 105-219.
1A 104.9 and below.

Division 1 686-1059.
Division 2 465-685.
Do they break it down to 9 man or even 6 man like they do in Colorado? (Although, I think it's 8 man..)

That's good info. Even though there are so many classifications, it's good that there is somewhat of a level playing field. I know that there is better community and alumni support with some programs,so it may not seem fair. But, life isn't always fair, is it? A good lesson for young people to learn if the are with the "have not" programs.
There is 6 man. A cousin of mine played 6 man in Peetz, Colorado (near Sydney, NE). He's now in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii (visiting home for Christmas, but still).
Hayduke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
Hayduke wrote:
alyssa wrote:

6A 2,100 and above.
5A 1,060-2,099.
4A 465-1,059.
3A 220-464.
2A 105-219.
1A 104.9 and below.

Division 1 686-1059.
Division 2 465-685.

There is 6 man. A cousin of mine played 6 man in Peetz, Colorado (near Sydney, NE). He's now in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii (visiting home for Christmas, but still).
I've been to Peetz. It's near a lake where I camped one weekend. They had a bar/restaurant and nothing else. Maybe a church...but that I would not know! :lol:
Frank Zappa