DINOCOSTA

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

dapokes wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
dapokes wrote:HONEST QUESTION: HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY ATTENDED UW??
Let me ask you this- did you attend UW because you love UW and Cowboy Athletics, or did you do it because you wanted to better yourself?

Ironic. You pose a philosophical question about motives. Eluding to lack of important of sports or athletics....yet you tell me nothing and you mean NOTHING pisses you off more than a "whiny BYU* fan"...by fan, you refer to their support towards BYU athletics. Please save it.

I enrolled and graduated from UW. 3rd generation Cowboy. I'm just posing my question, because there a lot of hybrid fans here where Wyoming is simply their adopted team or 2nd or 3rd favorite. I live and die with my Cowboys and I realize more from the positives that a good athletics department can do for an entire University for reasons you mentioned about kids just wanting to go somewhere with good sports. A successful and productive athletics depart pays huge dividends in the long run for schools and states. Look at boise. Terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE academics. People go there for the football. Also, you have West Virginia University. 12 yrs ago, they're almost nonexistent in sports and desire for out of state kids to attend...yet here we are after the success that program has had and elevated the entire University to a national relevance every single year. If nothing else, it sure would be great for UW Athletics to continue to elevate and to gain even a spark of interest from kids based on the sports...enough at least so they realize how awesome our academics are and the excitement of new developments on campus every single year. I take a lot of pride in this University and will never turn my back on it. I hate getting into spats with fellow alumni, but I'd rather hash it out with Alumni then those who I'm not sure are even firstly fans of the University.

Nothing pains me more than to see the pokes lose like this. I sometimes think that our fanbase is the most bipolar on the internet. Before the season, we're talking 10-11 wins and a MWC crown...overpumping our chests (also on the MWC board- I'm even guilty to a degree, other than telling CSU fans we're going to take 4 in a row on them)....then an injury to our best player and two BAD losses later...and we're calling for Christensen's head?? That is just too much. Do I have complete faith in this team to play the season w/out Smith? No. But I've gotta believe that Christensen is going to start pulling out all the stops to make the personnel/depth chart changes needed to compete in conference. I have no words for the way our defense has been playing after the inflated confidence Tormey gave fans after the Spring and Fall. At what point does getting pushed around game after game get to our boys? I have a feeling they are going to show some pride on saturday and get it done.

So there it is, I'm not insane. Just frustrated and questioning some motives of fans. Consider me still on the bandwagon of hope for this team. I know I hit the panic button, but I'm not leaving. I'll ride on this bandwagon until it crashes and burns. :thumb:
Hey man, I hear you, and I would never call out your motives for being a Wyoming Cowboy fan, but my philosophical question was meant to illustrate exactly that. I applaud and commend you and your family legacy (believe me, I have a tough one to live up to), but given all of that, what you sound like is the frustrated jobless guy on Southpark screaming, "They took our jobs!"

Whatever DINOSCOSTA's history or motives (we all have our own), the time, money, and overall effort he's devoted to Cowboy sports doesn't make him any less a fan than someone whose great-grandfather bought the first ticket to a Wyoming football game. Just like the immigrant who just passed his citizenship test is no less of an American than someone who can trace their family to the Mayflower. Calling out other fans in the face of a tough season smacks of this kind of unwarranted and unjustified elitism. It looks like a knee-jerk reaction to disappointment, the guy who watches his team lose a game they should have won and then picks a fight with the guy next to him because he doesn't think he's as much of a fan as himself and just needs to take his frustration out on someone. When I see this happen in the stands- I have one thing to say to the antagonist- knock it off or leave. We're all fans, we're all in this together, and we all want to see Wyoming win.

I'm done. All's I have to say is- GO 'POKES!
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

holy poop......Abbrevi-gate is still going on?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyosteelerfan wrote:holy poop......Abbrevi-gate is still going on?
Lol, that's what I was wondering. Hell I was drunk and angry when I first started arguing on this thread, now look what it is! I haven't posted in a while and now this fire is still burning.
Don't drink and message board. poop. gets. down.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
wyosteelerfan wrote:holy poop......Abbrevi-gate is still going on?
Lol, that's what I was wondering. Hell I was drunk and angry when I first started arguing on this thread, now look what it is! I haven't posted in a while and now this fire is still burning.
Don't drink and message board. poop. gets. down.
lol.....was it last new years or the one before that that i got hammered @ the bar and just started a bunch of profanity laden threads?

DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Howdy everyone...what's going on?

Full disclosure, in the short window of time that that quarterback was at UW, I never once spoke of him using 3 letters, I never spoke with anyone else who refereed to him as "ACS", and forgive me please for not being with the lingo that some fans chose to use as his unofficial moniker.

To question my fandom over such a trivial matter is patently absurd.

Sincerely,

Dino Costa
A proud Wyoming Cowboys fan since 2002
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

DINOCOSTA wrote:Howdy everyone...what's going on?

Full disclosure, in the short window of time that that quarterback was at UW, I never once spoke of him using 3 letters, I never spoke with anyone else who refereed to him as "ACS", and forgive me please for not being with the lingo that some fans chose to use as his unofficial moniker.

To question my fandom over such a trivial matter is patently absurd.

Sincerely,

Dino Costa
A proud Wyoming Cowboys fan since 2002
It's f-word ridiculous to get all bent out of shape over

if i were to guess i'd say that it has nothing to do with austyn carta-samuels in the slightest as much as the OP has himself convinced that the only reason that you're on here is to promote your radio show

i'll be honest...at first i thought that was the case until i realized after following you on twitter that you were indeed attatching yourself to the state of wyoming and really do hold a degree of adoration for the school and its athletic programs

but srsly......the abbreviation isn't even THAT big of a deal.....it's just a moniker that the announcers on the mtn gave him (and not even all of them had bought into it by the end of his time at wyoming) and really only folks that watched the mtn more frequently than to just see the games would have heard it enough tfor it to stick (this site is filled with those folks)

but to act like on any given saturday 2 years ago the war had 30,000 folks shouting "go acs" instead of "go austyn" is asinine