New Forum, New Smack

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

There were a couple people who I would like to continue having a friendly conversation with ;).

Maybe with a new board will come a new realization that you ARE Wyoming, and you will NOT beat Virginia.
PSUVikings
Buckaroo

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:There were a couple people who I would like to continue having a friendly conversation with ;).

Maybe with a new board will come a new realization that you ARE Wyoming, and you will NOT beat Virginia.

First of all, hoos is spelled whose ;)....just kidding

Didn't Virginia lose to some crappy school last year? Western Michigan? Eastern Michigan? some low life team like that.
poke em
Buckaroo

Careful now, Western Michigan had a great team last year. I think that UVA will leave with an L, but it will be a tough contest.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Didn't Virginia lose to some crappy school last year? Western Michigan? Eastern Michigan? some low life team like that.
I'll give you that, I'm not going to deny that was one of the worst games I have ever seen the 'Hoos play, but wouldn't that make Wyoming even worse than WMU?

At the time of the loss to WMU we played I think maybe three QBs that game, maybe it was two, and take that as an excuse if you want. I'm just telling you the probable reason we lost.

We have a QB. We have a stout defense. We have a win in our season opener.

Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Good to see the Virginia fans made it over. I was worried you might get lost in those "hills" you guys claim to have. But seriously.. welcome to 7200 ft, be sure to bring your air mask.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Good to see the Virginia fans made it over. I was worried you might get lost in those "hills" you guys claim to have. But seriously.. welcome to 7200 ft, be sure to bring your air mask.
Ok we'll bring our air masks, you make sure to bring a deep supply of quarterbacks and an ambulance.

I love how every comeback I hear is about your altitude. If your team relies on the altitude to win then you have some problems.

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

It's not really relying on it, but it's certainly an advantage. Much like playing in Autzen or the Swamp is an advantage for their respective teams, or the inclement of weather is an advantage against teams from the South. In football, you take what you're given. It just so happens Laramie has weather and lack of air.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:It's not really relying on it, but it's certainly an advantage. Much like playing in Autzen or the Swamp is an advantage for their respective teams, or the inclement of weather is an advantage against teams from the South. In football, you take what you're given. It just so happens Laramie has weather and lack of air.
Yes, but if you ask Florida fans why they win their initial response is not going to be "Because of where they play"

It's going to be "Because we're better than all of the teams we play."

Constantly, altitude this, altitude that, never a legitamate reason. You seem like a relatively calm and reasonable poster so I'm not going to jump on you like some of the idiots I have seen on here. So if you would, can you give me reasons (other than altitude) of why you think you have a chance of winning.

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I think (much like yourself) that the team is going to be improved upon last year. Last year was a really close game, and came down to a missed PAT.. and that was at your house. This year, I'm sure both teams have gotten better, both are returning a few of the playmakers, as well as experience QBs. I think a change of venue will probably decide the outcome. And I'm sure the Pokes are a little bitter about letting a close game slip through the fingers as the result of something so minuscule. I expect it to be close, but I see the Pokes taking it. Definitely not going to decide the season for either team though.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Once again, I respect your opinion and how you deliver it, but you're wrong. You don't understand how bad we were playing when we still beat you. You were playing your A game while we brought our D. The fake punts aren't going to work. I'm not sure how you plan on moving the ball. An honesty question... how are you going to move the ball?
Definitely not going to decide the season for either team though.
It may not decide the season for the Pokes, but if by some rare twist of fate UVA was to lose, then it would essentially decide their season. This is why they won't lose. If your pokes lose, then you lost to a better team in a better conference and you move on. Virginia cannot afford to lose to Wyoming period. They won't let it happen.

UVABy20
Buckaroo

On September 1 2007, at a time I am not aware of due to it's total insignificance on my football radar, there will be a "contest" performed at something or another and some odd feet elevation in that square state with a big ass sky known as Wyoming. All the little cowgirls and cowboys will rise from their beds and venture to the War Memorial Stadium, all 14,000 of them,to cheer on their not so mighty college of Wyoming Cowboys. See they have to build the stadiums small at such elevation as it would simply be too tiring to ascend to the upper levels. But still, the cowpeople gather and feast upon the world's finest funnel cakes, knowing all along that they are the key to survival at 46,000 feet. They're made my Gramma and Grampa Dembo who have lived in a small red trailer inside of the stadium for many years. Many of the Wyomingnauts tell stories of the good old days when men were men rather than the funnel caking chomping brokebacks that they had become. There is such a great feel of tradition at this esteemed dust bowl.

Finally, the Wyomingmens take their seats in their splinter filled wooden bleachers and prepare for a time honored tradition like none other. Every fan in attendance has been assigned a number to represent which of the 17000 feet they are to represent in a glorious time these Wyomosians like to refer to as "The Tie". Each fan represents a foot that the opposing team had to travel to arrive to play their mighty Ducks in front of 12 fans. "The Tie" consists of several spirited tunes, including, "How High" and "Chunky Cowboy Lover", as well as a performance by the We Aren't Losing Yet Dancers. After a Super Bowl worthy performance by the Uzcheka triplets the Mustangs prepare for a dark time known as "The Game".

The Chippewa fans hearts are quickly broken as their QB, Kristen something, is painfully dismantled by the unstoppable monster known as Chris "The Nobody QB Killa" Long and Jeff "I Beat the Girl Outta Him" Fitzgerald.The Aztec Warrior fans in attendance fall even deeper in despair as they watch Keith "Screw A Nickname" Payne drags the 4 Wyomingers who haven't trembled and fallen before him into the end zone. It is a sad day in Montana when their beloved Golden Squirrels lose by 20 to the mighty Cavaliers of Virginia (Hoo dey!?). The faithful realize that each and every foot of elevation they thought could save their asses was worthless and they all bow down to the greatness that is UVA and return their simple little minds back to the Field and Stream Conference where they belong. UVAby20...all day....
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

haha.. nice.

Are many of you guys traveling to Laramie for the game?
ImageImageImageImage
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote: You don't understand how bad we were playing when we still beat you. You were playing your A game while we brought our D. The fake punts aren't going to work.
What I don't understand is how you think we were playing our A game. And what about that Wyo "Fumble" in the endzone. I've seen the video, we all know it was a touchdown. If they call the right call there no O.T. Pokes win
UVABy20
Buckaroo

What I don't understand is how you think we were playing our A game. And what about that Wyo "Fumble" in the endzone. I've seen the video, we all know it was a touchdown. If they call the right call there no O.T. Pokes win
No one cares. Wyoming is losing by 20 and there is nothing you mountain homos can do about it.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

[quote="hoosgonnabeatwyo?"]Once again, I respect your opinion and how you deliver it, but you're wrong. You don't understand how bad we were playing when we still beat you. You were playing your A game while we brought our D. The fake punts aren't going to work. I'm not sure how you plan on moving the ball. An honesty question... how are you going to move the ball?

There is only one reason you played your poorest game of the season against us last year - the Wyoming Cowboy Defense (ranked in the top 10 in the country last year). This year we have an O that goes with that D. You will likely see a two back set with one of the backs (Devin Moore) having world class speed plus being one of the strongest RB's for his size in the country and both backs now have a year of experience with our QB. I hope you have good DB's, because they will be tested with our receiving corp as well.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:
hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:Once again, I respect your opinion and how you deliver it, but you're wrong. You don't understand how bad we were playing when we still beat you. You were playing your A game while we brought our D. The fake punts aren't going to work. I'm not sure how you plan on moving the ball. An honesty question... how are you going to move the ball?

There is only one reason you played your poorest game of the season against us last year - the Wyoming Cowboy Defense (ranked in the top 10 in the country last year). This year we have an O that goes with that D. You will likely see a two back set with one of the backs (Devin Moore) having world class speed plus being one of the strongest RB's for his size in the country and both backs now have a year of experience with our QB. I hope you have good DB's, because they will be tested with our receiving corp as well.
Ok, first of all, your D was ranked top 10 in the country because of where they play in the country. If Virginia played in your conference last season they would have been top 10 as well. I'm not saying your defense wasn't solid last year, but your "Top 10" ranking was bolstered by your conference. Also, how many players did you lose from your "Top 10" defense? How many? We return all but one from one of the best units in the ACC last season.

I've heard your offense will be much improved, but so will our defense. If the Devin Moore kid has "world class speed" he wouldn't be playing at Wyoming. Just call him fast, and leave it at that. And we have two very athletic, playmaking defensive backs. I honestly don't expect them to be tested much though; as your quarterback will be under heavy pressure every time he drops back.

Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

Dear Pokes,

There is nothing funnier than a bunch of UVA folks who try to act tough, and like they are a bunch of bad-asses. They are the softest, weeiest, bunch of infite snobs you have ever met. They'll remind you of their superiority of course of it through any discussion even if it isn't germane to what you're speaking of. Just remember that when one of these nerds gets on your board and portrays this kind of behavior.

Now, onto the game...I think the Pokes best shot here is to simply not let UVa's D get the best of you. Their offensive is literally offensive, so don't worry about them putting up a bunch of points on you. Keep their De's Long and Fitgerald contained, limit turnovers, and you should be ok. I predicted on Sunday, Pokes 17 - Hoos 10...I really think that will be the final score.

Lastly, have really enjoyed watching the Poke program progress over the years. Was at the UCLA bowl game a few years ago, have been to the WAR, and have really admire your new indoor facility. Heck, we don't have one of those in Hokie land. Again, congrats and good luck!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Irish Hokie wrote:Dear Pokes,

There is nothing funnier than a bunch of UVA folks who try to act tough, and like they are a bunch of bad-asses. They are the softest, weeiest, bunch of infite snobs you have ever met. They'll remind you of their superiority of course of it through any discussion even if it isn't germane to what you're speaking of. Just remember that when one of these nerds gets on your board and portrays this kind of behavior.

Now, onto the game...I think the Pokes best shot here is to simply not let UVa's D get the best of you. Their offensive is literally offensive, so don't worry about them putting up a bunch of points on you. Keep their De's Long and Fitgerald contained, limit turnovers, and you should be ok. I predicted on Sunday, Pokes 17 - Hoos 10...I really think that will be the final score.

Lastly, have really enjoyed watching the Poke program progress over the years. Was at the UCLA bowl game a few years ago, have been to the WAR, and have really admire your new indoor facility. Heck, we don't have one of those in Hokie land. Again, congrats and good luck!
Irish Hokie makes me sad. I mean it's obvious that he envies UVA, and if only he had gotten in then he wouldn't be talking all this trash. I really wish you weren't such a sad person that you have to go to Virginia's opponents boards.

Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

You are obviously a child...and know ittle about football as your posts clearl indicate.

Actually, I have been to quite a few Poke games and know the program quite well, so again, your posts are ignorant about my motivations in this regard. I am a fan of the program back to the days of Fennis Dembo...I wonder how many Pokes actually remember that name?

I figured the Pokes should know what a bunch 'Carruthers' or 'Thurston Howell the 3rds' are coming to Laramie in September. Then again, I am sure they have figured that out already for themselves.

Back to the game; I predict Devin Moore is going to go for about 80+ yards and the Pokes QB throw for 200+. Sewell will have a late game turnover which will seal the deal for the Pokes....Pokes 17, Hoos 10.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

haha.. I think most Wyoming people remember Fennis Dembo. Cover of Sports Illustrated, likely the only Wyoming athlete to ever appear there.
ImageImageImageImage