New Forum, New Smack

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Irish Hokie wrote:You are obviously a child...and know ittle about football as your posts clearl indicate.

Actually, I have been to quite a few Poke games and know the program quite well, so again, your posts are ignorant about my motivations in this regard. I am a fan of the program back to the days of Fennis Dembo...I wonder how many Pokes actually remember that name?

I figured the Pokes should know what a bunch 'Carruthers' or 'Thurston Howell the 3rds' are coming to Laramie in September. Then again, I am sure they have figured that out already for themselves.

Back to the game; I predict Devin Moore is going to go for about 80+ yards and the Pokes QB throw for 200+. Sewell will have a late game turnover which will seal the deal for the Pokes....Pokes 17, Hoos 10.
If we are judging age and maturity by examining posts, then what does it say about your age and maturity that you spend your day trash talking Virginia on their opponents message board? Read my posts again, I try to talk football until people like you come on the board and disrupt.

If you are such a "fan" of the Pokes, then why don't you talk only about the Pokes instead of taking little stabs here and there at the 'Hoos.

You're so informed about the Pokes' QB that you don't even know his name. It's Sween-- you're a diehard aren't ya?
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Irish Hokie wrote:You are obviously a child...and know ittle about football as your posts clearl indicate.

Actually, I have been to quite a few Poke games and know the program quite well, so again, your posts are ignorant about my motivations in this regard. I am a fan of the program back to the days of Fennis Dembo...I wonder how many Pokes actually remember that name?

I figured the Pokes should know what a bunch 'Carruthers' or 'Thurston Howell the 3rds' are coming to Laramie in September. Then again, I am sure they have figured that out already for themselves.

Back to the game; I predict Devin Moore is going to go for about 80+ yards and the Pokes QB throw for 200+. Sewell will have a late game turnover which will seal the deal for the Pokes....Pokes 17, Hoos 10.

Irish Hokie - we Wyoming fans appreciate posts like this from someone who knows what they are talking about. That other yahoo typifies what the fans outside of the bcs perceive the attitude of the bcs people to be. Irish Hokie's post shows that they aren't all that way.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

Hey Pokes,

Spent the day traveling with the wife and girls getting very psyched for the first game of 2007!

How are yall feeling heading into the big game next week? How are practices going and how is Moore and that lefty Qb feeling ?

I can see the the silliness the hoos are bringing to the board....I am looking forward to posting here throughout the year! Even here in the deep south, there are folks who think and care about Poke traditions, colors, and your success!

Please provide information when possible..

Sincerely,

Irish Hokie!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Irish Hokie,
There is a lot of optimism in the thin air of laramie right now..we dont feel like we're rebuilding, but rather reloading. I just arrived to laramie today, right on time for the second and final scrimmage.

Sween was looking sharp, throwing 12 for 18 for 163yds, 2tds 1 int(which was tipped by the reciever up for grabs). Both touchdown passes where both to Bolling(soph)...so it was nice to see someone stepping up with some great catches.

'D-Mo' was quiet in this scrimmage but didn't get more than 3 or 4 carries, and on one he looked like he would've busted it for a long td but it was called back on a false start penalty when d-mo already was at the corner! I do believe he's gonna be a serious mismatch with his speed.

Its good to see some fans speaking up from all parts of the country! Any other questions about the scrimmage..let me know
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Are there any other scrums? If so, take pictures for us and we'll post 'em! :)

And thanks for the scrum update, good to see the Pokes are ready to go.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

For this season o UW fan can get to over confident, in many past years we have felt that this was "the" team, and then as usual they ended up falling under expectations, you all remember 2005? Just saying don't get your hopes up, I think the very best we would do is 8-4, but chances are UW will be 6-6 or worse. Look at the schedule below

9/1 Virginia Toss up, tough team
9/8 Utah State W
9/15 at Boise State L
9/22 at Ohio Toss up, possible loss
10/6 TCU Toss up, most likely another loss
10/13 New Mexico W But don't be surprised if they upset us, they have in the past
10/20 at Air Force L We struggle at AF
10/27 UNLV W
11/3 at San Diego St. L haven't beaten SDSU down there since the 90's
11/10 at Utah L
11/17 Brigham Young Toss up, likely loss though, they are a lot better then UW
11/23 at Colorado State Toss up

so as I was saying don't bank on anything, with the looks of that schedule chances are 6-6 is very probable.
UVABy20
Buckaroo

You Wyo fans are seriously lacking in common sense...this jackass Hokie is such a huge fan of Wyoming and it's colors and traditions that he has no clue who the QB is. What a bunch of suckers you guys are snuggling up to his balls like that. Makes me want to vomit Wyoming colored puke all over the place. It won't be much longer though until we beat you down on the field and all of this nonsense can be over and you guys can take that brokeback ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

By 20...that's right...20

dapokes
Ranch Hand

You are a sad person. Its pathetic to see trash like you on our boards. I think you have something against that dude cuz he's a HOKIE! I know its your 'rival' (although to make a rival you should actually be able to beat them), but seriously go filth up their boards some more! Irish Hokie has actually been to a Wyoming game, up here and also was present at our bowl victory over UCLA recently. And about knowing our QB, he has mentioned his name in other posts and you would only know by being simply glancing at our roster..and not by performance. Oh don't worry, if you don't know who he is now...you will know after he goes FedEx Air on you're secondary! And if you're present at the game.. we're not chanting 'hoos' but rather 'HOOST', as in Hoost Marsh, after he burns you're secondary deep. ''HOOOOOOOOOOOOOST''
WYO BY 14...I'm not giving you the courtesy of making it sound like it will be within a TD like everyone else.
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

Like I said before Pokes, there is nothing funnier than Hoos trying to act all tough and bad...Its sort of like the disappointment you feel when a buddy fixes you up on a blind date, and talks up the girl as being nice, and then you meet her and see she would look better with a bag on her head...Same thing here except, as previously noted, this motley crew is dominated by Biff's, Buffy's and Thurston Howell the 3rds (remember that guy on Gilligans island?).

Oh yes, I do know Karsten Sween by the way, the Poke QB, but to me Deven Moore is the guy whose going to contribute more to this victory. Sween's job is not to lose the game, Moore's job is...Again, the Hoos have a good D, but their offense won't scare anyone.

I think the setting at the WAR is going to surprise these Hoos...you won't see them coming back to your board however congratulating you mark my words because they simply believe and think they are superior...Not just in general, but they believe they better people. Seriously...

Joe Glenn is going to have one helluva gameplane going against the Hoos no doubt...I wouldn't want to play that guy in poker...no freaking way!
UVABy20
Buckaroo

I sure hope Joe Glenn's gameplane doesn't do us in. Hopefully it isn't equipped with missiles or machine guns. I was not aware that the MWC allowed military equipment on the field during game time. I guess the name "the War" should have been my first clue.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

you will know after he goes FedEx Air on you're secondary!
I must give you credit where credit is due. That's some creative trash talk.

But honestly, I don't think that he will be going "FedEx" air on our secondary. Sween is going to have pressure on him every time he drops back, and couple that with the fact that our secondary will pick off any tipped pass or pass thrown under duress.

Wyo by 14 you say? How many points did you guys score last year? New place, but we're bringing the same (much improved) defense. You'll be lucky to get on the board. I see more of a 10-3, 14-0 affair in the favor of the 'Hoos. Hoo knows though? If we score early it could open up the flood gates.

HooHa
Buckaroo

Irish Hokie wrote:They are the softest, weeiest, bunch of infite snobs you have ever met.
OK, I'm late to this party, but I can't let this go. So you missed typing the "n" in "weeniest" but my bigger question is, what is "infite". "Infinite" wouldn't make sense, so my guess is you were going for "effete". Wow. Good try. Maybe you should stick to one syllable words, such as in the sentence: "Would you like fries with that?" Unlike you, I'm really not a fan of unfair overgeneralizations about our rivals, but you make it too easy.

Oh, and by the way WyCowboy, congratulating Irish Hokie because he's rooting for you, and complaining:
WyCowboy wrote:That other yahoo typifies what the fans outside of the bcs perceive the attitude of the bcs people to be.

I thought I'd point out that THIS IS A SMACK TALKING BOARD. YOU GUYS CREATED IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LOG OFF AND GO EAT A FUNNEL CAKE.

OK, getting away from the smack and getting real. I see this as a close game, and disagree with many Virginia posters who feel it will be a disaster if we lose. Wyoming in Laramie will be tough. If we come out sharp and play to our potential, it could be a long afternoon for the Pokes. I will fully admit that we have NOT proven we can do this on the road the last few seasons. In fact, just the opposite. Here's hoping we've turned over a new leaf.

I don't know much about your team, but understand you're breaking in a few new OLs. As we unfortunately know from last year, if the line takes awhile to gel it can be a painful experience. Especially with our front 7 returning intact, including 2 DEs I wouldn't trade with anyone.

UVA 17, UW 13
Would not be surprised to see it flipped.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

hoosgonnabeatwyo?-
you know you have to be creative so it doesn't sound like the rest of the trash talking! haha We could go FedEx Air on you guys, or Ground..or maybe we should scrap that all together, so we can ask 'what can Brown do for you?'
But honestly, I see where you are coming from...but we were at YOUR house last year. Do you factor in the home field advantage with the wind and (possibly cold), as well as the killer elevation? I know you guys dont think much of the elevation, but you soon will. I hope your wr/qb is ready for our blitz packages. I believe this should be a defensive game, but if we get out in front...its a long trip back to Virginia.
So I'm taking it that none of you guys will be coming to the game?
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, and I would love to take a trip out west somtime. But I'm pushing it to take off 6 Saturdays for home games this year, and a trip out west just isn't possible.

You said the wind and cold, but I've heard the opposite. Several Pokes have been talking about the heat instead. Is your climate that unpredictable? And we've seen just about every blitz package a team can throw at you, with teams like FSU and VT in the ACC. No offense, but with the athletes they have, I don't think we'll have trouble picking up your blitz packages. If the Hoo line performs like I expect them to, then the our defense will have plenty of time to rest on the sideline while we accumulate first down after first down. Should be a good one...

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Our motto is, "give it 5 minutes.. it'll change" in terms of the unpredictability of weather. I've seen it snow every month I lived in Laramie, and I've seen snow on the 4th of July. Anything is possible.
ImageImageImageImage
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Couple of years ago we had a snow fall in June that was so bad it closed down a good part of Laramie because of the fallen trees all over the place. I've walked to class before with it being cloudy, not overcast, cloudy then get out an hour and a half later and have it snow.

30 minutes later the snow is gone because of the 30 mile an hour winds. Gotta love Laramie.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

For those of you who are defending Irish Hokie. He states that he attended games in Wyoming and that he was at a bowl game and you believe it? Well, there was one GLARING flaw in his offering. He says, and I am not quoting exactly, that there "isn't an indoor practice facility in Hokie land". Having grown up 8 miles from the VT campus I can tell you that VT has had an indoor practice facility since around the mid 1970's. I used to know the actual name of the building, but it is located directly across the road from the Lane Stadium next to where the old track used to be, I think there is a baseball field there now. So, before you jump to this morons defense you might ought to check his credibility. VT fans are some of the worse in the world as they have NOTHING but football. They suck in every other sport. They also enjoy following Hoo fans around and trying to incite opposing fans. Their jealousy is sickening. They have had more success than us in football, especially recently, and we don't deny that. Luckily they only come around during football season, they know better than to challenge us otherwise. Ask them how many national championships they have, in ANY sport, and they cower. You can also hurt them with some others, they are the number one team in the country with top 25 finishes in football who have NEVER actually been ranked number 1. This one hurts as even UVA has made it to number 1. Be careful who you welcome, the guy not only doesn't know Wyoming football, he doesn't know anything about VT or it's campus and facilities.

On a side note, I am still struggling with your continual use of War being a tough place to play that makes a huge difference when your home record doesn't support it. If it's so difficult then why do you repeatedly say it was the reason you almost beat this team or that? If it's huge, then you would have to actually win a few there against superior opponents. Don't you think? Getting close isn't good enough. Well, except in horseshoes and hand grenades. Sorry guys, I'm not buying it. Altitude is something to think about, but these kids are finely tuned athletes, not couch potatoes. They will survive and thrive. On the other hand, maybe the thick air in Charlottesville caused your kicker to miss? AND, if you are so used to thin air then maybe your team should be supermen when you play at a normal elevation... oh wait, your road record also doesn't support this. Keep trying. It's amusing. I posted my thoughts on the outcome on another thread in this forum. Please read and comment.

As for how many will travel, not too sure at this point. Denver Hoo club is bringing a bus load or so. Several of us east coasters are coming... but a number I don't have. I'm sure you will see more orange than you care to. Good luck and most importantly, may both teams walk away with no injuries, they are kids and that is what's most important. We will all survive regardless of the outcome, but these kids futures and dreams could be shattered with one bad injury. See you Friday!!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Nothing like pre-season smack talk.... Love it.. I live in NC now and know the reality of what Virginia is really like. Don't let these jokers fool you into thinking there state is filled with some sort of better demographic than Wyo. The truth is, just because they have more people, dosen't mean they have better people. Anyway, I thought this was about a football game. Just as the whoosers are tired of hearing about the altitude, I am sick and tired of hearing about how UVA played there worst game last year against Wyo. Who is to say that wasn't our worst game? O.k. the BYU game was probably our worst, but BYU was a better team than UVA. Point is, that is a stupid arguement, you either win or lose, we lost, now we get another crack. I am not going to lie and say that UVA is not a good team, and will be a very tough test for us to start out with. We might need to break Long's leg before the game so that Sween has a pocket to throw out of. I really hope we don't see another UT game from a few years back when our QB was knocked out of the season in the first game. I think we will beat Virginia in a very tough, close game. Go Pokes.

GO POKES!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

tttgowyo wrote:Nothing like pre-season smack talk.... Love it.. I live in NC now and know the reality of what Virginia is really like. Don't let these jokers fool you into thinking there state is filled with some sort of better demographic than Wyo. The truth is, just because they have more people, dosen't mean they have better people. Anyway, I thought this was about a football game. Just as the whoosers are tired of hearing about the altitude, I am sick and tired of hearing about how UVA played there worst game last year against Wyo. Who is to say that wasn't our worst game? O.k. the BYU game was probably our worst, but BYU was a better team than UVA. Point is, that is a stupid arguement, you either win or lose, we lost, now we get another crack. I am not going to lie and say that UVA is not a good team, and will be a very tough test for us to start out with. We might need to break Long's leg before the game so that Sween has a pocket to throw out of. I really hope we don't see another UT game from a few years back when our QB was knocked out of the season in the first game. I think we will beat Virginia in a very tough, close game. Go Pokes.
Which QB was that? Stoner?
ImageImageImageImage
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Sorry, I was thinking of the game in 1999 when Stoner was sacked 13 times. He was (miracuously) not put out of the season. I believe he did miss two games that year. Whatever, my bad.. we did lose several defensive starters to injury that game. I think I was confused with 2000 when Stoner and Swanson got hurt against Texas A&M. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not claiming to be some super statistician. I will leave that to all of you with more time on your hands than me. Go Pokes.

BTW, I think I will root for the Hokies this year as well just for fun.

GO POKES!!