New Forum, New Smack

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
HooHa
Buckaroo

You feed off disrespect? Excellent. You are a Pokes fan in Kansas. How are you going to help win the game?

The disrespect you are talking about is coming from a few Hoo fans posting, once again I will point out, on a SMACK TALKING BOARD CREATED BY WYOMING FANS. Should we make the smack talk polite and civil, free from any insult or disparaging remark? That would be fun.

Believe me, our team is taking the game very seriously. With our abysmal road record the past few seasons, we would be crazy not to. The only disrespect I can recall from someone directly connected to the game is when your coach said, "Load up on the Pokes." I know it was an off-the-cuff remark, but you can be sure it is on the bulletin board.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I might be a Pokes fan in Kansas. But, I know 11 wyoming players. I talk to them all the time.
I never said to stop smack talking. I just said we feed off of it. There is a difference. Why would I trash on your team saying we have better in almost every position and then say we need to be civil? Your not making any since.
When your team can go 10-2 and not get a bowl game, 8-5 and no bowl, 8-3 and no bowl and 7-4 and not get a bowl. You know your not getting any respect. I don't know any other team that can boast a .500 record or better in a six year time frame and not get a bowl? Example In 93 we went 8-4 and lost in the copper bowl. 94, we were 6-6. 95, we were 6-5. 96, we went 10-2 ( and I know at least 3 teams that went bowling that year were 6-5, and 6-6. 97, new coach and we go 8-5, no bowl. 98, we go 8-3, no bowl. And 99, we go 7-4, no bowl.
When you go through that you know your an underdog. So when you try so hard to bring us down in your smack. All I retort back with is , "You can't break the broken."
We feed off of it. As fans, the more you feed us the louder we get. And then our guys play their butts off! We up here truely live and die with our team. There all we got.
We are "The Anthem of the Underdog."
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I might be a Pokes fan in Kansas. But, I know 11 wyoming players. I talk to them all the time.
I never said to stop smack talking. I just said we feed off of it. There is a difference. Why would I trash on your team saying we have better in almost every position and then say we need to be civil? Your not making any since.
When your team can go 10-2 and not get a bowl game, 8-5 and no bowl, 8-3 and no bowl and 7-4 and not get a bowl. You know your not getting any respect. I don't know any other team that can boast a .500 record or better in a six year time frame and not get a bowl? Example In 93 we went 8-4 and lost in the copper bowl. 94, we were 6-6. 95, we were 6-5. 96, we went 10-2 ( and I know at least 3 teams that went bowling that year were 6-5, and 6-6. 97, new coach and we go 8-5, no bowl. 98, we go 8-3, no bowl. And 99, we go 7-4, no bowl.
When you go through that you know your an underdog. So when you try so hard to bring us down in your smack. All I retort back with is , "You can't break the broken."
We feed off of it. As fans, the more you feed us the louder we get. And then our guys play their butts off! We up here truely live and die with our team. There all we got.

This is true! Come on VA fans, give us something worthwhile to put on our bulletin board. We have heard it all before.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:
Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I might be a Pokes fan in Kansas. But, I know 11 wyoming players. I talk to them all the time.

This is true! Come on VA fans, give us something worthwhile to put on our bulletin board. We have heard it all before.
We know you're quote "fired up because you've been disrespected" and that this will supposedly propel you to a win. But if you're disrespected every game then by your logic you should win every game. Correct?

You can take quotes and put them on your bulletin board, we only need one motivation and that is 13-12. Yes, our motivation is that we let you come close last year. You know your program isn't well thought ofwhen teams get pissed off because they let you come close.

But wait... you beat UCLA.

And you have a high altitude.

You win.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

HooHa
Buckaroo

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I might be a Pokes fan in Kansas. But, I know 11 wyoming players. I talk to them all the time. I never said to stop smack talking. I just said we feed off of it.
I love the image.

Kansas Cowboy on the phone: "There's some WaHoo posters on WyoNation Smack Talk board, and they're DISRESPECTING US!!!"

11 Wyoming Players: "That's it boys! Let's FEED OFF THAT and use the extra motivation to LEAD US TO VICTORY!!!"

(Wyoming goes on to win 117-3. Several Virginia players die when their heads explode from the extreme altitude.)
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Hooha...

You forgot about the part where they beat UCLA.

In case you hadn't heard.

Oh yeah, and they almost beat us too. But don't let them know that they didn't actually win... they're kind of sensitive and take moral victories and such.

dapokes
Ranch Hand

whens the last time you guys beat a team from California? jw
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:whens the last time you guys beat a team from California? jw
The last time we had a chance to play one which I believe was San Jose State, a game that I was at. Someone correct me if I was wrong.

But your post proved my point, you gain confidence from victories (moral sometimes) that don't pertain to this season at all.

Aren't you proud of yourselves? Ok you beat UCLA... move on...

dapokes
Ranch Hand

you know what, I've moved on...
seems to me all I can think about is how, come saturday, we're going to have beat your hick-inbred asses into the f-word ground! It will be even sweeter after seeing exactly how pompous you are!
Its time to pay the piper...
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:you know what, I've moved on...
seems to me all I can think about is how, come saturday, we're going to have beat your hick-inbred asses into the f-word ground! It will be even sweeter after seeing exactly how pompous you are!
Its time to pay the piper...
Rednecks don't usually get the reputation of being pompous, but it's whatever you say. You should really learn how to smack talk. I mean I could have appreciated some "rich, Caruthers, wine sipping, zima drinking" losers, but your ignorance speaks for itself as it's clear you know nothing. Hick-inbred? Hardly.

And don't lie... you haven't moved on, and your "when was the last time you beat a CA team" comment proved it. You can continue to milk your one meaningful victory for all it's worth, don't let me bring you down from your little mountain.

dapokes
Ranch Hand

I wasn't at UW when we beat UCLA, so trust me...I've moved on.. and you guys must feel f-word' tough for beating San Jose St. I must say, you must've had to grind that one out! hahaha
How am I ignorant, when all you ''hoo'' assholes have been on the forum..telling us how you're going to beat us, but when asked for an explanation...you just try to turn it around on us. With only an explanation of '' you're just wyoming'' or ''you are wyoming, we will beat you''..then trying to tell us how much better quality of football players you have. For instance, when someone mentioned how our RB Moore had world-class speed...he wasn't f-word lieing. I'd call running a 4.36 for NFL scouts world class speed. I'd also call his benching 370lbs pretty impressive for a guy who weighs under 200 and is just now going to be a junior. And when he told you about the worldclass speed your reply was ''World class speed, huh? At Wyoming? Doubt it. Just call him fast, not world class!'' Well I have news for you, 4.36 is faster than anyone on your roster..i'd guaruntee it. And yes, asshole hoos, that means even faster than you beloved Peerman!

You guys wouldn't survive out here in the West...so just stay home drinking your f-word' Whine Coolers, while we knock you off your high horse.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:So you have a better D Line huh? Yeah, I can agree with that. But, Who has the better Linebackers? Corners? Safeties? Wide Outs? Quarterback..Or Quarterbacks? I'd even put Jake Doss, or Ian Hetrick above Sewell. It takes more than just a D line to win games. And we pretty much have you beat everywhere else.
Wait! You might have a better Kicker, And I'd say that our coaching staffs are pretty equal. Considering yours are mediocre, and ours have been rebuilding since they've been here.
And let's not forget, Your in our House now. We show no compassion. You don't think our guys are holding a personal grudge for losing that game in Virginia? We come out hard and strong.
This first part of this post was entertaining. Because you say that WY has better linebackers, corners, safeties, wide outs and all of your qb's, I'm supposed to buy it? That's rich. You also end this section by assuming that that one point game somehow is only remembered by your team. Again, interesting. "We show no compassion"... that was my favorite. You really got me there, UVA is known for being very compassionate and we will definitely try our best to make sure all the WY players are comfy and happy. We won't do anything to disrupt their 'qua. LMAO

If you have read any of my previous posts you will see that I broke down why I feel like we are superior, not only on the D line but also on the O line. I gave your LB's props but disagree with you that yours are superior to ours. I think that area, is at worst even. Corners... yours are well talked about in what I read, more experienced than one of ours, as this will be his first start so I gave you the edge on that one. Safeties... you have new safeties, we have returning starters, so at best, I'll go even on that one but think we have the edge there also and all the sportswriters I read tend to agree. Wideouts... I'll give you this one without any question. We have one returning WR who has any decent playing time and will have a walk on RS Fr starting on the other side. We'll even be bringing a true freshman WR. They aren't proven, but they aren't shabby. I hate to even address your idiotic statement about QB's. We both have starters who were thrust into the lineup last year as freshmen and both did reasonably well but made the expected freshman mistakes. Ours played the entire time with two broken bones in his throwing wrist and still only tossed 4 or 5 INT's in 9 games with an improving but pitiful offensive line, TE's who were nothing more than extra tackles most of the time to keep from getting him killed. For you to say all your QB's are somehow much better than Sewell shows me you are just yapping and really know nothing. I doubt any of your QB's with the exception of Sween would stand a chance of making the two deep at UVA. Not that they are bad, but if a sophomore is starting, that tells me something about them. Bottom line, if you want to say that WY "pretty much has you beat in every other area" besides the D line, how about offering some reasoning for your statement. Otherwise it, like what I say, is just opinion. The difference is that I've at least offered my reasons for formulating my opinion. You just babble with no substance.

As for the poster who asked how many California teams we had beaten lately. I really struggle with this senseless question. We are an east coast team, we don't play very many west coast teams. But still, what does that mean? Just because USC is USC somehow qualifies every California team for the past few decades to be special??? Let me pose a question to you and I'll be more specific. How many times have you played and or beaten Florida State or Miami? We have beaten FSU twice and Miami once. I think if you go look you will see that between the 3 schools specifically mentioned that 2 of them have MANY more national championships in the past 20 years than one of them, namely UCLA. California is not mystical, it is USC and the others. Now if you wanna talk basketball... we can talk UCLA... again though, we are talking ancient history.

This is my last post before I board my flight for your fair state and I am really looking forward to my visit, unless I have everything ready early tomorrow, I might check back. Otherwise, you won't see me again till after the game. Regardless of the outcome. Go HOOS Go
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

WHOA... I hadn't seen "dapokes" last post, just before mine. Besides having to curse repeatedly to, I assume, make himself feel better. He says we have offered nothing but turn arounds. I have offered much more and have gotten very little in the form of replies. Don't ask for something you can't also supply. As for your "guarantee" that we don't have anyone on our roster with world class speed, you would lose that bet. I wasn't the one who bad mouthed your back but unless you actually know our roster, you might think twice before making a guarantee or a bet. The redshirt walkon WR I mention is not starting because he's all we have... the kid is a burner with excellent hands. Pearman is a burner and there is more. Careful, I would think someone from the west would know better than to load the wagon when you might not have the horses to pull it. :)
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

The poor little Poke has to cuss his brains out to look tough but all he does is make himself look dumber, and dumber, and dumber.

Just ignore him UvaFan04, I think his parents are related... sssshhh

I love the part about San Jose State. He says it like I was bragging about it LMAO. I love it, I answer his question so he just turns it around on me. Great stuff. Go punch a wall.

dapokes
Ranch Hand

Thankyou for proving my point. You sorry smug, fans. IrishHokie really wasn't lieing when he said you guys are all the same. Thinking you're better than everyone else must take some real determination, when you're not even the best in your own state.

''your ignorance speaks for itself as it's clear you know nothing. Hick-inbred? Hardly.''

good stuff, keep it up.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I like your little "mock" phone calls with me and my friends. But, what they did tell me is that they do hold a grudge from last years game and since your the home opener they don't need to worry about taking it one game at a time. They're just ready to go all out on Virginia. Then, go one game at a time.
These guys feed off of being disrespected, like I said before.
But, then the morons from virginia had to make it try to sound stupid. Didn't quite work huh? It was a little humorous though. I like that 117-3 or whatever it was.

I'm also curious, someone asked you all about how you dish out that your better than us, but, when we ask for actual reasons, all we get in reply from you guys are, "well, your just Wyoming, " and so on. Why don't you work on that it would make for a more successful smack.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I hope the VA fans that follow their team to Laramie are better than just about all of them I have seen on this board. These people aren't worth chatting with. A couple of years age, I enjoyed meeting and talking to the Ole Miss fans who came to Laramie - they were a class act.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:I hope the VA fans that follow their team to Laramie are better than just about all of them I have seen on this board. These people aren't worth chatting with. A couple of years age, I enjoyed meeting and talking to the Ole Miss fans who came to Laramie - they were a class act.
With representatives like "dapokes" you certainly are not the mecca of class either.

Who started the swearing on this board? When we said you were "from Wyoming" we were refering to your football team and I hold nothing against your state or your people (although dapokes is giving me a bad impression) In fact I would love to make it out to Wyoming sometime and I'm sure that it's a beautiful place just as Virginia is. Don't try to make a smack talk board more than it is, take nothing personal, don't dish if you can't take. And keep it relatively clean -- minimal swearing. It doesn't make you tough.

hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:Thankyou for proving my point. You sorry smug, fans. IrishHokie really wasn't lieing when he said you guys are all the same. Thinking you're better than everyone else must take some real determination, when you're not even the best in your own state.

''your ignorance speaks for itself as it's clear you know nothing. Hick-inbred? Hardly.''

good stuff, keep it up.
Sorry, how did I prove your point again? Or did it just sound really good in your head so you thought you would put it on a message board to increase your "posting rep"

I like how you posted a quotation of mine that made you look even more ignorant. You're catching on though, I had to give you a little kick start on how to trash talk but you're starting to get the hang on it (wine coolers, zima, bowties, khakis) You'll catch on. But right now I'm looking for a Zima can to make my avatar. I happen to find the stereotypes comical.

And we never said we were the best in our state. Tech has a good program, who produces well rounded gentlemen ;) but our athletics deparment is superior in our state. It's easy for you to say you have the best program because there is no competition. Must be one lonely pedastal you're on.

UVAMan04
Buckaroo

Sorry guys... but I'm now seriously concerned about your comprehension skills. Again you come with "you guys just bad mouth Wy and turn it around and offer nothing of substance"... just a couple posts above your writing that, I offer quite a bit of substance for the SECOND TIME and you only address the smack posts. Either you can't read or you have no substance to offer yourself. So, you choose to whine. I've refrained from as much simple smack as possible because I enjoy talking football. Sadly though, I've found very few here willing or capable to do such. Now I'm sure you will whine about this post and I don't really care. I've tried to talk real football and you have failed miserably to prove you can respond in kind. This is directed at "dapokes" and "kansascowboy", because Titleist and a couple others have offered some real football information and banter. GO HOOS