The Thread Of Shame

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

I'm pleasantly astonished that I have come back to such hospitable and tolerable Wyoming fans. Very classy winner, I'll commend you on that.

I have no excuses for the game, I'm not the fan who will throw ANY players under the bus. I grossly underestimated your coach, make sure you keep him around, and your players play solid and fundamental football. I've had our coach under the bus for a while now, this loss did nothing to change that. The gameplan was the same old story, stretch left, stretch right... no creativity. Please don't think I'm trying to diminish your victory at all-- you outplayed us... period. I still feel that we are very talented, and I wish we could take our show on the road, but until our guys play with confidence and our coaches run a creative offense....

I'll be there next saturday against Duke screaming my head off as if Wyoming never happened. I wish you all luck on the rest of the season, and I anticipate you doing very well.

If there's any more crow you feel that I deserve, please go ahead, after that abismal performance yesterday I surely deserve it.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UVABy20
Buckaroo

Not sure why I have people saying I didn't come back by for my piece of pie. I was the first Hoo to come back for some.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

UVA fans i thought u said the elevation wouldn't affect u ur guys were gasping for air in the second quatrer
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:I'm pleasantly astonished that I have come back to such hospitable and tolerable Wyoming fans. Very classy winner, I'll commend you on that.

I have no excuses for the game, I'm not the fan who will throw ANY players under the bus. I grossly underestimated your coach, make sure you keep him around, and your players play solid and fundamental football. I've had our coach under the bus for a while now, this loss did nothing to change that. The gameplan was the same old story, stretch left, stretch right... no creativity. Please don't think I'm trying to diminish your victory at all-- you outplayed us... period. I still feel that we are very talented, and I wish we could take our show on the road, but until our guys play with confidence and our coaches run a creative offense....

I'll be there next saturday against Duke screaming my head off as if Wyoming never happened. I wish you all luck on the rest of the season, and I anticipate you doing very well.

If there's any more crow you feel that I deserve, please go ahead, after that abismal performance yesterday I surely deserve it.

You are a true fan. I respect that you, unlike so many, actually came back and took it like a man. You are the only Hoo that truly gave us any credit, most of them just turned on their own mistakes. It is SO ugly on The Sabre right now, I can't believe how quickly the fans have turned on their team, and coaches. It is crazy.. Anyway, good smack talking with you... BEAT DUKE please....

GO POKES!!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

I appreciate that you haven't shoved all my trash talking down my throat, which you could have easily done. I wrote that trash talk with the understanding that our offensive playcalling and creativity would improve along with our players. But player development under Groh has been a phantom. I will never throw a player under the bus, because these kids are busting their asses all the time, and they don't call the plays, nor do they get paid. I only have two coaches under my bus right now and they share the last name. They're going to need quite a performance to get out from under the bus of 60,000 people next Saturday, and every Saturday after that for that matter. It's going to take at least a bowl victory (and to get to a bowl) for him to save his job.

I admit that right now I am one of the many who is already considering possible replacements. Peterson from Boise State is near the top of my list.

We had better beat Duke, if we don't then he will be fired during his post game press conference.

I hope that I'm allowed to stick around your board off and on this season because you have great fans and a solid team. Are you all thinking double digit wins this year? If you can take your show on the road, then it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Good luck to you all.

wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Everything UVa fans said would happen didn't. They said Sewell would outplay Sween. Nope. They said our offense couldn't move they ball and that for sure we wouldn't score more than the 12 we scored last year. Wrong. The said that Moore wasn't all we said he would be. He was. They said Chris Long would hurt Sween. :roll: . They said they would take their backfield ANYDAY over moore and Seldon. 199 rush yards between them to 7 for Virginia. 7! They said they would own the time of possesion and wear out our D. We won T.O.P. 2-1. They said the elevation was nothing. It looked like virginia had brick tied to their feet. Last but not least they said they would win. 23-3. THE SCORE OH THE SCORE!

GO POKES!! 1-0
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:I hope that I'm allowed to stick around your board off and on this season because you have great fans and a solid team. Are you all thinking double digit wins this year? If you can take your show on the road, then it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Of course you can stick around.. as long as you know how to speak football, we're game!
ImageImageImageImage
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

thanks for bein cool hoosgonnabeatwyo? . I'd like to see you and the other hoos stick around. I'd also like to see you change your sig. Go Pokes!
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I hope you enjoyed the crow? And greatly appreciate the fact you came back. It got fun, it got hard. And it even got humorous in the smack. But all in all it's been good. I enjoy talking, and even argueing with fans of other teams.
I truely hope your team can rebound and tear it up next week. I hope you all stick around throughout the year and chat. I've enjoyed it.
But I do have to say 23-3 BABY! Sure feels good! Not the sun burn though. 31,620!!! WOOOHOOO! That's a team being represented by fans!
And now, after all my driving and the screaming, and the sun, I'm tired.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

I posted my congrats over on the football board and I hope you will go read it. I sincerely wish you all a successful and healthy remainder of your season. I also thank all the Pokes I met for a great visit to your state and town. Thanks also for the lovely Poke Ladies that worked the tailgate as bartenders.

I do NOT agree with certain UVA posters bashing Groh here. I am not happy with our program at this point either, but this is NOT the place. Purely by chance I met two different sets of UVA parents in Denver on my way back and they were interesting to talk to. I know how our players felt after that game, besides our defense playing way too much, they had given their all. We were just out coached, you all have a good one.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Haha yes, I would like to stick around, but I think a new more mature handle is in order. Maybe I should just keep this one for old time's sake ;)

Mannn did you have to bring up the 7 rush yards?

Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Who wouldn't bring up only 7 rushing yards.
This is to all of you UVA fans, I really hope there is nothing between us, as in you guys and me. I got pretty rough in some smack. The games over let's move on, to what our teams need to do now.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I just got to say, I drove through Charlottesville yesterday on my way to D.C. and MAN did it feel GRRREAT to drive through their with my WYO stickers and flags on my car. I got many looks, a few thu,bs up , a couple people who shook their head in disgust, and one person actually let me know that we were number one. That is right the ol' one finger salute.. I laughed. Seriously, it does look like a cool place, and very scenic. the HILLS were nice, and I wish I could have stayed longer. Anyway, I am still celebrating, till the next POKES win....... KEEP IT UP COWBOYS!!!!!

GO POKES!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

tttgowyo wrote:I just got to say, I drove through Charlottesville yesterday on my way to D.C. and MAN did it feel GRRREAT to drive through their with my WYO stickers and flags on my car. I got many looks, a few thu,bs up , a couple people who shook their head in disgust, and one person actually let me know that we were number one. That is right the ol' one finger salute.. I laughed. Seriously, it does look like a cool place, and very scenic. the HILLS were nice, and I wish I could have stayed longer. Anyway, I am still celebrating, till the next POKES win....... KEEP IT UP COWBOYS!!!!!
I think if you stayed any longer you probably would have got your ass kicked. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage