Watch Party for Washington, DC metro area

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

All Wyoming alumni and fans are invited to the Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington, VA to watch Wyoming host Utah for Homecoming, Kickoff is 2 p.m. Eastern.

Click link for directions to the CCSP: http://www.ccsportspub.com/
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
brocksamson
Buckaroo

Wow, DC, after all that crap you talked over on your board about the people here, I'm surprised you could even handle being in the same room with somebody from wyonation without having a brain anuerysm. Pretty arrogant of you sir.
All I know is, if he ain't back in 10 minutes, we calling Dominoes.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I can't believe us "low class-wal-mart" citizens of the Wyoming Football forum group would even be considered to be invited.
I'm good for 3!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Is that anyway to treat a fellow pokes fan. Are we going to let this silly fued and grudges held by some get in the way of what is really important....arguing about what is wrong with this team and who should be our next coach. I say anyone who wants to post here is welcome. Good to see you DC.
brocksamson
Buckaroo

Whatever guy. You obviously missed all of the wyonation bashing from mr. dc, but if you weren't insulted from his little invitation, then you just keep on keepin on homes and someday I will get over this whole mess.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

TSpoke wrote:Is that anyway to treat a fellow pokes fan. Are we going to let this silly fued and grudges held by some get in the way of what is really important....arguing about what is wrong with this team and who should be our next coach. I say anyone who wants to post here is welcome. Good to see you DC.
Completely agree TSpoke...it is all water under the bridge IMO...but I am continually getting called out (as are some other posters & this site / message board in general). I have a good friend (who is a paying member) that finds true delight in letting me know...which kind of sucks! I have moved on, but I think that small group of them haven't.

Like I have said many times, we are all UW fans...which is the bottom line.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

FYI - I did see the bulk of what was said on the other board, and there was plenty of ranting over here at the time by a lot of us that left. Who cares, leave the past where it belongs and move on...we are all Pokes fans. Let it go, geez.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I don't believe I've spoken ill of anyone in regards to the migration of Pokesters to this board. For the record, it wasn't my decision to go all-pay at GoWyoGo, and had I been asked, I'd have advised against it. But, the site is run and managed by Ian so it's his right and privilege to run it the way he sees fit. I haven't been a moderator on that board for well over a year now, so I have no greater influence than anyone else. All I want is to encourage who ever is in DC this Saturday to show up at the Crystal City Sports Pub and help cheer on our boys.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

The Virginian wrote:I don't believe I've spoken ill of anyone in regards to the migration of Pokesters to this board. For the record, it wasn't my decision to go all-pay at GoWyoGo, and had I been asked, I'd have advised against it. But, the site is run and managed by Ian so it's his right and privilege to run it the way he sees fit. I haven't been a moderator on that board for well over a year now, so I have no greater influence than anyone else. All I want is to encourage who ever is in DC this Saturday to show up at the Crystal City Sports Pub and help cheer on our boys.
I agree, have not heard of you specifically DCPoke, trashing anyone. It is a shame it went the way it went...honestly, I always thought the core group of posters (you included) was a pretty good bunch of folks. I say the same for Cowboys, Kahuna, The Cup, Jackal, among others. Bottom line, we are all part of THE University of Wyoming...fan, booster, student, alumni, etc., and that is where the passion should rest. The name calling started with Ian and the riff-raff comment...but hey, that is his to own, that was his choice, and what comes around always goes around. Cheers Fry, and GO POKES!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
brocksamson
Buckaroo

Yep, ok so I'm supposed to believe that:

http://wyoming.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... 96&style=2

has no TIC (tongue in cheek, just for you JacksFan) by you and so I'm supposed to believe that you really care about meeting more Pokes fans in the Nation's Capitol? So now this board of 'idiots' (which is only here to take the 'idiots' from other schools away from the heart and soul of poke nation) is good enough to watch the game together?

And while I have your and wyopoke's attention, can you please explain the hypocracy that is packerpoke? Please just try and rationalize to me why she, with all of her wit and might, gets a free pass to rivals because of all that she contributes to the board other than your own almighty delightment?

Man, it wouldn't be so bad if this all didn't go down during the worst season of UW football since 2002, and we at least beat AF that year.

It just may be a compound fracture.

This post submitted not so anonymously by Nick Hauser
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Great link Brocks. I always respected DC, one of the few active poster on GWG that I did. I was disappointed in him jumping on the band wagon with the same assholes that I got tired of getting lit up and attacked by.
I am, however, able to forgive and hope "The Virginian" can bring some good quality post to wyonation.
I tried one last post on GWG...asked one question and gave some input. Of course, my feedback was telling me my assumptions were wrong. Figured that would do it for me. I learned long ago that most people won't change and once there is a perception of someone...especially anonymously, it won't likely change.
This is a good board and I hope it continues with some great Wyoming athletics talk.
Only 25 more days until the Cowgirls tip it off :D
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I've been reading GWG since Slider ran it and have been reading both boards since the GWG went pay only. I have noticed that the complaining and hurt feelings subsided here after just a couple of days. It's still going on on GWG. Search both boards and note the quantity and timing on both.

I've been reading DC Poke's posts for years and I really thought he would be above that sort of thing, but the linked thread proves otherwise. Then he comes here and posts this invitation and denies trashing this board all in one thread. Just incredible. I do get to our nations capitol on occasion and usually stay in or near Crystal City. If I ever happened to be there on a game day, I was really looking forward to meeting DC. Not so sure I want to now.

Honestly, the whole board war disgusts me. We have a relatively small fanbase to begin with and now one group of fans thinks they are above the other. Why GWG thought it needed to go 100% pay to post is beyond me. They have had a pay to post forum for years. Guess what? It's dead and has been almost since it was created. That's the future I see for GWG now. DC and several of the GWG elites are already showing up over here. Then there was this thread on tuesday about how it used to be. GWG is already circleing the drain. Maybe once it's gone we can all unite in our passion for UW sports. Until then it's just sad.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I, for one, have always had respect for DC...he's always been a decent poster and to my recollection has not ever personally attacked any poster online.

But DC, you have to admit you got caught up in the moment when the Ian decided to line his pockets a bit more by extorting posting rights...I too was a regular reader (not so much poster) from the Slider era. My personal feeling is that we are all fans of Wyoming athletics, regardless of how bad they are at the moment. I hope that you will share your views of Pokes sports here as well as over at GWG.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

NOW I'M PISSED

Read this from GWG a few weeks ago....
http://wyoming.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... 06&style=1

I never bad-mouthed GWG on here.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:NOW I'M PISSED

Yeah, that thread was a real piece of work. twistedpoke is pissed that someone copied a handle he doesn't even use anymore. (Wyolie Coyote is apparently too close to Wyowillie for tp's tastes) What a stupid thing to get upset about. :roll:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

COS Cowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:NOW I'M PISSED

Yeah, that thread was a real piece of work. twistedpoke is pissed that someone copied a handle he doesn't even use anymore. (Wyolie Coyote is apparently too close to Wyowillie for tp's tastes) What a stupid thing to get upset about. :roll:
I didnt read the entire thread so...how the hell did I get dragged thru the mud? Funny thing is I hardly ever post on GWG before this mess started.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
I didnt read the entire thread so...how the hell did I get dragged thru the mud? Funny thing is I hardly ever post on GWG before this mess started.
You got me, that's the sort of thing I've seen over there since they went pay only.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

COS Cowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
You got me, that's the sort of thing I've seen over there since they went pay only.
Jesus, that's poop! (not you, COS Cowboy, I meant GWG!)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Just my 2 cents....but I wont pay that to state it :). If people want to pay money to be able to post their opinion on an online message board, who cares, go for it. There is no question that the quantity and overall quality of information has drastically declined since gwg went pay. I understand that there is time and money invested in running a site, but IMO a true die-hard fan would rather donate that time to help promote a larger and more organized fanbase rather than to line one's own pocket. I don't know the person at all, just an outside perspective. I like this site, I used to read GWG quite often, not so much anymore because there just arent nearly as many topics. I did read the wal-mart thread and that was pretty ridiculous. Hopefully, there wont be many more topics and wasted space on the apparent message board rivalry. A better performance by the cowboys would go a long ways in easing those apparent tensions :)!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

OK, I admit that I did say I hoped all the trolls would find this place as they're probably not going to pay to trash GWG (wait, it won't take long and they'll find this place without my help). Bad mojo on my part, but I've still not trashed any one poster (with the exception of Choke-what's his name) over this move. Time heals all wounds, so I guess it's best to let sleeping dogs lie and worry more about the sorry state of Wyoming's football team. I've noticed that most of the larger schools have two or more message boards with various constituencies. I guess this is really an indication that PokeNation continues to become more and more "big time". Overall, I don't see anything wrong with it because it seems to be a natural progression as far as these things go. In the Big Picture, we're all Wyoming fans and members of PokeNation writ large. Wyoming is a big territory and there's room for everybody.

To quote jcintherock... Peace. 8-)