Is this becoming an either/or thing?

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
TheCup
Ranch Hand

Is there room in these intertubes for people like me who like this board as well as GWG? I understand the reaction to the decision to make that a pay to play board, and I agree that the median age over there sometimes seems to be just north of 73, but there is a lot of history in that place for a lot of folks going all the way back to Slider.

Isn't there room in this big, wide world for two Wyoming message boards?
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I think there is room for everyone here, and enjoy talking with many who still may be @ GWG.

I'd personally rather spend my money elsewhere than an internet message board.
God is a Cowboy
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

TheCup wrote:Is there room in these intertubes for people like me who like this board as well as GWG? I understand the reaction to the decision to make that a pay to play board, and I agree that the median age over there sometimes seems to be just north of 73, but there is a lot of history in that place for a lot of folks going all the way back to Slider.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand". A.L.

Of course there is and I will not get into the argument of which is better or worse, but I have new loyalties and will support and post on WyoNation as I appreciate their "open door" policy. Time to move on and concentrate on kicking ass on the BG Parakeets.

Rock 'em Pokes!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Personally, I have no problem with people being on both boards. Just want to see this board grow.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

The moderators seem very laid back here...I don't think it is a "here or there" type of thing by any means. GWG was great for many years, I really enjoyed most of it. Too bad things shook out like they did, I didn't dig that much, but at this point, it is what it is. No bad blood...we are all WYOMING!

Go Pokes!

TheCup wrote:Is there room in these intertubes for people like me who like this board as well as GWG? I understand the reaction to the decision to make that a pay to play board, and I agree that the median age over there sometimes seems to be just north of 73, but there is a lot of history in that place for a lot of folks going all the way back to Slider.

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McPeachy wrote:The moderators seem very laid back here...
Thanks.

If anyone wants to post on both, go ahead. It won't hurt my feelings. I got friends in Hawai'i who posts on the two main boards for Hawai'i fans (Warrior Sports Network and SPORTS HAWAII) and no one shuns them for doing it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

There is definitely room for two boards, as long as The Cup comes over here and posts his great literature as well, always looked forward to reading your posts. :D
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

GWG itself is okay... the way it is run has always been a thorn. After being discriminated against since I can't afford the price tag that pays for 3 weeks of food for me as a student. Does that make me any less of a fan not having money to spend? I show up to every home game for football (even the ones that don't look good, I don't even leave until the game is over regardless the score) and womens basketball. I know the rest of the posters wouldn't hold my financial situation against me but someone obviously doesn't like us students and decided to get rid of us as well. So, if the old guys can afford it that is fine but on this completely free board we are all equal because as a fan there is no hiearchy but only a way to express it. That is something missing on GWG. If the whole GWG comes over it makes no difference to me other then it would provide more depth to our discussion. That is always good! ;)
Go Pokes!
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

Yeah, I've been around since Slider too and quit posting a couple years ago because it was getting too wierd. I only viewed to catch quick links to news stories, now I'm back to looking for them myself :D
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

sandiegopoke wrote:Yeah, I've been around since Slider too and quit posting a couple years ago because it was getting too wierd. I only viewed to catch quick links to news stories, now I'm back to looking for them myself :D
Welcome to the site, sandiegopoke. I remember you from way back.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

You know, that's always been a theory of mine. I always had a link on the front page for GoWyoGo (and Cowboy Blitz), even though they were competition because I felt Wyoming fans should get all of the information, no matter where it comes from whether it be here, there, or anywhere. I even left the GWG link up after Ian politely told me to screw off when I asked him about hyping my place a bit on GWG. It was the only board (Wyoming or other MWC boards) that said, "no." But so what, I figured if I provided more good information, people should show up eventually. I'm working on putting together some history stuff, running list of Pokes in the Pros, past award winners, etc.. I want this site to have more info than the official Wyoming site.. a lot of work to do, but it's getting there.
ImageImageImageImage
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

GWG itself is okay... the way it is run has always been a thorn. After being discriminated against since I can't afford the price tag that pays for 3 weeks of food for me as a student. Does that make me any less of a fan not having money to spend? I show up to every home game for football (even the ones that don't look good, I don't even leave until the game is over regardless the score) and womens basketball. I know the rest of the posters wouldn't hold my financial situation against me but someone obviously doesn't like us students and decided to get rid of us as well. So, if the old guys can afford it that is fine but on this completely free board we are all equal because as a fan there is no hiearchy but only a way to express it. That is something missing on GWG. If the whole GWG comes over it makes no difference to me other then it would provide more depth to our discussion. That is always good
SnipeyPoke, I agree with what you said. I am a student too, and I can't afford the price tag to post on a message board. I just heard about this board today, so I came over and registered. I'm glad to have a place to still be able to post, and relay information I find out as a student like pep rally information, and events going on, on campus.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

Well, yeah, duh, it's becoming an either/or thing....because GWG won't let us post or read there. Sheesh.