Wyoming vs Virginia Smack

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

UVABy20 wrote:Miami GAVE us the game...and we barely took it.....never have more idiotic words been spoken....well except any other time you Wyo idiots open your mouths....we dominated Miami in ever facet of the game from open to close. How is going up 17-0 and allowing a late game TD for a 17-7 win barely taking it? Is reality in any way a requirement for the trash that spews out of your uninformed minds?

I love how excited you guys are about a close loss last year. It just further illustrates how pitiful and starved for anything resembling success you guys are. Maybe the reason so many teams back out of games with you is because you are complete and utter jackasses who have no idea how to communicate with the rest of the world after being trapped in Wyoming for so long.

Oh well...one more week and this nonsense can be over. UVA by 20
How did you dominate Miami in every facet of the game.. you only had 80 more yards of total offense than they did, and they turned the ball over twice. That's not dominating every facet of the game, that's two piss poor offenses slugging it out, and one team making two mistakes. One of the touchdowns you guys scored, you marched a whopping 26 yards for the score. Congrats! The INT came at the end of the game. Not exactly a dominating performance by either team. This game could have easily been 10-7.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:
UVABy20 wrote:Miami GAVE us the game...and we barely took it.....never have more idiotic words been spoken....well except any other time you Wyo idiots open your mouths....we dominated Miami in ever facet of the game from open to close. How is going up 17-0 and allowing a late game TD for a 17-7 win barely taking it? Is reality in any way a requirement for the trash that spews out of your uninformed minds?

I love how excited you guys are about a close loss last year. It just further illustrates how pitiful and starved for anything resembling success you guys are. Maybe the reason so many teams back out of games with you is because you are complete and utter jackasses who have no idea how to communicate with the rest of the world after being trapped in Wyoming for so long.

Oh well...one more week and this nonsense can be over. UVA by 20
How did you dominate Miami in every facet of the game.. you only had 80 more yards of total offense than they did, and they turned the ball over twice. That's not dominating every facet of the game, that's two piss poor offenses slugging it out, and one team making two mistakes. One of the touchdowns you guys scored, you marched a whopping 26 yards for the score. Congrats! The INT came at the end of the game. Not exactly a dominating performance by either team. This game could have easily been 10-7.
Would 10-7 not have still been a win? You guys are the kings of moral victories and diminishing wins. Face it, regardless of the score last year, we BEAT you.

I hope you will be able to take something positive out of the game September 1st because it certainly will not be a victory.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UVAMan04
Buckaroo

I don't consider this smack but I'll post it here anyway. First off, I'm very excited that I'll be flying out of here Thursday to come see the beautiful state of Wyoming, or at least a small portion of it. I happen to love the west. Being a HOO in S. Carolina it will also be very refreshing to see temperatures less than 100. I am really struggling with what to bring but I'll make due. Hope my experience with Wyoming fans is better in person than what I've seen here and on The Sabre.

As for the game and what I read here I've seen one poster ask repeatedly for us to provide numbers to justify why we "think" we are better than Wyoming. He has posted meaningless data comparing apples to oranges as to winning percentages of opponents, etc. You cannot use this comparison unless you both play all the same schools. It is useless otherwise. The only real fact that can be posted about last year is you played us and we you and you lost. That is the only fact that holds any water. You call it making excuses or whatever when we say we were in complete turmoil with our QB and our offensive line was... well offensive, to say the least. But, we can reasonably expect to be much better there, if for no other reason than experience playing together. All 5 of our starters are back and have a year of game experience, spring, summer and fall camp practice time together. One can reasonably assume this will mean improvement, especially when one looks at the improvement displayed by this group toward the end of the season last year. You did not face our current QB who also did pretty well for a RS Fr tossed into the mix when the upperclassmen did not get the job done. I'll take your argument that your "gunslinger" is much better than the guy who played against us and we'll call that one even. But, we must go back to the offensive line issue. As I said, we return all five starters and most pundits will tell you that it all starts with the line. Having been a trench man in my playing days, I agree wholeheartedly. You on the other hand do NOT have an intact offensive line. You have guys who, according to all I read, played some last year as back ups but have not played together as a unit and one who was being counted on even defected back home. This means that an argument I've seen about constant substituting to keep them fresh either can't happen or will be at quite a price in terms of quality, I assume. One can reasonably give the nod to an experienced unit versus a group playing together for the first time? Agreed? You have a couple good running backs I read, we have a few also. You definitely get the nod for experienced WRs but I think our TEs will figure more prominently into our offense this year and UVA gets the nod there. So, offensively I have to think we are superior based purely on our offensive line. How can I say this, because if your offense cannot move the ball against your second team defense, you surely don't believe that another division I schools first string defense is worse than your second string? (I read this tidbit in one of your papers, compliments of a Sabre link) Another little tidbit, our defense has gone on record as saying that the offense has closed the gap that was there last year between the two units. I don't think that's because the defense went down hill.

Defensively... again, up front you are in a bit of a mess, having to depend on the improvement of former non starters, for the most part. We return our front intact and the depth is there to substitute freely. Do you have that up front? We return our LBs who I'd go on record as saying are at least equally as good as yours. I have read yours are quite good but I don't think any better than ours. I'll be gracious and give you the nod on defensive backs. Even though we return all but one as starters. Bottom line for me though. Since we also run the 3-4, we practice against it daily, know how to attack it, etc. We have experience up front, where again it all begins, I believe our experienced line can do a better job of keeping our linebackers free to make plays than your less experienced line. Not to mention your issues with your offensive line discussed ad nauseum earlier. I think that's reasonable, you might not. So, if your LBs are at least equal to ours then the difference has to be which can keep the LBs free to make their plays. I"m gonna go with our pre season all-American end, Freshman all-American end and rotation of nose tackles.

So, all that being said, and I apologize for the length. I see UVA as superior in the areas that matter the most. The trenches. I'm biased and I think we have some other strengths, but I'll leave it at that one as it's the most obvious. I have gone on record as saying we win by 2+ TDs and I am not wavering from that decision. I even think our defense will score at least once. Regardless, that's just my feeling. Sad thing for me is that we won't show everything against you all, we will have to save some things for our conference mates. Don't want to give away too much too early. But you will see enough that we won't have to worry about any visitors to The Sabre after Sept. 1 with Poke (except maybe DCPoke) in their name. Should I be wrong in my gut feelings here, which is possible. I'll gladly come back and eat my crow... I just require that you allow me to bring my own hot sauce, that stuff is dry.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I'll agree about the lines. You have the upper hand. Your D-Line is, quite frankly, scary. But where you got this idea of our offense being anemic, I cant understand. I was at our final scrum, and the offense was looking pretty damn good. We'll be ready for you guys, trust me.

Another thing you didn't mention, just as all the other UVA fans, was our home field advantage. Wyoming is a very difficult place to come in and get a win..from whatever elevation. Just look at last year, Boise St came in and won because our QB (who was benched to make way for Sween) threw a pick six toward the end of the game. We lost 17-10...I was there, the game could've gone either way. They went on to win the Fiesta months later. Now Boise's elevation is 2,074 feet above sea level...nearly 1,600 feet above your elevation. Your conference is almost all around sea level. As you may find out once you get to Laramie, which is sitting at 7,220 ft, you will have one of the best nights of sleep in your life! I promise that. The fatigue is going to hit your boys hard, unless they spent this entire next week up here getting used to it...I'll have a hard time believing that we don't have the edge there. It'll be a good game, but like i said in previous posts WYO wins by 2 touchdowns. I do respect your post and how you came about it.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Check that out.. a UVA poster that came on here with rational reasons, and well spoken.. and nothing about f-word farm animals. Thanks for the post, UVAMan04. Well appreciated. Hope you enjoy your stay in Laramie, and get to see as much of Wyoming as you can. I recommend Lovejoys downtown for a cool beer before the game.
ImageImageImageImage
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

You are welcome guys, I have no reason to insult you. I have responded to the elevation question on another thread. I just can't give it the weight you all do. These aren't couch potatoes we are talking about, these are finely tuned athletes who have spent the last several months working out in extreme heat and humidity. Yes, the oxygen level does play a role but I just can't give it all the weight you all do. You have yet to say that you won this game or that because of your elevation. All I've seen is that you "almost" won this game or that one. For it to be a huge advantage you need wins, not almosts. There was a time when the two death valleys, LSU's and Clemson's were places that could brag about being placing you didn't want to play in. Clemson's died off and LSU's is still pretty strong. That is why I just don't have too much fear. I spoke with Chris Long a couple weeks ago and like you all say about your team, he has a chip on his shoulder the size of one of your mountain rocks. He feels disrespected by your players and your fans. Chris is NOT a talker. If that comes from him then I know the rest of the team will come in hungry. I am actually glad we barely squeeked out the win last year. No chance we come in overconfident.

I will be trying out a couple of your watering holes Friday as I'm driving over from Denver Friday morning due to a late flight in Thursday night. Saturday morning I will be attending the VAF tailgate for my pre-game refreshment. I might hit the place you mention after the game. I am looking forward to some good microbrewery beer made with your wonderful water.

As for my information on your second scrimmage, it came from the Casper Star Tribune. I am including a partial quote:
"The Cowboys' first-team offense was on the sideline just as quickly on Wednesday night in the final dress rehearsal before the season-opener next week against Virginia -- but there was much more head-scratching than back-slapping this time.

Sophomore quarterback Karsten Sween and the starting offense was sent packing quickly with a pair of three-and-outs by the second-string defense to start the situational scrimmage, which wasn't exactly what UW coach Joe Glenn had in mind from the group.

"We've got to get better, and maybe play with a little more gusto," Glenn said. We didn't come out with much pizzazz.

"We go two drives with the No. 1 offense against the second-team defense and don't do anything to start the game, we can't start like that."

Not much in that article spoke well of your offense, with the exception that later in the scrimmage you did move the ball a little better. I sincerely hope that beyond all else, the two teams walk away without any serious injuries. That is what's most important. We (fans) will survive regardless of the outcome but these kids futures could be ruined by some ill fated hit. See you all Friday and look forward to more talk before I leave here Thursday! GO HOOS!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Big teams won't come to Laramie to play.. so there's no comparison. UVA is one of the first teams in a while to actually travel to come play.. Boise comes here, but they're a relatively close team. But when Texas A&M brought their finely tuned team, they left huffing and on oxygen.

As far as microbrews.. look for some Fat Tire, Moose Drool, or some Easy Street Wheat. You won't be disappointed. If you have time, stop by the Budweiser Brewery between Denver and Laramie, near Fort Collins. I hear it's a wonderful tour complete with beer samples.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

No disrespect to Chris Long...but you cant base your winnings (like some other UVA fans) by saying that because they have Long and that we're JUST Wyoming. You don't think that the entire state, as well as the proud players that represent the fine University don't feel disrespected? I'm sure both teams will come ready to play. As for the Scrum, I missed the first 15 mins..but from what I saw (the td passes and such) I liked. rSoph Greg Bolling REALLY made some spectacluar catches. You'll also have to watch Hoost Marsh...he's got great speed to make up for his short fram and torched Syracuse's good safeties last year. Michael Ford was the 39th best reciever in the nation (if i can recall correctly). Our TE Wade Betschart (first team all conference) will likely help blocking Long (see how I mentioned ''help'' hahaha). Trust me, I do respect your Defensive Star...for how he plays..not who his Father is.

All of that aside, it will be a good game. I think you will enjoy the scenary of Laramie..probably one of the few place where it can be hot outside and you can see snow in the distance on top of the mountains. Enjoy the WAR atmosphere.
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Props to you UVAMan04, personally I appreciate your well thought out points and beliefs.

I completely agree with you on the fact that your O and D line is superior. I've got a little bit of insider info about the team and all that good stuff so I'll share some tidbits...

The offensive line, like you said, has not gelled as quickly as the coaching staff thought. With the implementation of the no huddle/Colts style offense the team is hoping to maximize the ability of a smart and athletic line. That was the main reason why the defense looked good against the offense in the Brown/Gold scrimmage, the coaching staff was trying to overload and confuse the line...and it worked a little too well. The line is solid though, just unsure...and that's a scent I'm sure your guys are going to pick up on!

The D-line has been the talk of the team for the past week. The term "play maker" continues to come up and Sween really believes that him and the O line need to play close to perfect to keep the game in our favor. I guess the thought is that as long as we do what we need to do, and it's going to be really tough, that a win isn't out of the question.

I hate to say it but in terms of offense I believe we're in the same boat. It took a few weeks but the coaching staff worked out some kinks in term of both teams starting quarterbacks and both teams got a lot better. The offense, though, is where I feel we have an advantage. From what I've been reading the UVA secondary is strong in the back but weak on the sides...same with the LBs. Just like the saying goes, the games' going to be determined in the trenches.

We've got a week and a lot of expectation around here...the season opener on campus is an experience that is hard to describe. When you're the ONLY game in the STATE everybody rallies behind the team and...again it's hard to describe but when you're at the game you'll feel what I'm talking about. I really hope you enjoy the game and the City of Laramie. Easiest place to get a drink before the game is at The Library which is right across from the dorms...a good 5-10 min walk from War Memorial. Don't try to get a bite to eat right after the game because getting a table will be close to impossible...give it a few hours then head down to Altitudes on 2nd street.

I'll stand by my words and say UW by 10. If you guys win I've got no problem admitting I was wrong, it wouldn't be the first time! I'll even wish you guys good luck on the season on your board. Just try to chaperon UVAby20, he needs some guidance.

Lastly...give some credit to the altitude argument. I'm from Southern California, played some JUCO football down there and the altitude change and how it affects your body is not a joke. A good friend of mine who was a recruited cross country runner could vouch that it's no BS. I promise that you'll see some lethargic play on UVA's end.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

Hey, I never discounted the altitude issue altogether. I just don't give it the be all, end all weight that you all do. I'm more worried about me being able to stand it than the team. :o) I am old and not finely tuned anymore.

Those who are making it from our tailgate group have already decided to meet at Altitudes Friday evening. We planned on the Library for Saturday evening. We did our research and it's good to know we picked a couple good ones. As I said, the VAF (Virginia Athletic Foundation) is having a tailgate prior to the game on, I believe Central Avenue south of the stadium, and we plan to do our tailgating there. We have a great group and if Wyoming ever comes to Charlottesville again you are welcome to stop by the Wilk Hall tailgate. We are a diverse group and we truly welcome friend and foe, as long as you can be civil.

Any college program that isn't excited, hyped, fired up, etc at this point doesn't deserve to play the game. At this point we are all equal. We all have a chance at the NC, regardless of what the pundits say. I'm so excited that I've packed everything except my clothes, so they don't get wrinkled too badly, and I'm not flying out till Thursday afternoon. I have a layover in Atlanta, so I plan to drink my last run of the mill beer there. I refuse to drink just anything while in Laramie, with the exception of what's included at the tailgate as I'm sure they will go basic.

OK, a little more football. As far as our offenses are concerned, this is based purely on what I can read and is being compared to what I've seen with my own eyes. So, take it with a grain of salt. I think we are futher along, based mostly on the offensive lines but also a couple other things. Our QB had two broken bones in his hand all last year. He played through the pain, which he hid from the staff by taping his own hand and not letting on to the trainers. He still broke the freshman passing records and threw less than a half dozen INTs in 9 games. He did not have the luxury of our very good TE's to throw to as they needed to become blockers to protect him. So his targets and what the staff trusted him to do was VERY limited. That is not the case this year. Our offensive line has matured greatly, our TEs are again part of the passing game and our best RB is back to the type of runner he was in high school and his first year at UVA. Last year he tried to change and with the O line being what it was, that was disaster. He is NOT a juker, he is a one cut here I go type back. Along with him, we have a couple track stars (i.e. speed) who also have some interesting elusiveness and will be used not only as his back up but will be on the field with him some. I'm not sure how much of our offense we will actually use in the first game. Groh and company went to Florida in the offseason and "borrowed" a few things from Urban Meyer. I think that stuff will be held as surprises for our conference opponents. We also have a couple RS Fr and true Fr WR's that have been amazing in camp. We lost our best WR and everyone is focused on that, but these guys have been a joy to watch, they are FAST, hungry and fearless, good traits for a WR.

Defensively, we return 10 starters, the one new addition is a kid named Vic Hall at CB. Vic owns the VA High School record books for passing yards, rushing yards, TD's, etc from his QB days in high school. He is a VERY fast young man with a great instinct for the game and while smaller in stature he is not afraid to play the run. He has been slowly brought along at CB the past couple years and has earned his starting spot. I can't say he'll be great because he has to prove himself in game situations yet. But, I believe he's ready. Someone just said they thought you all were better at CB and OS LB? I can see how you might be at CB but not OS LB. We return two starters at this position and have depth in our LB corp that we've not had for a few years. All 4 LBs play off of each other, they are one of the most tightly nit groups we have. They communicate without speaking, as they have been together now long enough to just know. You add this with the experienced front and they should have every opportunity to do their thing. Someone also talked about blitz packages. Again, not sure how many cards Groh will show in game one... but trust me. Coach London (defensive coord) has several things up his sleeve. We saw some of it last year and the expectation is that this defense will be MUCH more aggressive this year with the DB improvement making risk taking more viable.

Damn, I can't wait!!! Sorry, again that I got long. I just love this game and talking about it.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Trust me. Elevation makes a difference. When I was in college I was finely tuned. I would run 7 to 8 miles a day and work out twice a day. I lived in Rock Springs, Wy. In High School I ran track and also played basketball. Our track coach would make us run up White Mountain. It is a basin at the edge of Rock Springs that jets up about 1,000 feet or more. The road we ran was at some points 20 grade level. We had to run up and down it twice. We were one of the best long distance runners in the country. I didn't have the body of a distance runner either. An avg distance runner goes 5-8 150. I was 6-1 198. But I could run. When I went to college in Kansas The elevation change allowed me to run an extra 3 to 4 miles a day. Where in R.S. I ran about 3 to 4 miles a day it jumped to what I stated above. But, after living in Kansas for two years when I returned home, I went for a run, in better shape than when I left. I could only run 2 miles and I was sucking for air! Rock Springs is an elevation of 6,500 ft. Laramie is 7,220. I couldn't imagine running in Laramie that day. Elevation makes a huge difference. Add it to your game prediction.
Wyoming will pull away in the third and forth quarter.

Wyoming 24
Virginia 14
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

If you're looking for a good microbrew in Laramie make sure you take advantage of the sampler at Altitudes. O'Dwyers/The Library also puts out some good beers and the bartenders like to make the drinks stout...so that's always a plus!

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see UVA try some of the Urban Meyer spread up here in Wyoming. It's not like we didn't face that offense when he was at Utah, might not be a bad idea to see how it would work against a coaching staff and a few players who have seen the offense before. I was the guy who mentioned the possible advantages at OLB and CB. Now I'm not sure if this is just idle chit-chat or just bad info, and I'm thinking you're an objective enough guy to shoot me straight on this, but from what I've heard UVA's LBs make more plays with their talent then their brains. Hard hitting and determined LBs who will over pursue and make constant mistakes, that's where I think UW has the advantage IF that is true. Our group is fine tuned, experienced and determined, on defense our strength is our LBs.

Don't get too frustrated with the traffic in town during game day...the city, and I kid you not, will almost double in size when War Memorial is full. If I were you guys, depending on where you're staying...park behind Taco Bell or down by the park, it is only a couple of blocks away. Trust me, walking is the way to go!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see UVA try some of the Urban Meyer spread up here in Wyoming. It's not like we didn't face that offense when he was at Utah, might not be a bad idea to see how it would work against a coaching staff and a few players who have seen the offense before. I was the guy who mentioned the possible advantages at OLB and CB. Now I'm not sure if this is just idle chit-chat or just bad info, and I'm thinking you're an objective enough guy to shoot me straight on this, but from what I've heard UVA's LBs make more plays with their talent then their brains. Hard hitting and determined LBs who will over pursue and make constant mistakes, that's where I think UW has the advantage IF that is true. Our group is fine tuned, experienced and determined, on defense our strength is our LBs.
This may have been true of some of the 'backers Virginia has had previously (Though Ahmad Brooks didn't need brains, he was just straight scary) but these linebackers are very intelligent. They gelled quite quickly last year and are making all of the calls on defense without hesitation. I wouldn't say that our linebackers made an abnormal amount of mistakes last year, early in the season they were struggling, but really came together to play well towards the end. I have read good things about your linebackers, and seeing as you have 4 of them like us it will be interesting to see how each group as a whole performs.

dapokes
Ranch Hand

ahmad brooks was scary, haha..no joke. Is he starting with the Bengals since Thurman is out for alcohol issues?
We do have a very solid group of backers...the most I like about them is the depth. I kid you not, I think that our second-stringers are just as fundamentally sound as our starters, which is why you will see them rotating constantly..staying fresh. I'm really impressed with the latest recruiting class, especially the linebackers. We landed 4 solid kids. 1 of whom should see playing time this year. Hendricks, one of the top overall prospects from Colorado...we stole him from CU, CSU, Air Force, and any other big school. The remaining three were highly touted coming out of High School. When I spoke with them recently they told me that Joe Glenn was the reason they chose UW, and passed up schools like Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, and Michigan. Potential looks to have been a huge factor in this recruiting class.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

What you are hearing could not be further from the truth. I had an article I'd like to share, but I'm forced to paraphrase. Groh talked about how he had to sit down with our LBs and convince them to think LESS. They tended to over analyze and he has urged them to react more and trust their instincts as the play unfolds. As they have matured I think this will be the case.

I will give you the history of just one of them and highly urge you to keep an eye on him any chance you get during the game. His name is Jon Copper. Jon is a former walk-on who was given a scholarship last year. When two of our LB's left for the NFL prior to last year Jon showed up in the starting lineup in camp. Everyone said, "he's too small, he's too slow, he's too this or that, to be a good LB" Jon promptly went out last year and led our LB's in tackles. He makes up for his lack of speed with his brain. He is a film rat. He constantly watches film to educate himself. He had a tendency to look at the offensive set last year, consider the down and distance, and call the play in his mind, he had watched that much film and was often right. Groh asked him to relax and go more with his instinct now and back off some on his analyzation. He is still relatively slow and not a sideline to sideline guy... but he will make up a lot of distance because he puts himself in the right place to make the play. He also just bit the bullet and go married in the off-season, poor guy. :) These guys now know how to play together, what to expect from each other and it is the sincere belief of those with serious connections with the program (which does not include me), that we will be a MUCH more aggressive defense this year than we were last year and we were more aggressive last year than we had been in some time.

I look forward to seeing some excellent LB play from both teams. My belief, and I guess hope, is that our interior line play will be more beneficial to our LBs than yours and this will be the difference. We also have something this year that hasn't been there before. While inexperienced to a degree, we have very good depth at LB. The big difference in our younger LBs and our starters is that they are all pretty much sideline to sideline guys. In other words, they have speed to burn. They are not as seasoned and experienced though and can make mistakes. Their upside at this point is raw speed which can sometimes help you make up for an ooops!
HooHa
Buckaroo

Good point by UVAMan04 earlier about blitz packages. Defensive Coordinator Mike London is going to be one of the most valuable men on our team. With all of the returning experience on D, we can really open up the play book. Expect to see a lot of blitzes designed expressly to confuse your young OL and cause missed assignments. Do not be surprised to see any player come on any play, except maybe for a safety lined up 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. (And you'd better keep an eye on him to make sure he's not creeping up before the snap.)
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:ahmad brooks was scary, haha..no joke. Is he starting with the Bengals since Thurman is out for alcohol issues?
We do have a very solid group of backers...the most I like about them is the depth. I kid you not, I think that our second-stringers are just as fundamentally sound as our starters, which is why you will see them rotating constantly..staying fresh. I'm really impressed with the latest recruiting class, especially the linebackers. We landed 4 solid kids. 1 of whom should see playing time this year. Hendricks, one of the top overall prospects from Colorado...we stole him from CU, CSU, Air Force, and any other big school. The remaining three were highly touted coming out of High School. When I spoke with them recently they told me that Joe Glenn was the reason they chose UW, and passed up schools like Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, and Michigan. Potential looks to have been a huge factor in this recruiting class.
Yes, I believe Ahmad is penciled in to start this year. It's a shame that he couldn't make it work in Charlottesville for longer, he was an absolute monster. Regardless of what you may have heard, he is a good kid, but he ran into some problems that I will not go into detail on.

We're looking for some added depth for our linebackers this year and have a list of some redshirt freshman who appear ready to explode onto the scene.

Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I love our LB's! Seriously, I truely believe we should be labeled as a Linebacker Unversity, not a Reciever U. Our LB's are always good. Even when we were going 2-10, What guys were trying to lead the rest of our defense. Tyler Gottschalk, Randy Tscharner, Guy Tuell. In the 90's we had Jim Talch and Brian Brown.
In the 80's we had Galand Thaxton who finished his career 33 tackles shy of 500 tackles. We also had John Salley, and Mike Shenbeck in the 80's. In the 70's we were led by Ken Fantetti.
All these guy ended their careers with 300+ tackles.
Right now we have a potential great in Ward Dobbs. And great LB's in Jeurgens, Prater, Claffey, Chase, and Haugen. Weston Johnson is a monster for a SO. If he does well this year he will make a name for himself.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Still don't think your 'backers are as good as ours even if they are as solid as you say they are.

Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Well of course you wouldn't. Did you even need to state that. You probably think your Wiseouts are better too. Or your Running backs.