Wyoming vs Virginia Smack

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Actual football talk goes in the football forum, this thread is for smack and smack alone. Let it rip fans!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

haha... nice! Good initiative, J-Rod! :)
ImageImageImageImage
UVABy20
Buckaroo

UVA by 20
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

How many are you guys bringing to the game? Travel well?
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo
Buckaroo

UVABy20 wrote:UVA by 20
Why stop there? Add another digit.
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

UW by 10. Everything Spindoctor and Irish Hokie said before the thread was locked (that really cracks me up, btw) is completely true. Nice work Irish! If the UW fan who is pissing everyone off in Virgina is reading this...I'll buy you a beer if you're in Laramie, keep up the good work.

As for the whole smack talking bit...I'm just going to point out a few things, let the UVABy20 respond by quoting everything I write and continue to dig himself into a hole.

How many games did you guys win on the road last season? 1. Yes, you destroyed Duke 37-0...congrats, you guys dominate a program that admits they put as much effort into football as they do in defending their LAX players. You guys are well on your way to getting a bowl win! Luckily you're in the ACC and get to sniff a bowl game for having a record over .500. Out in the Mountain West we have to earn our shots, not just show up and get a handout for being mediocre.

Spindoctor, I've noticed that you're a Minnesota fan. UVA beat Minnesota last year in a bowl game...what is your evaluation of Minnesota football last season? Honestly, did UVA beat a good UM team last season or a team that is on an upswing?

Being such a football guru, UVABy20, you probably took the altitude up here into account. Look it up, it is harder to win up here. If the weather keeps up the heat and altitude is going to wipe you guys out...and unless you're forcing a lot of 3 and outs that world class defense of yours is going to get VERY tired, VERY fast. That won't happen, hell, that can't even enter your mind...too much crap must be in your ears.

Your biggest win last season, outside of the manly domination you put you Duke, was North Carolina then Miami. Looking at the scores, trends and stats from the games there are a few things that are fairly obvious. Your defense is good at taking advantage of really, REALLY crappy offenses. Yes, Miami was horrible last year. Yes they would probably beat us...feel free to argue the hypothetical. It's going to be sweet to see UNC dominate you guys this year. Butch Davis poop a better scheme then Al Groh could ever think of.

So my prediction, UW 24 - UVA 14. I'll give your defense some props but after looking into it giving up around 300 yards a game and forcing 10 INTs, 3 of them came against Duke. On offense you guys put up 300 yards or more three times. Duke, Maryland and North Carolina. You only won two of the games...guess who you lost to. The team that put up a little over 300 on your mythical D while your offense put up over 400. So...what does that say, even when your offense is clicking?

You're not even close to being the best defense in your conference and your stats are inflated by blowing out Duke and North Carolina. Your best offensive games came against teams that gave up 350+ on average PER GAME!

Have fun out here in Laramie, it's going to be a good game. The defense is good but it's not as good as you guys are blowing it up to be. It should be a really good game!
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Oops, the UM/UVA game was 2 years ago. Honest mistake :-)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

If memory serves correct, Minnesota beat North Dakota State (1-AA) on a missed last shot field goal.

Then again, the Bison f'ing rule.
ImageImageImageImage
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:If memory serves correct, Minnesota beat North Dakota State (1-AA) on a missed last shot field goal.

Then again, the Bison f'ing rule.
You think I don't realize that the Gophers blew nuts last year?

In restrospect, it would have been better had they made that field goal, then we wouldn't of had the monumental collapse in the Insight.com Bowl against Texas Tech. Nothing like blowing a 24 point lead with 15 min to play, only to lose in OT.

Now, back to the topic at hand, I put Minnesota and Virginia in the same boat as far as teams go. They play in top conferences (BIG 10 vs. ACC), schedule cream-puffs in the non-conference schedule (NDSU and Florida Atlantic vs. Middle Tennessee St. and Connecticut), then get fat off of non-football schools (Northwestern, Illinois, and Indiana vs. Duke, North Carolina and Maryland) and squeak into a bowl game at 6-6 or 7-5. There is nothing "cool" about getting the 7th bowl bid from your conference, it just means that you suck against good schools and get more money cause your league commissioner has more power than say the SWAC, Sun Belt, or any other smaller conference. Have fun fighting your way to a winning record and your berth in the Humanitarian Bowl (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6871352) or Meineke Car Care Bowl!

According to every Virginia fan on here, Wyoming has nothing to lose in this game, since they are supposed to get stomped. That being said, Wyoming will play that "disrespect" card all the way to the bank and pull-off the "upset of the century" for all those Virginia fans, while just showing the Pokes fans that their guys can play with anybody. When the dust clears from Jonah Field at War Memorial Staduim (waayyy too long of a name), the Pokes will be victorious, in a hard-fought game, 20-10.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

UW2007 wrote:UW by 10. Everything Spindoctor and Irish Hokie said before the thread was locked (that really cracks me up, btw) is completely true. Nice work Irish! If the UW fan who is pissing everyone off in Virgina is reading this...I'll buy you a beer if you're in Laramie, keep up the good work.

As for the whole smack talking bit...I'm just going to point out a few things, let the UVABy20 respond by quoting everything I write and continue to dig himself into a hole.

How many games did you guys win on the road last season? 1. Yes, you destroyed Duke 37-0...congrats, you guys dominate a program that admits they put as much effort into football as they do in defending their LAX players. You guys are well on your way to getting a bowl win! Luckily you're in the ACC and get to sniff a bowl game for having a record over .500. Out in the Mountain West we have to earn our shots, not just show up and get a handout for being mediocre.

Spindoctor, I've noticed that you're a Minnesota fan. UVA beat Minnesota last year in a bowl game...what is your evaluation of Minnesota football last season? Honestly, did UVA beat a good UM team last season or a team that is on an upswing?

Being such a football guru, UVABy20, you probably took the altitude up here into account. Look it up, it is harder to win up here. If the weather keeps up the heat and altitude is going to wipe you guys out...and unless you're forcing a lot of 3 and outs that world class defense of yours is going to get VERY tired, VERY fast. That won't happen, hell, that can't even enter your mind...too much crap must be in your ears.

Your biggest win last season, outside of the manly domination you put you Duke, was North Carolina then Miami. Looking at the scores, trends and stats from the games there are a few things that are fairly obvious. Your defense is good at taking advantage of really, REALLY crappy offenses. Yes, Miami was horrible last year. Yes they would probably beat us...feel free to argue the hypothetical. It's going to be sweet to see UNC dominate you guys this year. Butch Davis poop a better scheme then Al Groh could ever think of.

So my prediction, UW 24 - UVA 14. I'll give your defense some props but after looking into it giving up around 300 yards a game and forcing 10 INTs, 3 of them came against Duke. On offense you guys put up 300 yards or more three times. Duke, Maryland and North Carolina. You only won two of the games...guess who you lost to. The team that put up a little over 300 on your mythical D while your offense put up over 400. So...what does that say, even when your offense is clicking?

You're not even close to being the best defense in your conference and your stats are inflated by blowing out Duke and North Carolina. Your best offensive games came against teams that gave up 350+ on average PER GAME!

Have fun out here in Laramie, it's going to be a good game. The defense is good but it's not as good as you guys are blowing it up to be. It should be a really good game!
Your defense is good at taking advantage of really, REALLY crappy offenses.
Good. So we'll beat you.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

4 days to think of that barn burner? Not even a peep about those games about Duke and NC??

On a side note...why do you UVA fans feel the need to quote everything? You guys get confused looking at all the messages or something?
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Not getting a bowl win? How about you look up Virginia's record in the past 5 or 6 years in bowls. Last year was an exception, just as it was for you. Once things get back to normal, Virginia will once again be winning bowls and Wyoming will get back to well... being Wyoming.

What would you like us to do against NC and Duke? Not beat them easily? North Carolina would have beaten you last year. You refer back to those games but somehow miss that we also shut down NC State and Miami.

We absolutely GAVE you that game last year, and you couldn't even take it. You couldn't beat us on our worst day, and you won't beat us this year if we play anywhere near decent.

We quote things so you won't forget, or try to deny that you said them.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:Not getting a bowl win? How about you look up Virginia's record in the past 5 or 6 years in bowls. Last year was an exception, just as it was for you. Once things get back to normal, Virginia will once again be winning bowls and Wyoming will get back to well... being Wyoming.

What would you like us to do against NC and Duke? Not beat them easily? North Carolina would have beaten you last year. You refer back to those games but somehow miss that we also shut down NC State and Miami.

We absolutely GAVE you that game last year, and you couldn't even take it. You couldn't beat us on our worst day, and you won't beat us this year if we play anywhere near decent.

We quote things so you won't forget, or try to deny that you said them.
Wasn't NC State 3-8 last year?
ImageImageImageImage
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Here are a couple of numbers I found out about last season for each Wyoming and Virginia. I'll make a couple of observations, but the rest of you can argue however you feel for these, but numbers don't lie!

UVA:
Record: 5-7
Average differential in victories: +15.6 (includes a 37 pt win against Duke)
Average differential in losses: -15.9 (includes 33 pt loss to FSU)
Winning Percentage of Teams defeated (minus the games in question): .339 {19-37}
Winning Percentage of Teams lost to (minus games in question): .583 {49-35}
Pt. Differential against 2 best opponents (based on record): -19 (vs. Virginia Tech (10-3) and vs. Maryland (9-4))
Pt. Differential against 2 worst opponents (based on record): +60 (vs. Duke (0-12) and N.C. State (3-9))
Record against Bowl Teams: 1-6 (differential = -76)

UW:
Record: 6-6
Average differential in victories: +14.3 (includes 31 pt win over Utah St)
Average differential in losses: -15.3 (includes 48 pt loss to BYU)
Winning Percentage of Teams defeated (minus the games in question): .352 {24-44}
Winning Percentage of Teams lost to (minus the games in question): .609 {42-27}
Pt. Differential against 2 best opponents (based on record): -55 (vs. Boise State (13-0) and BYU (11-2))
Pt. Differential against 2 worst opponents (based on record): +39 (vs. Utah State (1-11) and UNLV (2-10))
Record against Bowl Teams: 2-3 (differential = -58)

Comments:
Virginia - you guys beat everybody you should have, and nobody you shouldn't have. You only beat one team with a winning record, while not losing a game to a team with a losing record.
Wyoming - You fared better against bowl teams than UVA, including giving Boise State one of their hardest fought victories all season.

Hopefully this will at least slow down (or maybe even stop) the "We GAVE you the game" crap I keep hearing from you UVA folks since the rest of your season wasn't any better than what Wyoming accomplished. I was actually surprised that Wyoming played tougher competition (according to end of season records) than UVA, with Virginia playing in a BCS Power conference.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

nicely done
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Weirdly, Wyoming's best opponents were better than UVAs best opponents. Wyoming's best (TCU, Boise St., and BYU) all had better records than anyone in the ACC (Wake Forest, Boston College, Va Tech being the best) or anyone on UVAs schedule. Virginia skipped having to play Wake and Boston college last year. The winning percentage for the MWC was 49% (55-57). The winning percentage for the ACC was 52% (78-72). However, UVAs division (ACC-Coastal) had a winning percentage of 44% (34-42). The ACC had one team with 0 wins, the MWC did not have any teams with 0 wins. The conferences were very close in terms of strength. So I don't really see where this whole, "We're the ACC, we're so much better than you" garbage comes into play. And a little off topic, the WAC had an even record at 57-57. So poor lil' ol' us out here in the West really aren't that bad.
ImageImageImageImage
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist and Spindoctor...no point in bringing up stats to these guys because they will only think "ACC > MWC" which in many cases is true.

I kinda wish you guys lost to Duke and NC...that would be really funny. I guess if you guys lost to them we wouldn't be having this conversation. Then again we could discuss how mighty you guys are in shutting down a seriously sub-par Miami team and a NC State team that wasn't all that good. Why would you brag about that?

Miami GAVE you guys the game and you barely took it! There's no way you guys will beat them this year if they play decently.

You're right about us choking away a victory on your turf though, damn shame our kicker cost us the game. All of us UW fans are happy to hear a UVA fan acknowledge that you guys got lucky, nothing more and nothing less.

As for quoting...since this amuses me...if the message board keeps the messages around then wouldn't that be proof enough of what we said? I'm starting to wonder if you guys have a hard time remembering what you're trying to argue. It shouldn't be too hard, it's not like you guys have used any stats or figures...or an argument outside of, "UVA ROOLS!!!"
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

It's my beliefe that a bad call GAVE virginia the game last year. Seldon scored, no fumble. end of story
UVABy20
Buckaroo

Miami GAVE us the game...and we barely took it.....never have more idiotic words been spoken....well except any other time you Wyo idiots open your mouths....we dominated Miami in ever facet of the game from open to close. How is going up 17-0 and allowing a late game TD for a 17-7 win barely taking it? Is reality in any way a requirement for the trash that spews out of your uninformed minds?

I love how excited you guys are about a close loss last year. It just further illustrates how pitiful and starved for anything resembling success you guys are. Maybe the reason so many teams back out of games with you is because you are complete and utter jackasses who have no idea how to communicate with the rest of the world after being trapped in Wyoming for so long.

Oh well...one more week and this nonsense can be over. UVA by 20
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

I'm still waiting for any of you to bring up ANY type of evidence to prove us wrong.

Don't worry, you can quote me on that!