End of the Okie Blanchard Stadium Era

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

didn't go to school here in Cheyenne, but have attended a few games and events here and it was getting "dated" but it's always a sad day when something that was an icon in a town goes away, but from the look of things the new stadium is truly needed. Just thanx for all the events and memories that the Blanch held for the City of Cheyenne!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

stymeman wrote:didn't go to school here in Cheyenne, but have attended a few games and events here and it was getting "dated" but it's always a sad day when something that was an icon in a town goes away, but from the look of things the new stadium is truly needed. Just thanx for all the events and memories that the Blanch held for the City of Cheyenne!!!!
Please explain. Central has their own, as does South - is East building a new facility?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote:
stymeman wrote:didn't go to school here in Cheyenne, but have attended a few games and events here and it was getting "dated" but it's always a sad day when something that was an icon in a town goes away, but from the look of things the new stadium is truly needed. Just thanx for all the events and memories that the Blanch held for the City of Cheyenne!!!!
Please explain. Central has their own, as does South - is East building a new facility?
Okie was falling apart, so they are building a new stadium. Then they are building a new junior high (Carey unless it's renamed), right next to the new stadium and East high.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

I would agree, it's tough seeing Okie leave, but like us all there is a time. I saw my first game there in the fall of 1970 (I think!) and played there several times in the late '70s. At that time it was a nice field and (seemed like) a large stadium. However the locker rooms for the visiting team were a bit small.