Our National Anthem

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This is a quote:

From a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan

"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts. Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten - straight up, no styling.

"Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification. Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love - not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from your costume, makeup and your entourage.

Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America, not you. And please remember, not everything has to be sung as a Negro spiritual. We're getting a little weary of that.

Francis Scott Key does not need any help."

These are my feelings too!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I almost puked when I heard Lady Gaga's version she sang...So disrespectful
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Does anyone remember when Rosanne Barr sang the national anthem prior to a San Diego Padres baseball game in early 1990s? Now that was HORRIBLE!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I HATE when singers bring out some extra flare. To me it ruins it. I agree with the Marine Colonel.
Just sing the f-word song, the way it is supposed to be. Save your BS for your own songs. Don't ruin it.
All these singers who do put their own flare on it, think it will be well received but the only people that like it are other singers and mindless idiots who would cheer for the singer whether they sang the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, or the National Anthem.
It pisses me off.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Isn't lady gaga British?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote:Isn't lady gaga British?
Yep!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Isn't lady gaga poop crazy?
Fixed.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

No Brit should ever be singing our anthem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
W-Y, Until I Die!
69er
Ranch Hand

She's NYC born. She's American.