Laramie High Should drop Football

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
wyoming fishing
Buckaroo

Laramie high should drop football, they are such a terrible team every year, they don't belong on the field with Gillette, Natrona, sheridan. When they play those teams, the game are over at halftime, most of the time it's a running clock, because the game's are so far out of hand. Laramie has loss to Cheyenne Central 14 straight time over a the last 13 years. The only team that Laramie can beat in 4a football is Cheyenne south, but cheyenne south has played highschool football for two years. Laramie would be bad, at football if they played 3a football. They have not, had a winning season in football in over a decade. Laramie can be down by 50, but David settle will be screaming, and yelling if Laramie gets lucky to get a first down, I guess you can say he has no clue. Get use to it David Settle, Laramie will never be any good, to bad they can't put girls on the team maybe they would hit harder. :rofl:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

you sure are a sunshine pumper! seriously, you must be a miserable f-word dude to be around.
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

if it weren't fo0r tom burman selling season tix at a discount the plainsmen would be perennial state contenders

it's all burman's fault
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyoming fishing wrote:Laramie high should drop football, they are such a terrible team every year, they don't belong on the field with Gillette, Natrona, sheridan. When they play those teams, the game are over at halftime, most of the time it's a running clock, because the game's are so far out of hand. Laramie has loss to Cheyenne Central 14 straight time over a the last 13 years. The only team that Laramie can beat in 4a football is Cheyenne south, but cheyenne south has played highschool football for two years. Laramie would be bad, at football if they played 3a football. They have not, had a winning season in football in over a decade. Laramie can be down by 50, but David settle will be screaming, and yelling if Laramie gets lucky to get a first down, I guess you can say he has no clue. Get use to it David Settle, Laramie will never be any good, to bad they can't put girls on the team maybe they would hit harder. :rofl:

Hahaha...I have no idea who David Settle is but this is way funny lol.
In highschool (evanston) we always loved getting to play Laramie. Laramie blows at football.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

wyoming fishing wrote:Laramie high should drop football, they are such a terrible team every year, they don't belong on the field with Gillette, Natrona, sheridan. When they play those teams, the game are over at halftime, most of the time it's a running clock, because the game's are so far out of hand. Laramie has loss to Cheyenne Central 14 straight time over a the last 13 years. The only team that Laramie can beat in 4a football is Cheyenne south, but cheyenne south has played highschool football for two years. Laramie would be bad, at football if they played 3a football. They have not, had a winning season in football in over a decade. Laramie can be down by 50, but David settle will be screaming, and yelling if Laramie gets lucky to get a first down, I guess you can say he has no clue. Get use to it David Settle, Laramie will never be any good, to bad they can't put girls on the team maybe they would hit harder. :rofl:
Any theories as to why they are so bad all the time? I'm just curious.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

As a LHS graduate I can agree that they are terrible. My freshman year was the last time they were good. They have had zero coaching. The new coach is horrendous, he played his son way too much at QB, and won't let underclassmen on the sidelines. It is all Seniors and Juniors. Burman's son actually has a live arm, but was regulated to the bench. I saw them play against Natrona this year when I was in town, and the coaches son threw 4 picks that were thrown right at defenders. Laramie kids are getting extremely soft, and a coach that doesn't have competition with underclassmen competing. It would be like Brett Smith coming to town and having to ride the pine for 2 years so DC's son could start since he is an upperclassman. Pathetic.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Vapoke wrote:As a LHS graduate I can agree that they are terrible. My freshman year was the last time they were good. They have had zero coaching. The new coach is horrendous, he played his son way too much at QB, and won't let underclassmen on the sidelines. It is all Seniors and Juniors. Burman's son actually has a live arm, but was regulated to the bench. I saw them play against Natrona this year when I was in town, and the coaches son threw 4 picks that were thrown right at defenders. Laramie kids are getting extremely soft, and a coach that doesn't have competition with underclassmen competing. It would be like Brett Smith coming to town and having to ride the pine for 2 years so DC's son could start since he is an upperclassman. Pathetic.
Went through 2 coaches while I was there. Made it to the 1st roud of the state playoffs, lost, and that was their height while I was there.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Rock Springs blows too. Sounds like similar issues here as well. Kids playing are based of name on back of jersey and not how good they are.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Rock Springs blows too. Sounds like similar issues here as well. Kids playing are based of name on back of jersey and not how good they are.
That's how it is in Evanston as well. Except Evanston is at least a little bit competitive usualy with a really good year every so often.

But isn't that how a lot of teams throughout all of football are? With the exception of the NFL where the head coach gets fired for not playing the best people?

A kid I know that is red shirting told me the moment Coach C was suspended, coach Kagilis was playing the better players not just the kids from the NW.
Not sure how much truth there is into that, but at the same time, it sounds like every where you go a fan or player will be saying the coach is not playing the right people.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Quarterbackgr
Buckaroo

http://wyopreps.townsquaredigital.com/w ... t_2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Blame soccer. Pussy assed sport where everyone gets a ribbon and a juice box.

Laramie football and it's UW-like decade has largely to do with...drumroll...Sorenson (EDIT: AND) the AD. Amazing coincidences? Sure.

Meant to say Him & his AD's (plural).
Last edited by McPeachy on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote:Blame soccer. Pussy assed sport where everyone gets a ribbon and a juice box.

Laramie football and it's UW-like decade has largely to do with...drumroll...Sorenson the AD. Amazing coincidences? Sure.
Ah, Kimberly Sorenson (kid you not, that is HIS first name), if you were not white, Christian, and an athlete, he didn't really give a f-word about you.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

So, I understand LHS let their new HC already go (after 1 season)?

They are already operating w/out a AD...
Dear Karma,

jarhead
Ranch Hand

Somebody help me out here.....what happened to the rich football tradition that Coach Deti established in Laramie. You can't tell me that there isn't quality kids who want to play in the home of the Cowboys? Someone please let me know what's up. Surely it can't all be on the Principal and AD. Somewhere there had to be a shift in thinking......... #baffled
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

jarhead wrote:Somebody help me out here.....what happened to the rich football tradition that Coach Deti established in Laramie. You can't tell me that there isn't quality kids who want to play in the home of the Cowboys? Someone please let me know what's up. Surely it can't all be on the Principal and AD. Somewhere there had to be a shift in thinking......... #baffled
Did a little digging. Apparantly, it did in fact all start with the current Principal (Sorenson). And a few AD's that were in his court (no pun). Oh, and a group of 5 coaches the last 10+ years, that coached thier style, instead of to the talent on hand.

I am not sure Laramie will ever compete at the highest level in Wyoming (football) with the current way of thinking of the leadership that is in place, and the lack of community concern.
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Yeah, Sorenson is bastard through and through. Anyone that has been to LHS since he's been there will tell you that. Except maybe his daughter, who is actually a pretty nice person, but Sorenson himself, yeah. Not the most liked person, truth be told.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Syverson is on his way. The thing that worries me is the Sorenson Connection here. Syverson was in Thermopolis and so was Kim years ago, although not together! Syverson was good in Thermop but in large part because he had his own kids playing for him which were studs!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:Syverson is on his way. The thing that worries me is the Sorenson Connection here. Syverson was in Thermopolis and so was Kim years ago, although not together! Syverson was good in Thermop but in large part because he had his own kids playing for him which were studs!
My thoughts:

At the 2A (or similar) level, you can be successful, if you have those 1 or 2 speedy athletes using today's system(s). Not so at 4A (or similar). I hate to say it, but I don't think this guy has a chance. By the time anyone realizes what I just said, LHS will probably be on the search again.

Unless Syverson has the insight to install a program that fits the players, (ala Deti) LHS will continue to be the dumpster fire of Wyoming HS football.
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I really think that it is the way kids are brought up through school. Getting the right guys for the job when you are teaching them how to play is the most important thing.
The coaches have to be guys that the kids want to play for. Enough of hiring people who are only hired because he goes to the same church as you and you have been friends forever. Too many coaches play favorites and that really f-word up kids mentality when they are not one of the favorites. Not trying to sound all pussy-footed but name one kid that is going to stick with a sport being an outcast or singled out for years and years? Evanston is FULL of talented athletes, that DESPISED the coaches because they have the ego of Coach Christensen or bigger and treat 15-18 year old kids like they are poop. So they quit playing. I can't even count the number of talented kids that turned away from high school sports because of conflicts with coaches.
And on top of that, a lot of kids think it is cooler to be a 1 sport athlete then smoke pot and drink the rest of the school year.

I don't know what it is like at LHS, but I do know that when I go play baseball at some of the baseball fields I see punk ass 10-18 year old kids at the Skate Park. Sometimes my GF and I get called fags by teenagers for playing baseball...
Umm to me that shows that something is f-word up here.
I don't have a kid but I think parenting involves more than just letting your kid run rampant and hanging out with losers, and never getting them involved in sports.

I would really love to be in a position where I could get kids involved in sports. And make it more than just a 2 hour per week baby sitting program.
Maybe I could coach flag football or basketball or baseball or something for kids...
Anyways rant done.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:I really think that it is the way kids are brought up through school. Getting the right guys for the job when you are teaching them how to play is the most important thing.
The coaches have to be guys that the kids want to play for. Enough of hiring people who are only hired because he goes to the same church as you and you have been friends forever. Too many coaches play favorites and that really f-word up kids mentality when they are not one of the favorites. Not trying to sound all pussy-footed but name one kid that is going to stick with a sport being an outcast or singled out for years and years? Evanston is FULL of talented athletes, that DESPISED the coaches because they have the ego of Coach Christensen or bigger and treat 15-18 year old kids like they are poop. So they quit playing. I can't even count the number of talented kids that turned away from high school sports because of conflicts with coaches.
And on top of that, a lot of kids think it is cooler to be a 1 sport athlete then smoke pot and drink the rest of the school year.

I don't know what it is like at LHS, but I do know that when I go play baseball at some of the baseball fields I see punk ass 10-18 year old kids at the Skate Park. Sometimes my GF and I get called fags by teenagers for playing baseball...
Umm to me that shows that something is f-word up here.
I don't have a kid but I think parenting involves more than just letting your kid run rampant and hanging out with losers, and never getting them involved in sports.

I would really love to be in a position where I could get kids involved in sports. And make it more than just a 2 hour per week baby sitting program.
Maybe I could coach flag football or basketball or baseball or something for kids...
Anyways rant done.
LHS does have cliques (can't really speak for other schools). The goths, the jocks, the coboys, the Mexicans, the ones who smoke pot/drink alot... The seperation isn't as bad as other places, where cliques stick only to eachother (myself, I didn't really belong to any one clique but had friends in several different ones), but they are there. My guess is, it was probably one of the troublemaker cliques. Loud, rude, crude, and often lewd, shouting "Fags!" is certainly not beneath them. Considering it would not be a surprise to hear if these kids were arrested or sprayed shaving cream all over the men's locker room...

Yeah, 3 friends of mine did that in high school. One was put into Out of School Suspension for the rest of the year, one in ISS the rest of the year, and the 3rd in ISS for a week (he was there, but didn't actually do anything).