Laramie High Should drop Football

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Evanston definitely had cliques like that.
And like you I was friends with a lot of them.
Hell I did marching band in high school and had "band geek" friends. I had "jock" friends, then as I started partying in my final years, I had "party" friends.

I am sure that is the way it is in almost every high school in Wyoming.

But what bugs me, is the people running poop.
We had a teacher who was a HORRIBLE teacher, and we literally watched football game film in his class, no joke.
Political science class, and we watched the opponents of who Evanston was playing that Friday.
I had been in detention for skipping class all throughout high school, but once he found out I did sports, and he saw me in detention, he gave me some bull poop lecture about "how athletes, we live to a different standard and we are better than that".
The whole time I was like REALLY dude? I've been doin sports forever, you now realize I do it, and think I am part of some elitist jock club with all the other kids? Never cared about me before he found out I did sports. You are a teacher and ONLY care about the jocks.
Whatever though nothing I can do about it now. And people like that will probably always be in the schools.
Instead of teaching what it is like to be a student and an athlete, they teach kids how to be tools for life.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Slow Hand wrote:Syverson is on his way. The thing that worries me is the Sorenson Connection here. Syverson was in Thermopolis and so was Kim years ago, although not together! Syverson was good in Thermop but in large part because he had his own kids playing for him which were studs!
Guess who is going to be the DC? Interesting stuff!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Ha.. wow, small world. Kim Sorensen was one of my teachers in elementary school in Thermopolis. His wife was a teacher in the elementary school as well. Guy was a huge prick back then, I don't remember many people being terribly fond of him.. kids really liked his wife though. I think back then he taught computers or something.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

MrTitleist wrote:Ha.. wow, small world. Kim Sorensen was one of my teachers in elementary school in Thermopolis. His wife was a teacher in the elementary school as well. Guy was a huge prick back then, I don't remember many people being terribly fond of him.. kids really liked his wife though. I think back then he taught computers or something.
So you must know why he "left" Thermopolis then, right? LOL! :lol:

Why is it in the education "world" that if a teacher resigns and moves on they have a clean slate & fresh start? ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Ha.. wow, small world. Kim Sorensen was one of my teachers in elementary school in Thermopolis. His wife was a teacher in the elementary school as well. Guy was a huge prick back then, I don't remember many people being terribly fond of him.. kids really liked his wife though. I think back then he taught computers or something.
Still not liked, at least not when I was there.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote:
So you must know why he "left" Thermopolis then, right? LOL! :lol:

Why is it in the education "world" that if a teacher resigns and moves on they have a clean slate & fresh start? ;)
I actually don't know why.. we moved from Thermopolis to Worland when I was 12, pretty much lost all contact of what was going on over there after that.
ImageImageImageImage
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:I am sure that is the way it is in almost every high school in Wyoming.
More accurate statement: "That is the way it is in every high school."