Cheyenne South is a joke, not only do they steal the mascot

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

from the Buffalo Bison, they took the same exact colors as well. If anyone is associated with Cheyenne South could you please explain to me why you just plagerized Buffalo?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I was wondering the same thing actually. :ears?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I thought they just copied the CU Buffs, maybe you both need to explain why you copied them. :) Even so, it is kind of lame to pick a combination that is already in use in Wyoming high school.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

HMMM. Cheyenne South. Stealing... HMMM South stealing.... Anybody ever been on the South side of Cheyenne? And you would be surprised because....
klathrop
Buckaroo

sure and there are no other schools in the state that have the same colors........does wheatland suck becasue they use the same colors as sheridan or shoshoni, or how about casper natrona, rock springs and burns all using black and orange....is there only one school that uses red as their primary color, or green. soth being thrown to the wolves by the whsaa this season let them absorb thier 62-0 ass kickings all season, and save the south bashing until they have a senior on their team
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

klathrop wrote:sure and there are no other schools in the state that have the same colors........does wheatland suck becasue they use the same colors as sheridan or shoshoni, or how about casper natrona, rock springs and burns all using black and orange....is there only one school that uses red as their primary color, or green. soth being thrown to the wolves by the whsaa this season let them absorb thier 62-0 ass kickings all season, and save the south bashing until they have a senior on their team
not ALL season...they do play KW, right?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

When you go around various areas, especially down south, every other highschool is the "tigers" and they all wear black and orange, or the "bulldogs" and wear blue. Who cares. South and Buffalo arent in the same class so why should it matter?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

cheypoke wrote:When you go around various areas, especially down south, every other highschool is the "tigers" and they all wear black and orange, or the "bulldogs" and wear blue. Who cares. South and Buffalo arent in the same class so why should it matter?
Either way, the Plainsmen have sucked for years. :(
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Stealing the same mascot as an in-state school.....kind of okay.
Stealing the same colors as an in-state school.....perfectly fine on it's own.

Stealing the same MASCOT and COLORS as an in state school.....fire that idiot.

It won't matter anyway because Buffalo is known as the Bison....that win at pretty much everything in a classification we barely make the cut for. South is going to be known as the red-headed step children and it will be years before they break .500 at anything.

I hope they schedule Buffalo at either basketball, football, or soccer so we can hammer their asses with an enrollment 1/4 the size of theirs.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Fullback41 wrote:I thought they just copied the CU Buffs, maybe you both need to explain why you copied them. :) Even so, it is kind of lame to pick a combination that is already in use in Wyoming high school.
Buffalo never wore powder blue....the Buffs did when Buffalo High became the Bison.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

If you suck bad enough, nobody wants to steal your mascot. Maybe that is their plan.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Fullback41 wrote:I thought they just copied the CU Buffs, maybe you both need to explain why you copied them. :) Even so, it is kind of lame to pick a combination that is already in use in Wyoming high school.
Buffalo never wore powder blue....the Buffs did when Buffalo High became the Bison.
Hey, dont ruin my post with facts. Good catch.

And yes it is only lame because it is the same mascot AND colors, obviously. Duh, colors will be duplicated and mascots will be duplicated, but no reason for both, I thought that was the whole point of the post.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
wylrae
Buckaroo

Oh come on guys; if something is (or maybe at sometime was) successful others will use it -- or maybe some tweeked form of it). Does Louis L'Amour's short story "Riding for the Brand" ring a bell? It is a nice short story that enjoyed some popularity in its day. Maybe the tweeked version "Ride for the Brand" will do something for the Pokes. I haven't been much of a football fan and have dediced it is time for me to just listen on the radio or watch on TV. I don't like attending night games and feel it cheapens a program when an athletic administration tries to entice fans into attending by offering freebees; I feel that the price of a ticket reflects the strength of a particular program (as you can see by the price on a ticket to the Nebraska game--a very strong program -- no freebees necessary. Frankly I think Burman has the mentality of settling for mediocre in performance and tries his darndest to distract from that through slogans and cosmetics. I had been an ardent Poke basketball fan and missed very few home men's basketball games over the last 25 to 30 years until last season when I gave up my season tickets and decided no more constant of the frustration -- in that case Burman instead of simply tweeking the existing program (Steve, you have to clean up your act on the academic side, or something similar) he decided to give his buddy the head coaching job and IMHO thereby ruined a pretty good program. (Wouldn't a head coach quitting to go back to be an assistant coach kind of ring a bell about that particular head coach's confidence in his ability to build a program from the bottom?

Oh well, maybe tweeking Louis L'Amour's "Riding for the Brand" will be successful; if not, maybe getting a couple more sets of uniforms so the Pokes can wear a different combination for every football game during the season will be successful.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

wyosteelerfan wrote:
klathrop wrote:sure and there are no other schools in the state that have the same colors........does wheatland suck becasue they use the same colors as sheridan or shoshoni, or how about casper natrona, rock springs and burns all using black and orange....is there only one school that uses red as their primary color, or green. soth being thrown to the wolves by the whsaa this season let them absorb thier 62-0 ass kickings all season, and save the south bashing until they have a senior on their team
HEY...I went to KW! Up until January of 1991 when my folks & I had to move to hell aka Oklahoma City!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
wyosteelerfan wrote:
HEY...I went to KW! Up until January of 1991 when my folks & I had to move to hell aka Oklahoma City!
KW sucks! The only thing they have that is kind of nice is their stadium. Where we still kicked there ass! Go Rock Springs!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyosteelerfan wrote:
KW sucks! The only thing they have that is kind of nice is their stadium. Where we still kicked there ass! Go Rock Springs!
I KNOW KW sucks but most of my closest friends attended that school. Whatever built that place screwed up big-time. Didn't help when some idoit construction worker in summer of 1989 accidently hit a wall and caused asbestoes to come out. Thus, causing a major mess and both high schools had to do half-days at NC for a year! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Not to be a thread nazi but shouldn't this be in the prep sports forum?

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyosteelerfan wrote:Not to be a thread nazi but shouldn't this be in the prep sports forum?
Just moved this thread to the prep forum. :D
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
wyosteelerfan wrote:
I KNOW KW sucks but most of my closest friends attended that school. Whatever built that place screwed up big-time. Didn't help when some idoit construction worker in summer of 1989 accidently hit a wall and caused asbestoes to come out. Thus, causing a major mess and both high schools had to do half-days at NC for a year! :roll:
Lol...my wife and I both graduated from Kelly Walsh. I mean no disrespect....but you have to admit their quality fb seasons are few and far between

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyosteelerfan wrote:Lol...my wife and I both graduated from Kelly Walsh. I mean no disrespect....but you have to admit their quality fb seasons are few and far between
None taken and I agree KW stinks in football but I do have nice memories there. Had I stayed in Casper longer, I would've graduated from there in 1992.