roozy
Ranch Hand

packerpoke

Cattle Baron
Post #4528
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
LHS losing Reply
56-0 Central is beating us. There should be a mercy rule for highschool football Going into the second half. There are some other high scores in High school football. Laramie High School needs a change right now.

Posted on 9/17 8:26 PM | IP: Logged

packerpoke

Cattle Baron
Post #4530
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: LHS losing Reply
They lost 56-7. Where is the mercey rule. They have one in baseball.
Quoted from the rivals site, if anyone who pays wants to take the answer back to packerpoke.

There is a mercy rule in Wyoming HS football. A 45 point lead after the first half results in a continuous running clock as follows. When the point spread drops below 45, then normal clocking is continued. That's part of the reason that 56-0 at half resulted in 56-7 final.

Here is the rule from the WHSAA Handbook

7.7.17 In any football contest a running clock shall be utilized when one team is 45 or more points ahead at the end of the first half. In all
classes, when a team is ahead at half time by 45 points or more, or becomes 45 points or more ahead in the second half, the clock
will not stop on:
1. Out of Bounds 2. Incomplete Passes
3. First Downs 4. Change of Possession (including touchbacks)

The clock will stop as required by rule on:
1. Time-outs 4. Scoring Plays
2. Penalties 5. P.A.T.s
3. Between Quarters 6. All other situations as per rule

If the point differential becomes less than 45 points, regular timing resumes. The clock will continue to be stopped on all other
situations as specified by National Federation Rule 3-4-4.

This use of the rule does not eliminate the use of National Federation Football Rule 3-1-3
Jesus First, then football
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

She has her head in her ass. LHS has been in 3 games this year, that the rule has impacted them. And it is probably a good thing, or they would have been beaten by 100 or more each game. Talk about suck.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:She has her head in her ass.
Some things never change. When I used to be on GWG years ago, she'd post drunker than a skunk!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:she'd post drunker than a skunk!!!!!!
Actually, she was sober, but just very...eh...nevermind. :?
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:
She was sober?! poop! Coulda fooled me and a bunch of others on that board.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
She was sober?! s##t! Coulda fooled me and a bunch of others on that board.
All about the edjumakashun.
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

When was the last time LHS had a winning season? And when I was going to school there, we had 2 different football coaches come in, one of whom happened to be a friend of mine's grandfather, though he moved away my senior year. But I do know that LHS had been sucking for at least 3-4 years prior to my going there.

B-ball and swimming do pretty well though.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:When was the last time LHS had a winning season? And when I was going to school there, we had 2 different football coaches come in, one of whom happened to be a friend of mine's grandfather, though he moved away my senior year. But I do know that LHS had been sucking for at least 3-4 years prior to my going there.
The late 90's, when Deti Jr. still had his head in the game.

You were there during the Waring experiment? Whoa.

Laramie will never compete again at 4A, until somebody there (or enough pissed off parents) realizes you have to devise your system, gameplan, and coaching style, based on your level of athletic ability, and talent. They should take a page from Deti Sr's book...and learn some history.

:brick:
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:When was the last time LHS had a winning season? And when I was going to school there, we had 2 different football coaches come in, one of whom happened to be a friend of mine's grandfather, though he moved away my senior year. But I do know that LHS had been sucking for at least 3-4 years prior to my going there.
The late 90's, when Deti Jr. still had his head in the game.

You were there during the Waring experiment? Whoa.

Laramie will never compete again at 4A, until somebody there (or enough pissed off parents) realizes you have to devise your system, gameplan, and coaching style, based on your level of athletic ability, and talent. They should take a page from Deti Sr's book...and learn some history.

:brick:
I know. And when we had "pep rallies" the cheerleaders would of course yell "Do we have spirit?" Know what the overwhelming reponse back was?

NO!

And last I heard Deti Jr. is a driving license class teacher at LHS. Also, a member of my church. So football has very little support because we've basically been SDSU over the last decade or so.