First Ever Rockies No-Hitter

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Ubaldo Jimenez threw a no-hitter game in Atlanta against the Braves tonight. I believe he was about at the 130 pitch count and was still throwing 97mph. Dexter Fowler saved the no-hitter in the 7th with a diving catch.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

W00000000ttt!!! :)
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Damn. Never liked baseball, and always hated the rockies. If only it had been the other way around.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WOW!

But then again, I really hate baseball. They need cheerleaders, a salary cap, shorten the season by at least 50 games, AND have interleague (AL vs. NL) almost every day and not just at certain times to get me to like the sport.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wyokie wrote:They need...a salary cap, shorten the season by at least 50 games...
Agree. I happen to love baseball, but the parity gap is ever increasing. I do not blame the Redsox or Yanks or Dodgers, etc., for this, but the low budget cheap ass teams that refuse to spend to compete. The affore mentioned teams actually spend money to make money (WOW WHAT A CONCEPT). And everyone else tries to cheap-ass thier way into the playoffs. Rediculous way to run something IMO.

A salary minimum, along with a cap, should definitely be in order. Cap it at 120 million, with a minimum of 80...or something like that. It would keep ticket prices down, and put a much better "game" on the field.

Also...the season is too damn long. 100 - 120 games would be plenty. Run the season mid-April until the end of August, giving more breaks between series, during the week, etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...