***Denver Broncos Thread***

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Well.......read that Kyle Orton was booed at practice yesterday, and for good reason too with all those picks. I get the feeling there will be a Colt McCoy/Sam Bradford-like draft pick in the near future for the Broncos.

Moreno needs to sign his contract already. He's good, but not good enough to delay a deal this long.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Nice! A Broncos thread!
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That was a dreadful opener! How can McDaniels claim that nobody should panic? Orton was on pace to throw 12 picks last night against the almighty 49ers. If things don't improve, this Denver team has 12+ loss potential.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

orton started off looking decent and managed the team well. he threw his first pic and that didnt look well. next series started moving the team again and then threw the next pic, and he just fell apart after that one.

i would like to see chris simms behind center with the 1st team offense. will that happen, not sure. he was reading the defense alright and making good throws, even though it was against the 2nd and 3rd defense of the niners.

i also thought the denver defense looked a lot better than last year. seemed tough against the run, even though gore wasnt running. its not hard to improve on the worst defense, but they looked good and got plenty of pressure on hill, smith, huard and davis.

side note, former poke Kyle Howard played in the 4th quarter for the niners. seems like he is 3rd team RG.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Definitely not a good start for Orton, and definitely not the one that Bronco fans were hoping for. I've been a big Chris Simms fan, I'd like to see him in at QB.. he's certainly got the pedigree. Orton's never impressed anyone in the NFL, a lot of hype though. Knowshon Moreno's injury doesn't appear serious, a good thing for the team.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Orton was better tonight.. but not much.
ImageImageImageImage