Colt Brennan...

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:7 points were off a Kick return and 14 were on the 3rd stringers late in the 4th.

As for Graunke. That was his best performance yet. His games prior were terrible.

This was one bad game, USU has zero class, their LBs were aiming for Brennan's hurt ankle all night. Our second team played most of the second half and still torched them. I wish the backups hadn't given up those late TDs though, it made the score look closer then the game actually was. Oh well.........we have SJSU this weekend and then we can go into our bye week undefeated

Plus, I believe it was raining there as well.
Correct. It was pouring.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

J-Rod wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:7 points were off a Kick return and 14 were on the 3rd stringers late in the 4th.

As for Graunke. That was his best performance yet. His games prior were terrible.

This was one bad game, USU has zero class, their LBs were aiming for Brennan's hurt ankle all night. Our second team played most of the second half and still torched them. I wish the backups hadn't given up those late TDs though, it made the score look closer then the game actually was. Oh well.........we have SJSU this weekend and then we can go into our bye week undefeated

Correct. It was pouring.
That affected the game a lot.

Not surprised Utah State had no class. They've played like that against us over the years. Thankfully, the 6-year contract with Utah State is done.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

wyopokesfan23 wrote:ok i decided brennan is purely a product of a system. the backup Tyler Graunke went 9 for 10, 246 yds and 3 TDs
Incorrect! He is not. Tyler has been struggling so far this season but finally got it going in this game. If you're saying you can just put anyone at QB in June Jones system and they'll put up great numbers and lead the team to a win, you're wrong. What you should say is if this system can make average QB's great and great QB's off the charts, June Jones should be praised for the kind of coach he is. Tyler has been in this system since Timmy Chang's senior year. He knows the offense inside and out and is one of the best backup QB's in the nation. He'll lead Hawaii to a great year in '08.
Hawaii's next game is @SJSU live on ESPN this Friday at 8 est. Colt still isn't 100% but he will still prove why he's the best player in the country. He'll put up yds and throw TD's but just take a loot at Colt's completion % and QB rating. Considering how much he throws and how high i completion % and QB rating is proves that he is great a QB.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:How did you give up 37 points to Utah State?
We rested our top defensive player who's an intrical part of our defense. He could have played but the coaches wanted to make sure he was ready for the national televised game this week. Also, like J-Rod said they got 7 pts off a KR for TD. Hawaii had the game won midway through the 3rd qtr (52-27) and JJ decided to call off the dogs after that. They got 10 easy pts in the 4th qtr against our backups. Hawaii could have won this game 70-27 but June Jones has too much class for that and would rather get the younger guys in the game and develop them for the future. Hawaii does not RUTS like Boise State does, that's for darn sure.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:

I was absolutely soaked after the game. :roll: Don't think it played too much of a role, though. Bottom line is the better team won the game. It was frustrating watching their players try to hurt Colt and what made the situation even worse was the refs just stood there and did nothing. :twisted:
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

The better team? You're Hawaii...the team that was going to be the BCS BUSTER this year. You were playing Utah State. 0-5. Your D really needs to pick it up this year. Your O is great, but Great teams aren't made by winning in barnburners. You need to put the game away with Def. It doesn't bode well when an 0-5 team puts up 37 on you.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:The better team? You're Hawaii...the team that was going to be the BCS BUSTER this year. You were playing Utah State. 0-5. Your D really needs to pick it up this year. Your O is great, but Great teams aren't made by winning in barnburners. You need to put the game away with Def. It doesn't bode well when an 0-5 team puts up 37 on you.
Here's some more numbers that really make a person think twice about how good Hawaii really is.

Average Sagarin ratings of your first 6 opponents (including 2 FCS teams) = 150.5
Total Record of your first 6 opponents = 2-22 (vs. FBS opponents) and 5-6 (vs FCS (or lower) opponents)

Average Sagarin ratings of your next 6 opponents = 70.5
Total Record of your next 6 opponents = 17-15

Its also interesting to see that there is only 1 team on your entire schedule that currently has a winning record (Boise St. at 4-1) and surprise, surprise, you get to play them at home this year. This could possibly be one of the weakest schedules I have ever seen for a FBS team. Your current strength of schedule is ranked 170th in the nation, which is funny, since there are only 120 FBS teams. This says that there are FIFTY FCS teams that have played harder schedules than yourself. If you don't go 11-1, you should be ashamed. And I don't want to hear any whining about "nobody will play us". You want to prove yourself to the big boys, go and play them at their place.

There is no way Hawaii makes a BCS bowl this year. My grandma could look like a heisman candidate in June Jones' system against the likes of Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern.

---The Hawaii bashing has now ended.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

I seem to have forgotten one thing in my previous post. THREE of Hawaii's victories this year have come against teams currently in ESPN's Bottom 10. How could I have forgotten such useful information!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... ottom10076
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Still don't know why this topic is in here, but I really don't care any more, I don't need to prove anything. I will let the men on the field talk for us.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

J-Rod wrote:Still don't know why this topic is in here, but I really don't care any more, I don't need to prove anything. I will let the men on the field talk for us.
How close is Brennan being back to full speed? I see he's still close to the top of the nation in passing yards.. the only stat anyone cares about. :)
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

He ran 100 yard sprints with the team yesterday. No limp and no grimace. Great signs!!! Only issue is opponents will continue to try and tackle him below the belt :( But thats just football........
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Moving over to general sports... since Hawaii isn't a MWC team (yet!).
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

MrTitleist wrote:Moving over to general sports... since Hawaii isn't a MWC team (yet!).
I have a gut feeling they will be a MWC team.....eventually.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!