Writing is on the wall....

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone else find it peculiar that Troy Tulowitzki was seen at a Yankees game earlier this week, "killing time and paying respect to Jeter" and the next day the Rockies call up their young stud muffin short stop....

Coincidence or is Tulo going to jump ship...
Hayduke
Cowpoke

He's off to Yankeeland. I wonder if he'll even finish out the season with the worst in the National League Rockies...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

He was in New York seeing a doctor about his latest injury. I believe the reports I read said he wasn't at either the Mets or Yankees game (both were in town). O'Dowd/Monforts all need to disappear though.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

He was actually in Philadelphia for treatment on his leg. New York was never meant to be part of the equation
Hayduke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote: O'Dowd/Monforts all need to disappear though.
I would love to see the Monforts sell. We need fresh blood to front that organization.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

As much as I love attending Rockies games - they are a poorly run sports franchise. The 15,000 misspelled "Tulowizki" jersey's given away on 6/26 was the icing on the cake for Troy. Enjoy NY!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:As much as I love attending Rockies games - they are a poorly run sports franchise. The 15,000 misspelled "Tulowizki" jersey's given away on 6/26 was the icing on the cake for Troy. Enjoy NY!
Yeah that's a hard one to explain to your highest paid player, your gold glove winning superstar, your annual MVP candidate. It makes you wonder why Tulo would want to stay in an organization like this
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:As much as I love attending Rockies games - they are a poorly run sports franchise. The 15,000 misspelled "Tulowizki" jersey's given away on 6/26 was the icing on the cake for Troy. Enjoy NY!
Yeah that's a hard one to explain to your highest paid player, your gold glove winning superstar, your annual MVP candidate. It makes you wonder why Tulo would want to stay in an organization like this
The Rockies sure don't appear to be fighting for what could be the next "face" of their organization. Reality is, Blackmon won't be there much longer either, and Cargo is like a china doll. Tulo could have been the next "Helton" for the club - and they blew it (and are blowing it).
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
The Rockies sure don't appear to be fighting for what could be the next "face" of their organization. Reality is, Blackmon won't be there much longer either, and Cargo is like a china doll. Tulo could have been the next "Helton" for the club - and they blew it (and are blowing it).
No doubt. I see Blackmon, Dickerson, and Rosario to be gone soon. I like Cargo but would not mind him leaving as he never is healthy anymore. He seems to only be hurting the team. Cuddy won't be back next year either.

I really wish the ownership team would be gone next year. Thats the really problem, not the players, the monforts are destroying the team
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I didn't realize you guys were Rockies fans...I could talk baseball even more than I can Pokes sports.

The Monforts employing Dan O'Dowd after 2 playoff appearances in 15 seasons is absurd.
O'Dowd is easily the worst GM in all sports. But the owner is the one who needs to fire him.

Since Kelli McGregor died the Rockies have been in free fall.

Monfort needs to hire a team president who can fire O'Dowd, and get the Rockies on track.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 33 times

Getting housed by the Cubs, then getting slapped across the face by the D-Backs has been a real treat this week so far. This team literally cannot get any worse.
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

I really wish you could fire owners or make the league take the team over or something like that. Having said that, if O'Dowd is still the GM at the end of this calendar year then he must have some sweet dirt on the Monforts, because he is 1-2 years past his expiration date.

I really feel bad for Walt Weiss in all this, I think he has the potential to be a good manager, but may have been brought up a little too hastily. Plus he can only do so much with what he is given.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:I really wish you could fire owners or make the league take the team over or something like that. Having said that, if O'Dowd is still the GM at the end of this calendar year then he must have some sweet dirt on the Monforts, because he is 1-2 years past his expiration date.

I really feel bad for Walt Weiss in all this, I think he has the potential to be a good manager, but may have been brought up a little too hastily. Plus he can only do so much with what he is given.
Dallas Cowboy fans would kill for that hope!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

And cargo is on DL
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:And cargo is on DL
China. Doll.

I don't know what it is, but he sure breaks easy. Probably smarter than all of us, and looking for a way out of Colorado...
Dear Karma,

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

If he really wants out, he needs to play through the pain so that he has some trade value. As it is now, no team would touch him with a ten-foot pole unless he gets waived, and no way I see that happening...yet.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I'm starting to think I am cursed as a sports fan. O'Dowd is EASILY worse than Burman.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:I'm starting to think I am cursed as a sports fan. O'Dowd is EASILY worse than Burman.
God thats a bold statement....But I think its accurate
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:I'm starting to think I am cursed as a sports fan. O'Dowd is EASILY worse than Burman.
I am not sure who would win that tortoise race... :lol:
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:If he really wants out, he needs to play through the pain so that he has some trade value. As it is now, no team would touch him with a ten-foot pole unless he gets waived, and no way I see that happening...yet.
His contract though - if I am remembering correctly, is mostly guaranteed (by the Rockies). And if they tire of him and cut him loose, they still have to pay up.

Then Cargo can sneak off to San Diego or LA and resurrect his young career.
Dear Karma,