Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11350 ... der-season

Tulo and Cargo both done for the year
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yeah, just saw that myself...nothing like $16.5M riding the pine for the rest of the year. Not to mention Brett Anderson is another $8M. Between those 3, $24.5M out for the year, the rest of the active roster combined is only $44.52M.

Note: this doesn't include Cuddyer ($10.5M) as he is still on the 60-day DL.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

Is there a starter who hasn't been on the DL this year?
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I was interested in Rockies baseball for about a week this year. Go pirates!
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I was interested in Rockies baseball for about a week this year. Go pirates!
I will certainly be averting my attention to the Orioles from here on out. The Rockies make me sick.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I guess I'll be pulling for the Royals or something..
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

So do you wear, like, 1/2 Rockies and 1/2 Royals (or Pirates or Orioles) gear now?

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:So do you wear, like, 1/2 Rockies and 1/2 Royals (or Pirates or Orioles) gear now?

haha. Ive always worn Orioles gear too...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:So do you wear, like, 1/2 Rockies and 1/2 Royals (or Pirates or Orioles) gear now?

haha. Ive always worn Orioles gear too...
Ok...

I was directing that comment more toward those 2-team fans (Beav / fun bags). :popcorn:
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I'm so kicking your ass in a couple weeks.

:thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I'm going tomorrow night. Wearing my Rockies cap.

I'll get a brat loaded with sauerkraut and mustard...a cold beer. Watch the train wreck in action. :cool:
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

As many youngsters, I was a braves fan during the Dale Murphy and then Dave Justice, Ron Gant times. Absolutely loved that pitching staff of Avery, Glavine, Smoltz, Maddox. Pirates have a little place because I like pittsburgh teams (steelers/penguins) and pirates are a big underdog. Rockies grew on me when I went to school in Laramie and Larry Walker was the Man.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Good news! Rockies didn't lose tonight.

Okay, the game was canceled due to a water main break. But, at least I got my brat and beer in before I got out of the stadium.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Hayduke wrote:Good news! Rockies didn't lose tonight.

Okay, the game was canceled due to a water main break. But, at least I got my brat and beer in before I got out of the stadium.
I saw that it was cancelled...was the break right at Blake & 20th? I guess the primary reason to cancel is the poop didn't work without water, and they didn't want the place to end up looking like Hughes Stadium by the 3rd inning.
Dear Karma,

Hayduke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:

I saw that it was cancelled...was the break right at Blake & 20th? I guess the primary reason to cancel is the poop didn't work without water, and they didn't want the place to end up looking like Hughes Stadium by the 3rd inning.

Yup. Blake and 20th... that's where the yellow tape that prevented 1000's from crossing into "Lake Helton". Amazing that yellow tape can hold back a horde of baseball fans. Football? They would have ripped it down and wallowed in the mud...
Frank Zappa
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote:

I was thinking the bathrooms too, but also, no water + 30,000+ fans + stadium fire = not good.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I was thinking the bathrooms too, but also, no water + 30,000+ fans + stadium fire = not good.

I think they use a non-potable source for fire emergencies in downtown Denver. Not sure if that would include Coors Field, but I would imagine it did. Also, not sure if this water break did or would have damaged that water source for fire emergencies.

But, hey...25,000 folks not being able to use the potty...that's enough to shut it down.
Frank Zappa