Southeast Loosy-Anna Sunday at 2:00.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cowpoke99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:11 pm HUGE scheduling error in my opinion. This isn't on the fans as much as people are saying. The University has to realize that people don't come out on Sundays. Especially for the students because they're either way too hungover or they're going to church.
Yea - - all the students were at church so that's why they didn't attend...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:23 pm
Cowpoke99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:11 pm HUGE scheduling error in my opinion. This isn't on the fans as much as people are saying. The University has to realize that people don't come out on Sundays. Especially for the students because they're either way too hungover or they're going to church.
A sizable chunk of fans that actually attend games are LDS. They don’t attend games on Sundays
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:23 pm

A sizable chunk of fans that actually attend games are LDS. They don’t attend games on Sundays
I have no idea but I’m going to guess students who are LDS is less than 15 percent of the student population. The student turnout was the worst I’ve seen since the Edwards era. It was inexplicable.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:57 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 pm
I have no idea but I’m going to guess students who are LDS is less than 15 percent of the student population. The student turnout was the worst I’ve seen since the Edwards era. It was inexplicable.
You are right about the %, but they attended game at like 50 times the rate of non LDS students. Plenty of non student LDS in the community that faithfully go to games too. Let this be a lesson to never schedule Sunday games. Everyone hates them. Obviously
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:53 pm Wasn't Oden injured/sick for the last game? Maybe he was on a restricted number of minutes due to that.
Yep, concussion protocol. People need to chill.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

It was likely more than church. I am going to say the poor attendance was...

1. Sunday afternoon - competing with the NFL - brilliant scheduling
2. Huntin' season still in full effect
3. Border War Saturday night, with the win
4. Southeast whom?
5. Sunday afternoon - competing with the NFL - brilliant scheduling
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:57 pm
You are right about the %, but they attended game at like 50 times the rate of non LDS students. Plenty of non student LDS in the community that faithfully go to games too. Let this be a lesson to never schedule Sunday games. Everyone hates them. Obviously
I went to a Sunday day game last year and loved it. Nice daytime driving to the arena. I don't need rooms or drive home super late. It also wasn't attended well last year but I think they're pretty good. Sure beats an 8pm on a Tuesday or Thursday. This one was probably worse because the die hards just got back from Fort Fart late the night before.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 am
It was likely more than church. I am going to say the poor attendance was...

1. Sunday afternoon - competing with the NFL - brilliant scheduling
2. Huntin' season still in full effect
3. Border War Saturday night, with the win
4. Southeast whom?
5. Sunday afternoon - competing with the NFL - brilliant scheduling
Half the people around me were glued to their phones watching the Bills f-word up.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."