WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We legit suck
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

We won a lot of close games last year. Life always evens out.

God is not a cowboy fan.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Usu smoked this team by 25.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Well, looks like we don't have to worry about coaching and staff turnover due to success...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:26 pm Another game another loss
No Maldo, no Ike. We probably can’t beat anyone in the MWC without them other than AF.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Not a true horrible loss on the road to a purdy good Santa Clara team, but from here forward we hafta want to learn how to win without the Big 2, and NO MORE LOSSES AT 7220. These younger guys hafta figure it out and soon if they wanna salvage this season. And we'll see truly how good Jeff Linder really is, teach the game, coach the team!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Well..this thread was started before we beat Colorado Christian and it has turned out to be prophetic. The depth that everybody was excited about is there but it's not depth that is making a difference. Now...I think most teams that lose their top two guys are going to struggle, but the hopes of challenging SDSU for conference supremacy seem distant at this point even with them back. And I think I'm reasonably safe in saying that the chances of an at-large bit are very dim at this point.

Here's hoping that Ike comes back and is a beast that nobody in the conference can solve...I'm very skeptical that his leg injury stuff will allow him to go beast mode for the stretch run of the conference season. Ah well....the life of a pokes sports fan right?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Thompson played the most minutes out of anyone. This is why we struggle. When you have Thompson playing the most you know you don't have very good players! Sorry, but it's true. Plus all our players weighs like 162 lbs. It's tough to win with no inside presence. And we suck at defending the arc, which was supposed to be Linder's specialty. This season has been a disaster
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I still don't understand how Linder could have managed his roster in such a way that would led to thompson getting big minutes. Oden is not a big man. Thompson is not a big man even though he has been cast as such his whole career. He's a slow-footed guard that bricks threes. Linder should have understood that if Ike EVER went down we were likely screwed. SMH. Negligence by Linder
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:43 pm I still don't understand how Linder could have managed his roster in such a way that would led to thompson getting big minutes. Oden is not a big man. Thompson is not a big man even though he has been cast as such his whole career. He's a slow-footed guard that bricks threes. Linder should have understood that if Ike EVER went down we were likely screwed. SMH. Negligence by Linder
I really don't know how much blame to put on Linder ... but I agree about Thomson. I will always remember the handful of good moments he has given to Wyoming basketball but if he's playing big minutes, something has gone very wrong.

Would you say the hype train was just off the tracks this whole time? I mean, with Maldo and Ike on the floor, I still think we are better than last years team but not way better....mostly because Maldo doesn't have to bring the ball up the floor. So, ultimately, this team has the same flaws as last years team just with a fully matured Maldonado and Ike. Without them...it most likely is CBI time!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:50 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:43 pm I still don't understand how Linder could have managed his roster in such a way that would led to thompson getting big minutes. Oden is not a big man. Thompson is not a big man even though he has been cast as such his whole career. He's a slow-footed guard that bricks threes. Linder should have understood that if Ike EVER went down we were likely screwed. SMH. Negligence by Linder
I really don't know how much blame to put on Linder ... but I agree about Thomson. I will always remember the handful of good moments he has given to Wyoming basketball but if he's playing big minutes, something has gone very wrong.

Would you say the hype train was just off the tracks this whole time? I mean, with Maldo and Ike on the floor, I still think we are better than last years team but not way better....mostly because Maldo doesn't have to bring the ball up the floor. So, ultimately, this team has the same flaws as last years team just with a fully matured Maldonado and Ike. Without them...it most likely is CBI time!
The hype train was way out of control.

I would not say we are not better than last year. We miss Jeffries. We don't have anyone that is near the defender and rebounder he was, not to mention his elite shooting. We don't have any wings that are worth much in my opinion. If we had Jeffries and a back up big man this year we'd be in business, but we have neither, plus I don't think Linder's done a very good job up to this point in the season
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:07 pm

The hype train was way out of control.

I would not say we are not better than last year. We miss Jeffries. We don't have anyone that is near the defender and rebounder he was, not to mention his elite shooting. We don't have any wings that are worth much in my opinion. If we had Jeffries and a back up big man this year we'd be in business, but we have neither, plus I don't think Linder's done a very good job up to this point in the season
Doh...why do I always forget about Jeffries...great point. One thing I remember from last year was that Jeffries had a little dog in him. Not sure we have that outside of Maldo. Ike is tough but a perimeter guy with an attitude is really valuable.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Maldo doesn't bring the ball up, but it still has to go to him every possession because we have no other consistent scorers. Same flaw as last season. We still don't have a true reliable point guard who can take care of the ball and create offense. Anderson and Reynolds show flashes but are simply way too careless with the ball.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Maldo doesn't bring the ball up, but it still has to go to him every possession because we have no other consistent scorers. Same flaw as last season. We still don't have a true reliable point guard who can take care of the ball and create offense. Anderson and Reynolds show flashes but are simply way too careless with the ball.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Yes...that is true..it all adds up to a very high turnover team.