Its game week...Colorado Christian, come on down.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:46 pm Noah Reynolds carried off the floor. Not good.
Was just gonna say this. He is legit injured
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

The Pokes are going to score 100!!!! Dam
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:46 pm Noah Reynolds carried off the floor. Not good.
Cramps. I think we are running a lot.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Well we can put up points! So many options
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

OMg, this is gonna be a fun year!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Reynolds has matured a lot from last year. First thing I noticed. Doesn’t look like a kid anymore.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:04 pm Reynolds has matured a lot from last year. First thing I noticed. Doesn’t look like a kid anymore.
He looks like Jalen Hurts lol
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:12 pm Oden appears to be out for the game. Limping.
Just cramps, he'll be fine.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

One thing is that even up 30 Linder was yelling for the team to push the pace. It seems with the depth, our strategy this year (at least without Ike) will be to run the other team to the ground.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:04 pm Reynolds has matured a lot from last year. First thing I noticed. Doesn’t look like a kid anymore.
Agreed. He plays the game way more under control, less reckless, and seems to go to the rim stronger this year.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sounded good by play by play's description and over the radio the knowledge of depth on this team is truly good to know...i might be there Thursday
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:33 pm The lower seating looks horrible. What a horrible policy for ticket holders. Stupid.
That is Burman's doing, and a mistake he lives with every single game. Terminable mistake in my opinion.

The lower bowl going to deep pockets & corporations during reseating...ugh, what more can we say.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:54 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:33 pm The lower seating looks horrible. What a horrible policy for ticket holders. Stupid.
That is Burman's doing, and a mistake he lives with every single game. Terminable mistake in my opinion.

The lower bowl going to deep pockets & corporations during reseating...ugh, what more can we say.
Still looks like crap. Unreal how those a seats are NEVER full. Why????
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

This is going to be a scary good team. The only player that dressed and didn't score was DuSell, and we all know that's an anomoly.

We're going to need Powell to get up to speed quickly. We nearly got outrebounded by a bad D2 school last night. That being said, Max had a hell of a game. He'll be in the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

Oden is going to be the best player on this team next season. We're going to be without Maldo, Thompson, and (probably) Ike, but JO is freakishly athletic. He's Derrick Cooke, but with basketball IQ.

Anderson and Reynolds are the missing pieces from last year. New Mexico is going to have a much tougher time against this year's version of the team than last year's.

I hope that taking 37 threes was because it's a tune up game. It was ugly in the first half.

Looking forward to seeing what Barnhart can do. We know he can shoot, but I'd like to see his defensive play and rebounding.

All in all that was a great start to the season! I think Ike having to sit out the first few weeks is a blessing in disguise. The new players will have 6 weeks to improve, then Ike comes back with an already awesome roster. Strap in, 'cause this season is going to be a blast!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:19 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:54 am

Looks awful, like there is zero support. And that is largely because the big donors / corps don't give a poop about going to anything non-conference that isn't a top opponent. And they are not all located in Wyoming (or Laramie & Cheyenne) so they don't fill the odd times / days.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:24 am This is going to be a scary good team. The only player that dressed and didn't score was DuSell, and we all know that's an anomoly.

We're going to need Powell to get up to speed quickly. We nearly got outrebounded by a bad D2 school last night. That being said, Max had a hell of a game. He'll be in the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

Oden is going to be the best player on this team next season. We're going to be without Maldo, Thompson, and (probably) Ike, but JO is freakishly athletic. He's Derrick Cooke, but with basketball IQ.

Anderson and Reynolds are the missing pieces from last year. New Mexico is going to have a much tougher time against this year's version of the team than last year's.

I hope that taking 37 threes was because it's a tune up game. It was ugly in the first half.

Looking forward to seeing what Barnhart can do. We know he can shoot, but I'd like to see his defensive play and rebounding.

All in all that was a great start to the season! I think Ike having to sit out the first few weeks is a blessing in disguise. The new players will have 6 weeks to improve, then Ike comes back with an already awesome roster. Strap in, 'cause this season is going to be a blast!
Solid post, you are spot on. Everyone played I believe (that were dressed at least)? The in-game was awful though - worst it has ever been...not sure why???
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:24 am This is going to be a scary good team. The only player that dressed and didn't score was DuSell, and we all know that's an anomoly.

I have zero clue who will get the minutes when it's a good opponent and a close game. I bet this is keeping Linder up at night.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Did anyone else listen to the post game interview? Linder said J.O. is shooting 60 percent from the 3 point line in practice.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:33 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:19 am
Looks awful, like there is zero support. And that is largely because the big donors / corps don't give a Sh#t about going to anything non-conference that isn't a top opponent. And they are not all located in Wyoming (or Laramie & Cheyenne) so they don't fill the odd times / days.
Yep, exactly. Very un-Wyoming to value corporations over individuals and families. Donors should be classified into at least two categories, and at the very least, the lower bowl should be split down the middle between individuals and corporations. Fact is, the corporations are going to give, regardless. It's a PR issue for them. If they finished what they started with the club seating at the concourse level aligned roughly with the student section arc, they could push the corporate donors into those seats freeing up more low seats for the true fans.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:07 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:33 am

Looks awful, like there is zero support. And that is largely because the big donors / corps don't give a Sh#t about going to anything non-conference that isn't a top opponent. And they are not all located in Wyoming (or Laramie & Cheyenne) so they don't fill the odd times / days.
Yep, exactly. Very un-Wyoming to value corporations over individuals and families. Donors should be classified into at least two categories, and at the very least, the lower bowl should be split down the middle between individuals and corporations. Fact is, the corporations are going to give, regardless. It's a PR issue for them. If they finished what they started with the club seating at the concourse level aligned roughly with the student section arc, they could push the corporate donors into those seats freeing up more low seats for the true fans.
I have noticed that lots of students are starting to migrate out of the student section and take some of the empty seats in the lower bowl. Good I say! We just need people down low that make noise.