Its game week...Colorado Christian, come on down.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:18 amI have noticed that lots of students are starting to migrate out of the student section and take some of the empty seats in the lower bowl. Good I say! We just need people down low that make noise.
I hope that official stadium policy says that anyone can sit there after the 2nd media timeout in the first half. Let people sit in the seats that show up on camera instead of seeing a bunch of yellow locked down by the seat gestapo.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:18 amI have noticed that lots of students are starting to migrate out of the student section and take some of the empty seats in the lower bowl. Good I say! We just need people down low that make noise.
I hope that official stadium policy says that anyone can sit there after the 2nd media timeout in the first half. Let people sit in the seats that show up on camera instead of seeing a bunch of yellow locked down by the seat gestapo.
That would be a good policy.

Looking at the ticket availability map, it's crazy, mind blowing really, how few of the season ticket holders, individuals or corporations, actually use their tickets. It's not a good situation.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:18 am
Wyovanian wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:07 am
Yep, exactly. Very un-Wyoming to value corporations over individuals and families. Donors should be classified into at least two categories, and at the very least, the lower bowl should be split down the middle between individuals and corporations. Fact is, the corporations are going to give, regardless. It's a PR issue for them. If they finished what they started with the club seating at the concourse level aligned roughly with the student section arc, they could push the corporate donors into those seats freeing up more low seats for the true fans.
I have noticed that lots of students are starting to migrate out of the student section and take some of the empty seats in the lower bowl. Good I say! We just need people down low that make noise.
Another re-seating error. At least give the students back some side court seating to the top if the key. That was one of the things that set Wyoming apart- primo seats for the students.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:31 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:18 am I have noticed that lots of students are starting to migrate out of the student section and take some of the empty seats in the lower bowl. Good I say! We just need people down low that make noise.
Another re-seating error. At least give the students back some side court seating to the top if the key. That was one of the things that set Wyoming apart- primo seats for the students.
Absolutely! This is Wyoming. We're different. We should be catering to the students. We've lost our way imo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Max, JO and Ike on the court together will be quite the combo. Linder might balance the groups a bit more.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:06 pm Max, JO and Ike on the court together will be quite the combo. Linder might balance the groups a bit more.
Yep. I can't wait to see that, especially if J.O. is shooting 3's as good in games as he does in practice(60 percent according to Linder).

Last night they had a line-up with Maldo, Kyman, Max, J.O., and Caden(or Thompson, can't remember which one): all guys 6'7" or above. It resulted in blocked shots on back to back defensive possessions.

That's what sucks about Ike missing 6-8 weeks, Linder can't experiment with him in the rotations, and according to his post game interviews he likes to have set rotations. It will be interesting to see who gets the run-out for small ball teams like CSU or really long teams like SDSU.

Another thought: everyone played last night except Talich and the 3 injuries. 11 guys got playing time. According to Linder, he wants an 8-9 man rotation. We know Ike and Wenzel are likely starters. I'm not sure on Barnhart yet. Who's going to get into that 8-9 man rotation by conference play and who's going to be waiting for injury opportunities? Our 7 man rotation from last year was joined by the L.A.radise 3, Powell, Barnhart, and Kenny Foster. That's 13 guys that would likely play for every team in the league not named SDSU. Linder made the comment in his post-game interview that there's no drop off at all when he goes to the bench this year. Our staff is going to have to make some tough decisions as this season progresses.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 am
Good if they allow it. Damn ticket nazis