Dome of Doom 2022.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyoming has a great home schedule this season with UNM, Boise, SDSU, and CSU on Saturdays. The problem is UNM, Boise, and SDSU are without students as the student section is home for Christmas.

Let's talk about the elephant in the room. The season ticket holders were an absolute embarrassment last season. Many of the prime AA seats sat empty for much of the season. If there's a mechanism in place for season ticket holders to return their seats for resale, they're too lazy to use it. The other problem may be that we have too many tickets in the hands of scalpers. Both of these issues need addressed.

We absolutely have to fill those prime seats this season.

I've seen others mention an after halftime seat upgrade, where people can fill those seats at the start of the second half. I think that's a great idea. The security should help Wyoming fans farther away move into prime seats. Leave opposing fans where they're at and upgrade the ones wearing gods colors.

The student section is an asset. They're not even near tapping out their potential and they are a force to be reckoned with. They win us ballgames. The empty seats in the center of the lower bowl dont. Those need Cowboy fans in them every game.

What say you Cowboys fans? How do we get consistent asses in the prime AA seats?
pcwyo
Buckaroo

Good luck with that. I emailed the same thoughts to the athletic department a few years ago, asking why they don't allow people to come down to use those seats to fill them. They said there would be too much resistance from ticket holders down there who pay higher prices for those seats. I told them I was one of those people and I wouldn't mind. Would rather have an active crowd than empty seats.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If the seats were full, then no one would need to move down there :rofl: I’m sure they can track tickets that actually get scanned. There should be a threshold for % of tickets attended. It’s a tough spot, if you threaten to move them, perhaps they don’t buy again.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Change the color down low from gold to brown so that way on tv it doesn't show as easily...
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

How about making it so you don't see a gaping black hole every time the play is on the tunnel side of the court?

That's all I see half the game, anyway. The other half of the time I see really awesome empty yellow armchairs.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I've been saying for years...there is a REALLY REALLY simple fix. For whatever reason, the University just doesn't appear to care.

The fix is a weekly email to season ticket holders (automatically generated by computer) that alerts the season ticket holder of the upcoming game and that includes an option to 'donate back the ticket.' Then, the tickets donated back should be given to local high schools, boys & girls club, etc... This fixes the seat problems and engages the next generation of fan.

Minimal effort to do. Idea falls on deaf ears.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 pm I've been saying for years...there is a REALLY REALLY simple fix. For whatever reason, the University just doesn't appear to care.

The fix is a weekly email to season ticket holders (automatically generated by computer) that alerts the season ticket holder of the upcoming game and that includes an option to 'donate back the ticket.' Then, the tickets donated back should be given to local high schools, boys & girls club, etc... This fixes the seat problems and engages the next generation of fan.

Great idea. I wonder if the season ticket holder might also be entitled to a charitable donation deduction on their taxes?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:17 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 pm I've been saying for years...there is a REALLY REALLY simple fix. For whatever reason, the University just doesn't appear to care.

Great idea. I wonder if the season ticket holder might also be entitled to a charitable donation deduction on their taxes?
Only if the recipient is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Truly a great idea, especially in this day and age where tickets are electronic and easily transferable!!!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I thought there was a mechanism where season ticket holders could return their tickets to the athletics department for re-sale if they know in advance they aren't going to use them.

If there isn't. There needs to be.

Just inform the university that you aren't going and then the university could sell those seats to the walk up crowd or donate them to kids.