The Zone interviews Linder....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

There's a couple of juicy nuggets in here that people will be interested in hearing.

I've been saying that Noah is probably going to end up playing the 2 and will be hard to get off the floor with his shooting. This interview confirms that. Linder said if they had a game today, Noah is probably starting at the 2. A lot can change in the next 38 days but it sounds like Noah has made more progress than anyone on the team. The other guy he mentions is Brendan Wenzel. He's had a great off-season as well.

Check it out. Even though Linder tries to keep things calm and in perspective, it's hard not to be excited for the best team(on paper) we've had since any of us have been alive. This interview will only get you more excited if that's possible.

https://kfbcradio.com/wyoming-basketbal ... e-audio-2/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Starting lineup
1: Ethan Anderson
2: Noah Reynolds
3: Maldonado
4: Oden
5: Ike

Or

1: Maldonado
3: DuSell
4: Agbonkpolo

Who knows??
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am Starting lineup
1: Ethan Anderson
3: Maldonado
4: Oden

Or

1: Maldonado
3: DuSell
4: Agbonkpolo

Who knows??
Wenzel will probably be in the starting lineup. Linder said that he "is one their top 3 players."
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I'll bet the starting line-up is going to be based on match-ups. If we're facing a team that's short and doesn't have post depth like CSU:

Maldo
Wenzel
Agbonkpolo
J.O.
Ike

If we're facing a team like UNM last year(quick guards, few bigs)

Ethan
Noah
Maldo
PF(no idea who's going to start)
Ike

If they're a team that plays a lot of zone and dares people to bomb threes on them...

Maldo
Noah
Wenzel
Kyman
Thompson

Noah pushing his way to the top of the shooting guard rotation really makes things interesting. Supposedly Foster is healthy. Dusell was our best player down the stretch in Linder's first season. Wenzel can play the 2 now that his defense isn't a liability. Kyman could probably see some minutes there as well

PF is another spot that is absolutely loaded with dudes. Max, J.O., Thompson, and Barnhart all would have started there under Allen Edwards.

This kind of depth is a blessing and a curse. We can match up with any style we'll face, but that means guys that deserve to play are going to miss out. Playing time is the number one reason why kids transfer. I think the guys will need to realize that starting really doesn't matter. The only guys I think are locked in starters are Maldo and Ike. Hopefully, they're all team first guys and don't get upset if they aren't in the starting line-up.

We've still got 38 days until the first game, so a lot can be decided between now and then.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It is seriously great news that Reynolds has come so far, along with Wenzel. Holy crap we're going to be deep and good
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Fun interview! Linder as football coach? Imagine the innovation in the passing game! Another dream I'll never see.