Basketball is having a scrimmage open to the public on October 1st at the AA.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Thanks to Ryan Thorburn and Robert Gagliardi for sharing this information on a podcast. I don't have a link to the podcast since it came up on twitter and I don't know how to link it, but it's a great listen.

Another tasty nugget: Ethan Anderson missed the Greece trip because he had problems getting his passport on time. He wasn't in trouble or anything. He just missed out because of the efficiency and competence of other people.

Anyway, I'll see you guys at the AA on October 1st.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Good info, good share! Go Pokes!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:06 am Good info, good share! Go Pokes!
I've given the Casper Star tons of crap over the years for hiring college graduates so they didn't have to pay them much. They had turned into a click bait rag. The best decision they've made was getting Thorburn on staff. He understands Wyoming and actually gives us information that we want to hear. Thanks Ryan.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:38 am
I've given the Casper Star tons of crap over the years for hiring college graduates so they didn't have to pay them much. They had turned into a click bait rag. The best decision they've made was getting Thorburn on staff. He understands Wyoming and actually gives us information that we want to hear. Thanks Ryan.
Agree, Ryan adds a ton of value, especially as handcuffed as he is by 'ol Bohly. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:52 am
Old-Bull wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:38 am
Agree, Ryan adds a ton of value, especially as handcuffed as he is by 'ol Bohly. ;)
Lord knows you can't have anyone see you practice or they might pick up on your tendency to call run, run, pass, punt every drive.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I will probably try to attend as I will be in town for the San Jose game. Be the first time I've seen anything poke basketball in person since the game against Montana State in Billings, and my first football game since Washington State in Pullman
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:44 am I will probably try to attend as I will be in town for the San Jose game. Be the first time I've seen anything poke basketball in person since the game against Montana State in Billings, and my first football game since Washington State in Pullman
Nice. I'm glad you get a chance to see them in person. This might be the best basketball team we've had in a quarter of a century.

On the Sportszone yesterday they interviewed Linder and he said "open practices", as in plural. Now I'm going to have to find out when the other ones are.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:55 pm
aranderson wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:44 am I will probably try to attend as I will be in town for the San Jose game. Be the first time I've seen anything poke basketball in person since the game against Montana State in Billings, and my first football game since Washington State in Pullman
Nice. I'm glad you get a chance to see them in person. This might be the best basketball team we've had in a quarter of a century.

On the Sportszone yesterday they interviewed Linder and he said "open practices", as in plural. Now I'm going to have to find out when the other ones are.
Open practices are awesome! I went a few years ago with my son before a game, just kinda walked in and at the end, my son was throwing AJ Banks alley oops. Very memorable for both of us and a very good thing for the program to help get fans pumped
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:50 pm

Open practices are awesome! I went a few years ago with my son before a game, just kinda walked in and at the end, my son was throwing AJ Banks alley oops. Very memorable for both of us and a very good thing for the program to help get fans pumped
Hopefully they'll all be open. I think there are going to be more than one of these organized scrimmages, although Linder practices are pretty much a scrimmage anyway since they just play 5 on 5 most of the time.

On the Zone, he was talking about how the scrimmages will allow people to see how deep the team is and how fierce the competition is going to be to make the rotation, let alone start.

If these guys want to see the floor this year, they better be working their asses off, because 4 guys are likely to miss out on the rotation until someone gets injured(9 man rotation). Those aren't scrubs that are going to be sitting the bench, they're guys that would likely play for everyone else in the league not named Wyoming or SDSU.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Opening day elk season unfortunately so probably not....more to come once it officially starts, can't wait
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Vt poke wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:50 pm

I'll probably attend with my 5yo. Mom will probably stay at the hotel with what will be our 2mo. I definitely look forward to it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:35 pm Opening day elk season unfortunately so probably not....more to come once it officially starts, can't wait
You’re suppose to take care of elk in September
W-Y, Until I Die!