Scheduled Non Conference games

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Haven’t seen anyone post about this yet.

Wyoming will play Dayton in Chicago at the United Center on December 17th for a neutral site game.

Wyoming will play St. Mary’s December 10th at Footprint arena in Phoenix for a neutral site game as well.

Both games seem to be scheduled this last week.

We also have that tournament we are in. Good non conference schedule shaping up so far as long as we win most of the games.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Yep....and Grand Canyon has to travel to Laramie as well. They've usually got a pretty strong Net rating.

The tournament we're in is the Virgin Islands Paradise Jam that CSU won last year and the field doesn't look all that strong:

1. Boston College
2. Drake
3. Belmont
4. Buffalo
5. George Mason
6. Howard
7. Weber State
8. Wyoming
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Getting seen in different parts of the country isn't a bad thing, get the job done
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wow, two really good games. Linder has this thing rolling basketball wise, recruiting wise and now scheduling wise.

I would think we'll schedule another high-profile road game like the Arizona game last year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

St Marys and Dayton are both in a pre season top 25 ranking that came out today, as well as Wyoming.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:46 am St Marys and Dayton are both in a pre season top 25 ranking that came out today, as well as Wyoming.
St. Mary's 35
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Which pre season poll was that? Most of the pre season polls I have seen have Dayton in the top 25 to top 30 and St. Mary’s no where to be found since they lost key pieces.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:54 pm Which pre season poll was that? Most of the pre season polls I have seen have Dayton in the top 25 to top 30 and St. Mary’s no where to be found since they lost key pieces.
Andy Katz's preseason Poll. He has St. Mary’s 30 and Dayton 17.
CowBoyL
Buckaroo

When does the full schedule get released? If I remember correctly it has been released by this time of year in the past (excluding covid years of course).
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

CowBoyL wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:06 pm When does the full schedule get released? If I remember correctly it has been released by this time of year in the past (excluding covid years of course).
They just finished up the spring meetings, so they may be behind a bit. You're right, though, they've typically been early to mid June for a full schedule reslease.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Good lord I'm going crazy wondering when the schedule is going to come out.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Louisiana Tech is coming to Laramie. They finished last season 24-10 with a Net ranking of 101, so they'll be a good ooc opponent for us at home.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:37 am Louisiana Tech is coming to Laramie. They finished last season 24-10 with a Net ranking of 101, so they'll be a good ooc opponent for us at home.
Where did we find this little snippet of information?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Jon Rothstein dropped that info on Twitter a few days back.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I’ve been a fan since 91 and can’t remember a better, more challenging non conference schedule as this. To get to the next level you have got to play better teams and beat them, especially on the road or neutral courts. If we can win most of these games, it certainly helps our at large chances in tourney. So darn excited for this year
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:49 pm I’ve been a fan since 91 and can’t remember a better, more challenging non conference schedule as this. To get to the next level you have got to play better teams and beat them, especially on the road or neutral courts. If we can win most of these games, it certainly helps our at large chances in tourney. So darn excited for this year
It seems like the staff is loading up on potential quad one and quad two games in the ooc.

The bigger leagues aren't coming to Laramie for basketball. That's the reality. Most good mid-majors won't either. The home and home with Grand Canyon got us one game here. They're usually pretty tough. It will be interesting to see the schedule details for La. Tech. I wonder if we have to go down there next year. Either way, that's 2 pretty salty ooc opponents both coming to Laramie. To get games with Dayton and Saint Mary's on neutral courts is huge. If we make it to the final of the tournament CSU won last year, that's 5 potential quad 1 or 2 games announced already.

The staff is going to get another raise this year if they keep this up.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vt poke wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:49 pm I’ve been a fan since 91 and can’t remember a better, more challenging non conference schedule as this. To get to the next level you have got to play better teams and beat them, especially on the road or neutral courts. If we can win most of these games, it certainly helps our at large chances in tourney. So darn excited for this year
Last year’s schedule was pretty good too
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:44 am
Last year’s schedule was pretty good too
Agreed! We go into conference with only 2-3 losses and end up top 3-4 in regular season, we will have an at large again. Play good teams and the team gets better, better than playing some culinary school or a directional school
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

f-word at-large, let's win the whole damn thing! Right!?!?!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:24 am
[#]f##k at-large, let's win the whole damn thing! Right!?!?!
Absolutely!