2023 recruits....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This dude has a little Josh Adams in his game: goes to the rim strong, absorbs contact, finishes well, and can throw down a spectacular dunk at 6'1".

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

KJ De Luna is in Laradise.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We've hosted 3 bigs in the last three weeks: McFarland, Marrs, and De Luna. McFarland is making a decision in the next 72 hours.

We should find out some news on who our new big is going to be sometime this week.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:43 am We've hosted 3 bigs in the last three weeks: McFarland, Marrs, and De Luna. McFarland is making a decision in the next 72 hours.

We should find out some news on who our new big is going to be sometime this week.
De Luna or macfarland would be huge!!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:58 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:43 am We've hosted 3 bigs in the last three weeks: McFarland, Marrs, and De Luna. McFarland is making a decision in the next 72 hours.

De Luna or macfarland would be huge!!
Agreed. I don't know much about Gavin Marrs, but I'm sure if our staff offered him this year that he can play at this level.

If you look at offer lists, McFarland seems to be the most coveted, followed by De Luna, and Marrs.

P.T. might be a concern for these guys initially, but we're replacing Hunter Thompson this year and are probably replacing Graham Ike if he goes to the NBA like I think he's going to. That's why this staff is working the bigs so hard this year, we're about to lose 2 of them. If Graham is still here when these guys get here then they get to play against him in practice for a season. If not, they go into the rotation with Caden Powell at center.

This staff has it rolling right now. Thank god we finally hired a guy that believes in Laramie, knows how good of a basketball job it is, and isn't afraid to compete with the big dogs for talent.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Update that probably means nothing but sure felt good:

I posted "Come follow Graham Ike to the NBA" on Rancho Verde's twitter announcement for McFarland and both his head coach Johnny Dukes and his high school program liked that comment. Rancho Verde hoops even retweeted it.

Confirmed: McFarland is a Poke. ;)
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:10 pm Update that probably means nothing but sure felt good:

I posted "Come follow Graham Ike to the NBA" on Rancho Verde's twitter announcement for McFarland and both his head coach Johnny Dukes and his high school program liked that comment. Rancho Verde hoops even retweeted it.

Where in the heck did you find confirmation for this?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

aranderson wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:11 am
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:10 pm Update that probably means nothing but sure felt good:

I think he is joking. But it's awesome to even be in the last three for MacFarland!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Its not confirmed. I was being a smart ass. I just thought it was cool that his high school coach and his high school program both liked my comment that he should come to Laradise and follow Graham into the NBA.

Honestly though, I think his best chance at the NBA is through Laradise and working with our staff in a great college town with few distractions.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:42 am

Its not confirmed. I was being a smart A$$. I just thought it was cool that his high school coach and his high school program both liked my comment that he should come to Laradise and follow Graham into the NBA.

Honestly though, I think his best chance at the NBA is through Laradise and working with our staff in a great college town with few distractions.
I agree, unfortunately everything I see is pointing at him going to Houston. 👎
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 am
Old-Bull wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:42 am

Its not confirmed. I was being a smart A$$. I just thought it was cool that his high school coach and his high school program both liked my comment that he should come to Laradise and follow Graham into the NBA.

I agree, unfortunately everything I see is pointing at him going to Houston. 👎
I saw that b.s. on3 article too. I'm not buying that. That article was the authors opinion. If he wanted Houston so bad he wouldn't need 72 hours to decide, he would have committed on the trip.

I think I read 2 of his main priorities were family atmosphere and style of play. If that's the case, we're going to be hard to beat with our post up usage rate and Euro style of playing outside/in.

That on3 article was horsepoo.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

In case you guys are wondering, the 72 hour time period for Jacob McFarland ends Wednesday around noon.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:43 pm In case you guys are wondering, the 72 hour time period for Jacob McFarland ends Wednesday around noon.
I have been wondering!!
CitizenCane
Buckaroo

Just a waitin on the dancin ponys
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CitizenCane wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:04 pm Just a waitin on the dancin ponys
Here's some highlights I found,

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The nice thing for Jacob is that if he stays West, his family and friends can travel to games in Jose, San Diego, Fresno, Reno, Vegas, and a MWC tournament in Vegas. They can see him play in person.

I'm hoping that and the gigantic pile of basketball greatness we have here is enough.

I sure hope Jacob is bumping this right now.

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Jacob's interview starts around 5 minutes in.

CitizenCane
Buckaroo

Just something I trolled off the Coogfans board:

"Pollardsvision
Coog1992
8hrs ago

Don’t sleep on Wyoming…… heard the kid loves to fish."
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Man, this is like waiting to see if Wyoming hits the lottery or not. There's enough people on this forum who would take this kid fishing anywhere he wants to go. Crossing my fingers!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.