Interview with Coach Linder!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

Let's hit the like button on the video and comment! The comment is great also for exposure! Nice! I searched google for interviews to learn stuff and found this one! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Lexi
If your dreams don't scare you they aren't BIG enough - GO POKES!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:43 pm

Let's hit the like button on the video and comment! The comment is great also for exposure! Nice! I searched google for interviews to learn stuff and found this one! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Lexi
I don't think Jeff Linder has ever coached a basketball team with as much defensive potential as this one. He's won a lot of games with great offenses over the years. Some of his teams had very good defenses. None of them have had the talent this Wyoming team has.
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

Hi Old-Bull

Coach Linder is a really smart guy. All those stats and data he uses is impressive. When I watched this it was like wow these players need high basketball IQ to learn this stuff. One player way under the radar is Jeremiah :) I think. His defense is great.

Lexi
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:22 am Hi Old-Bull

Coach Linder is a really smart guy. All those stats and data he uses is impressive. When I watched this it was like wow these players need high basketball IQ to learn this stuff. One player way under the radar is Jeremiah :) I think. His defense is great.

Lexi
I agree with all of that.

Linder is an analytics guy. He studies the math to find advantages and then plays to those advantages. He's always been the coach at a school with less resources. Before Wyoming, his coaching jobs have been at places that didn't have the tools to compete with their piers. He's had to find ways to punch above his weight class.

The offense changed drastically in the 2 years Linder and company have been here. With Marcus, the offense was Marcus driving the lane and then kicking to open three point shooters. Last year, it was the Ike and Maldo post-up game. With a Noah's Arc roster(2 of everything), length on the wings, a legit point guard, abundant shooters, great paint scoring......he can do almost anything he wants on offense next season. He can finally use 7220 to his advantage, crank up the intensity, run people out of the gym, and have the depth to keep from burning guys out.

I thought our offense was excellent in the post last year until the league figured out the "Ike rules" AND Ike got tired. This year the offense doesn't have to rely on the post. We don't have to do it every trip down the floor. As good as we were in the post, we were almost non-existent in transition. We didn't take advantages to run. We didn't really try to attack the rim. I think we need to be better at attacking the rim and getting out in transition next season. We now have the personnel/depth to press teams into submission at the highest altitude in college basketball. Linder said the offense would be faster and more open. How much faster and open is it going to be?

J.O.(Jeremiah) is one of my favorite guys on the team. He was so skinny when he got here. He had a ton of work to do. Next year will be the first year he's played basketball where he isn't under weight. He's going to have a big year. I think the offense needs to feature more of him getting into the paint and then having a green light on turn around jump shots. That is a high efficiency shot for J.O. It needs to be featured more. I think he has the highest hops on the team. The dude can get up. With him and Max on the wings, Ethan and Noah need to be throwing oops to those guys crashing backdoor.

Linder has the deepest and most well rounded roster he's ever had as a coach. He can do whatever he wants. November can't get here soon enough.
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

What a GREAT post Old-Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love reading your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all that wisdom! :) :)! I am reading your post for the 3rd time! So cool! The "Ike Rules" no more!! I like that Noah's Arc roster comment! 2 deep is outstanding!

I bet ya Caden is lifting weights and doing yoga right now! Would Caden be our Noah's Arc #2 with Graham? :) Will it be X & Jake as the snipers at shooting guard making up Noah's Arc?

- Lex