UW Rodeo

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

UW hosts big rodeo this weekend at Hansen Arena. Friday at 6, Saturday at 6, Sunday at 10 am.
If you can’t watch it in person, consider streaming it on Cowboy Channel +.
The team is performing really well. Tough sport and tough kids. Their mental and physical toughness is truly impressive. Athletes in all UW sports can pick up some pointers from these rodeo kids.
You’ll see a number of them in the pro circuit this summer at rodeos around the country.
Go Pokes!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Did they get any good bucking broncs on the portal?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WheatlandCowboy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm UW hosts big rodeo this weekend at Hansen Arena. Friday at 6, Saturday at 6, Sunday at 10 am.
If you can’t watch it in person, consider streaming it on Cowboy Channel +.
The team is performing really well. Tough sport and tough kids. Their mental and physical toughness is truly impressive. Athletes in all UW sports can pick up some pointers from these rodeo kids.
You’ll see a number of them in the pro circuit this summer at rodeos around the country.
Go Pokes!
Great reminder. If anyone here goes - realize you will be watching a National Championship Winning group.

By the way, they are no longer considered a "club" sport at UW...somebody is paying attention in the AD.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

The men's team is currently the top ranked team in the country: http://collegerodeo.com/standings/national-standings/
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:12 pm The men's team is currently the top ranked team in the country: http://collegerodeo.com/standings/national-standings/
Don't tell Pat Dye that
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Cornpoke wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:59 am
WYO1016 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:12 pm The men's team is currently the top ranked team in the country: http://collegerodeo.com/standings/national-standings/
Don't tell Pat Dye that
Touche' - "All Wyoming Cares About is Rodeo". LOL

I never liked that slow talking droopy dog cocky mofo.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

Hopefully some of you made it out to Hansen Arena or watched the Cowboy Channel to see the Cowboys and Cowgirls the last 3 days. Competition level was high, UW performed well, and Summit Pro Rodeo brought some great bucking horses and bulls.
Be proud of your university....well done rodeo, tremendous effort by the student athletes, and best attendance of any rodeo in the spring season!
UW will do very well at the National Finals in June. Go Pokes!!!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I'm not defending Pat Dye, because I too was pissed that he departed so quickly. He played at Georgia with Fran Tarkenton, and always wanted a coaching shot in the SEC. It opened up, and he couldn't refuse. Oh well. Regarding his rodeo comment, I think he knew he'd messed up and regretted saying it as soon as it came out of his mouth. The excitement of the moment, and all that. I've opened my yap plenty of times without thinking, and immediately regretted it. Now there is one A-Hole that I ain't forgiving, and that's Dennis "Mr. Integrity" Erickson. Total scumbag!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

The one time I went to a UW rodeo it was for the purpose of staring at cowgirl butts
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:53 am The one time I went to a UW rodeo it was for the purpose of staring at cowgirl butts
That's as good a reason as any.