Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

PG: Anderson, Reynolds
SG: Dusell, Wenzel
SF: Maldo, Kyman
PF: Akbonkpolo/Oden
C: Ike, Powell.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Thompson, Barnhart, and Foster.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oden plays more at SF and Thompson rocks the 4 this year. I expect Thompson is going to see a lot of minutes at the four, regardless of who the starter is. When you have a guy that can bomb from deep at the four it pulls their biggest help defender to the outside and makes it easier on the guy posting up.

How skinny will Nate Barnhart be by next fall? I love the guys game and was impressed with him when I watched him. I just don't know if he's got enough ass in his pants yet. At some point he will and then I expect him to get minutes in the post and in the stretch roll.

Foster is the wild card. He's one of the best shooters on the team if we can get him healthy and lucky. He has the ability to make the rotation with a little injury luck.

Can anyone remember a Wyoming team with 10 guys having a full season of playing experience under their belts? We have 9 guys with at least 2 years of experience. Not only is this team deep, it's deep and experienced.

We'll see, but this team has the depth and ability to cut down nets and win games in the dance.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Well one thing I know is that, we must have done well with these picks ups, because I see some San Diego St. and Boise fans trying to down play them and act like they suck lol …. Think they are trying to make themselves feel better because they know we will be tough next year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm PG: Anderson, Reynolds
SG: Dusell, Wenzel
SF: Maldo, Kyman
PF: Akbonkpolo/Oden
C: Ike, Powell.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Thompson, Barnhart, and Foster.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oden plays more at SF and Thompson rocks the 4 this year. I expect Thompson is going to see a lot of minutes at the four, regardless of who the starter is. When you have a guy that can bomb from deep at the four it pulls their biggest help defender to the outside and makes it easier on the guy posting up.

How skinny is Nate Barnhart by next fall? I love the guys game and was impressed with him when I've saw him. I just don't know if he's got enough A$$ in his pants yet. At some point he will and then I expect him to get minutes in the post and in the stretch roll.

Foster is the wild card. He's one of the best shooters on the team if we can get him healthy and lucky. He has the ability to make the rotation with a little injury luck.

Can anyone remember a Wyoming team with 10 guys having a full season of playing experience under their belts? We have 9 guys with at least 2 years of experience. Not only is this team deep, it's deep and experienced.

We'll see, but this team has the depth and ability to cut down nets and win games in the dance.
To the bolded part… Yes I can. The 1988 Top 10 rated Wyoming Cowboys. That was the last time though. It’s been 34, 35 years since we have had that.

Should be some good buzz going into next years season. Should have some of the bigger crowds we have had since back then or back at least to the early 2000 teams.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

According to Andy Katz, on NCAAs website we are in his preseason power 36 at number 36, ahead of CSU,and BSU, but behind SDSU. This was also before our commitments, and assuming Maldo comes back. From the outside we look pretty darn good. Maldo comes back, and with these signings we are very tough and well positioned for an even better season next year.
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

Hi All!

Newbie here! I am super excited for the season! Look forward to chatting this summer about our Pokes baby! I have been to several games with my dad. He loves hoops and used to coach high school. Dad's health isn't good so I hope this year can be our best ever. I found myself here by a google search and kinda opted for the freebie board after reading this subject thread.

Thanks for letting me join.

-Lexi
If your dreams don't scare you they aren't BIG enough - GO POKES!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:40 pm Hi All!

Newbie here! I am super excited for the season! Look forward to chatting this summer about our Pokes baby! I have been to several games with my dad. He loves hoops and used to coach high school. Dad's health isn't good so I hope this year can be our best ever. I found myself here by a google search and kinda opted for the freebie board after reading this subject thread.

-Lexi
Welcome, and indeed - Go Pokes!!!! 2022-23 is going to be awesome
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:26 pm
CowGalxoHoops wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:40 pm Hi All!

-Lexi
Welcome, and indeed - Go Pokes!!!! 2022-23 is going to be awesome
Thank you with blessings. :) :)
If your dreams don't scare you they aren't BIG enough - GO POKES!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Staff is pretty high on Barnhart... they made a comment that they think he could be the Chet Holmgren of the MW
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

gopokes1399 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:28 pm Staff is pretty high on Barnhart... they made a comment that they think he could be the Chet Holmgren of the MW
It is a very good sign that he didn't get counseled out/shipped off like Bowen, Dut and some others. He must be good if Linder thought enough of him to keep him