Linder Extended through 2027

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

$700k per year guaranteed plus incentives. Glad we were able to get this done!

https://7220sports.com/wyoming-linder-a ... hrough-27/

ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It’s a steal for UW. He’s gonna be good.
Wyo Husker
Buckaroo

Great News!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

That’s good that he got extended and a raise but to be honest he is still at the bottom end of the MWC with his salary. There is only one coach that makes less and that is the Fresno St. coach. Everyone else makes more.

If a bigger school wants him they can easily take him. If they do well next season, I don’t see him being here after that.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Maybe there are lots of incentives. Hmmm
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:32 pm That’s good that he got extended and a raise but to be honest he is still at the bottom end of the MWC with his salary. There is only one coach that makes less and that is the Fresno St. coach. Everyone else makes more.

If a bigger school wants him they can easily take him. If they do well next season, I don’t see him being here after that.
Agreed, maybe they can scrape additional money and revise it next year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:49 pm Maybe there are lots of incentives. Hmmm
There are incentives but they aren’t that special. Something like an extra 25,000 if they get to the NCAA Tournament or win the conference. Nothing major. He may be able to get up to $800k.

Maybe if he keeps making the NCAA tournament they can take some of that money and put it towards his salary. Only thing with that though is the money from those games get distributed equally between every team in the conference. So the more teams that make the tournament and the more games played would help.

Still wouldn’t be enough to keep him here if he wants to leave. Maybe we will get lucky and he will want to stay and feel he is making enough money.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:49 pm Maybe there are lots of incentives. Hmmm
There are incentives but they aren’t that special. Something like an extra 25,000 if they get to the NCAA Tournament or win the conference. Nothing major. He may be able to get up to $800k.

Maybe if he keeps making the NCAA tournament they can take some of that money and put it towards his salary. Only thing with that though is the money from those games get distributed equally between every team in the conference. So the more teams that make the tournament and the more games played would help.

Still wouldn’t be enough to keep him here if he wants to leave. Maybe we will get lucky and he will want to stay and feel he is making enough money.
I don't think we know the particulars of the incentive package. What you describe is what the previous contract had. It's probably similar, but maybe more lucrative. That's just a guess though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We must be hamstrung by Bohl’s salary. I have a feeling this just buys us one more year. If we make the tourney again next year we’re going to have to break the bank . Somehow
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

It will be interesting to read the full contract when it becomes available. I'd like to see the incentives and the buyout.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

I have little doubt if UWs as good as I think they will be, this won’t be enough to keep him here. Hope I’m wrong.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:19 am I have little doubt if UWs as good as I think they will be, this won’t be enough to keep him here. Hope I’m wrong.
I actually think he will still be here two years from now but not for reasons that any of us want. I think the struggles of the team in the latter part of the season will still be there unless there are some big jumps in existing roster ability or incoming talent. Lot's could change between now and the start of next season, but I don't see a slam dunk top two/three finish in the MW conference next year. I don't think somebody poaches Linder unless that happens.

But you are absolutely right...if some of the positive predictions about the team next year are correct...no way he stays.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

You all realize that we haven't had a head coach poached by another school since 1999 in football and 1998 in basketball, right? This doom and gloom of "there's no way he stays" has been baseless for a loooooooooong time now. Enjoy what Linder does here and stop worrying about him leaving!
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:30 pm You all realize that we haven't had a head coach poached by another school since 1999 in football and 1998 in basketball, right? This doom and gloom of "there's no way he stays" has been baseless for a loooooooooong time now. Enjoy what Linder does here and stop worrying about him leaving!
👍
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:30 pm You all realize that we haven't had a head coach poached by another school since 1999 in football and 1998 in basketball, right? This doom and gloom of "there's no way he stays" has been baseless for a loooooooooong time now. Enjoy what Linder does here and stop worrying about him leaving!
Call it doom and gloom if you want. The reason we have not had a coach hired out from under us is because nobody wanted them... Not because we are somehow now a destination program. If we have another 25 win season next year.. He gone. That's actually an outcome I want... Not a good coach leaving.... Just winning a lot of games.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

307bball wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:03 pm
Call it doom and gloom if you want. The reason we have not had a coach hired out from under us is because nobody wanted them... Not because we are somehow now a destination program. If we have another 25 win season next year.. He gone. That's actually an outcome I want... Not a good coach leaving.... Just winning a lot of games.
McClain and Shyatt were in demand.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Because we didn’t have good coaches.

I don’t think we worried about Allen Edward’s being poached. Dam, we were hoping for it.
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:31 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:03 pm
McClain and Shyatt were in demand.
McClain had a hot minute when some programs kicked the tires... Then those tires fell off. I'm a huge Shyatt supporter but Linder's stock is higher that Shyatt's were by a mile. As Joe Friday would say, it's "just the facts" that is, if Linder gets the results that are being predicted... He won't be here long. I don't think those results are a forgone conclusion though.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If Burman can keep him on through this next year, Burman can throw the piggy bank at him.

It's time. When Bohl's contact is up, Burman needs to go budget on football and all in on bball.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

From listening to the Sportszone interview yesterday, one reason the extension isn't as big as expected is the staff got a raise as well. This is great news since its the best staff I can remember.

Also, it sounds like everyone is coming back, including Maldo. If we get a couple more pieces, look out.