Hunter Thompson 1 more year

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

According to 7220 sports he's coming back. He is the glue that really holds this team together, He truly is Wyoming and we should have 2 with him and Talich. Welcome back and here's to a wonderful Super Senior season
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Good news IMO. Says alot about Linder and his staff. I guess whomever those folks were "from Colorado" that were so disgruntled and upset with how Linder treats his players (rumor speculated here by another poster) are just whiney kitty.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I'm guessing we see Maldo back as well at this point. The nucleus of the team to take another run at it.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:53 am Good news IMO. Says alot about Linder and his staff. I guess whomever those folks were "from Colorado" that were so disgruntled and upset with how Linder treats his players (rumor speculated here by another poster) are just whiney kitty.
Bowen left a year after Marble left, so he was right about that part.

I still think the staff was honest with people, but I do believe both of the people that told me Linder is a bit of a prick to certain guys on the team.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Old-Bull wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:45 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:53 am Good news IMO. Says alot about Linder and his staff. I guess whomever those folks were "from Colorado" that were so disgruntled and upset with how Linder treats his players (rumor speculated here by another poster) are just whiney kitty.
Bowen left a year after Marble left, so he was right about that part.

I still think the staff was honest with people, but I do believe both of the people that told me Linder is a bit of a prick to certain guys on the team.
Part of being a good coach IMO. It's going to rub certain guys wrong but there is no getting around it.

You can be a harsh and demanding and still command respect and loyalty. From what I've heard ... that describes Linder. The people who made this observation also said this was a contrast to Edwards.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well, good news. It seems that he has accepted his role on the team and has learned how coach wants him to contribute and is OK with it. Glad to have Hunter back. Let's go get another tourney appearance.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:28 pm I'm guessing we see Maldo back as well at this point. The nucleus of the team to take another run at it.
Good thing about Maldo coming back is Maldo coming back. Bad thing about Maldo coming back is less court time for Reynolds (unless Linder makes him part of the starting lineup)
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:04 pmGood thing about Maldo coming back is Maldo coming back. Bad thing about Maldo coming back is less court time for Reynolds (unless Linder makes him part of the starting lineup)
I'd be willing to bet that Maldo will not be running the point next year. He'll play the 3, his natural position. If the end of the season showed us anything it's that we need better ball handlers bringing the rock up the court. Reynolds or a guard transfer will most likely start. We'll see at least 2 true point guards with significant playing time next season, one being Reynolds.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I wish Drake was only testing the Pro waters i think we'd be stellar next year, get a 3 point shooter!!! Also heard David Roddy at CSU is testing the NBA waters but keeping eligibility open like Maldo
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:18 pm I wish Drake was only testing the Pro waters i think we'd be stellar next year, get a 3 point shooter!!! Also heard David Roddy at CSU is testing the NBA waters but keeping eligibility open like Maldo
I think Roddy goes pro - can’t do any better than conference player of the year. Don’t know that he greatly improves his chances to return.

Maybe hope as much as anything - bcuz it sux…..to be……a CSewe ram, I said it sux……….