Parker Stewart...again.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I dont know if Wyoming is recruiting him again, but he's in the portal.

Grad transfer with one year to play.

What do you think Wyo fans? Has this ship sailed, or should we bring home a good shooting 6'5" point with good handles for his last year of college ball?

He shot 40 percent from deep last year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:14 am I dont know if Wyoming is recruiting him again, but he's in the portal.

Grad transfer with one year to play.

What do you think Wyo fans? Has this ship sailed, or should we bring home a good shooting 6'5" point with good handles for his last year of college ball?

He shot 40 percent from deep last year.
He has no ties to Wyoming anymore, other than some memories from Grade School. Let him transfer elsewhere...he didn't impress me, and unfortunately now has a bit of an identity crisis going on.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

40 percent from deep, .7 turnovers in 25 minutes per game, and all out of available transfers.....

Seems like a good one year fit to me. Besides, after his dad died, I dont think he has a place with more ties than he has at Wyoming.

I dont care either way, but it would be kind of cool to see him end in Laramie.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Good player who would do well under Linder IMO. I kind of doubt it would happen, but I would certainly be happy to see it.

Hope his next step works out for him either way.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

NowherePoke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:58 am Good player who would do well under Linder IMO. I kind of doubt it would happen, but I would certainly be happy to see it.

Hope his next step works out for him either way.
Yeah, I doubt we're even on his list, but I would be happy if he came here.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I wasn't impressed with him in the tourney game. But, perhaps. I'm neutral
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I don't know Parker, but I can as an employer, I can tell you what is a big red flag:

Commits to Ole Miss
Decommits to Ole Miss
Commits to Pitt
Goes to Pitt for a year
Enters the Transfer Portal
Transfers to UT-Martin and plays there for a year
Transfers to Indiana and plays there for a year

I know that some of this is related to his late father. But in the job world, when I see a resume of hopping to a new job every year, I immediately pass on the applicant.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:13 pm I don't know Parker, but I can as an employer, I can tell you what is a big red flag:

Commits to Ole Miss
Decommits to Ole Miss
Commits to Pitt
Goes to Pitt for a year
Transfers to UT-Martin and plays there for a year
Transfers to Indiana and plays there for a year

I know that some of this is related to his late father. But in the job world, when I see a resume of hopping to a new job every year, I immediately pass on the applicant.
I hear what you are saying and in real world practice I certainly do the same and I am not saying we should necessarily pursue Stewart (we probably need more ball handling rather than shooting), but keep in mind any school/employer is not evaluating Parker for long term employment, but rather the equivalent of a 1 year contract position (that's all he has left for eligibility). Also, in his defense a little bit keep in mind that both Pitt and UTM had coaching changes (the latter including the passing of his father) that led to his departure.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The only reason this would be ok is because we lack depth and he's not terrible. I think he could be serviceable under Linder and add to the team.
W-Y, Until I Die!