Recruits Wyoming has shown interest in....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Bobi Klintman is a 6'9" SF with a pretty sweet outside stroke. He looks like a stretch 4 to me, That length sure would come in handy. He's another Sunrise Christian guy, originally from Sweden, and a recent decommit from Maryland. Dude shot 47 percent from 3.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I don't know if we offered this guy but he's been getting love from Deweese and Sunny on twitter. Cam Slaymaker is a 6'5" sg out of Canada....ay.

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This was an interesting find by Nowhere Poke on twitter. Laolu Oke is a former Overland teammate of Ike's that recently entered the transfer portal. He's a rebounding machine and the RMAC conference defensive player of the year 2 years running.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Jefferson Monegro is another Canadian combo guard that Wyoming has interest in. He has some big offers but has yet to commit.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Sounds interesting, we need 3 sharpshooters, can't wait
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The Cowboys staff was in the gym watching Bobi Klintman today. I sure hope we get this guy. A stretch 4 that shoots 50 percent from deep would make us a legit top 25 team.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Ethan Anderson, USC transfer has been contacted by Wyoming. This looks like the small guard I think our roster needs....Director of recruiting, Marc Rodgers, used to be his coach at Fairfax High School in California.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Max Agbonkpolo works with Marc Rodgers in the off-season. He's a 6'10" USC transfer that would look really good in Brown and Gold. It seems like a good fit if him and his teammate Ethan Anderson both came to Laramie since we really need a quick ball handler and we really need more length on the wing. Both of those guys walk right into Wyoming's rotation.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Caleb Asberry is a senior guard from Texas State that has been in contact with Wyoming.

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Mike Saunders Jr. is a Cincinnati transfer that has heard from Wyoming. He's another quick ball handler. There aren't great highlights for him but I found this...

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nice thanks for the updates
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:46 pm Nice thanks for the updates
You're welcome.

To me, it looks like the coaching staff has cleared out the guys they don't think can compete at the MWC level. After seeing the guys that we're in contact with and are actively recruiting it seems like an upgrade to our roster is on the way. We have to hit on a few of these guys, but damn.....this is a great looking class of recruits. It's not like I'm weeding out the guys I don't like. I'm linking them to this thread as soon as I find out we're recruiting them. The coaches are definitely trying to capitalize on the momentum of the NCAA tournament appearance and solidify the roster with guys that can win a MWC title and go on a run in the dance.

This is a great looking group of recruits, and the core of our team made an NCAA tournament appearance 2 years ahead of schedule.

It's a damn fine day to be a Wyoming Cowboy.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Parker Stewart is transferring again. I dont know if Wyoming is in contact, but he's on the move again.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Another guy I don't know if Wyoming has contacted but looks somewhat likely to end up here is Bodie Hume. The UNC senior forward is a former player for Linder at Northern Colorado. He's in the transfer portal.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:03 pm Another guy I don't know if Wyoming has contacted but looks somewhat likely to end up here is Bodie Hume. The UNC senior forward is a former player for Linder at Northern Colorado. He's in the transfer portal.
No thanks.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

K State transfer, Carlton Linguard Jr. has been contacted by Wyo.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

UC Davis guard transfer Ezra Manjon has been contacted by Wyoming. Statistically, not a great deep shooter, but his highlights show some pretty good ball handling skills.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyoming is in contact with Illinois State transfer guard Josiah Strong. This guy shoots 40 percent from 3. He would be another 6'4" guard. He does have similar skills to Jeffries.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Looks like we are looking at players from both sides of the portal, guys that are P5 unhappy or underachievers there, and guys that play at a level that are below us and have played well. I’ve said it all along, the portal taketh away, but also give!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:55 pm Looks like we are looking at players from both sides of the portal, guys that are P5 unhappy or underachievers there, and guys that play at a level that are below us and have played well. I’ve said it all along, the portal taketh away, but also give!
This transfer thing will get easier for our coaching staff the longer they are here. Our staff was recruiting at a lower level 2 seasons ago. Now they're probably starting to have a few guys they recruited to Wyoming start to enter the portal but more of them that they recruited to UNC.

It has to be difficult with NIL to identify the guys that aren't just looking for the biggest check possible.