Deng Dut is in the transfer portal.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

So far we've lost 2 guards. Hopefully that's all we lose.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

That stinks. Didn’t get to see much of him
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall? Who knows? Wish him all the best.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Buh bye!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

maybe they knew he wasn't going to cut it?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

So far, this appears like they're culling the roster to free up spots for guys that can contribute at this level, aside from Jeffries going pro. That makes me feel like all the contributors are coming back. Its either that or a fire sale and you would think there would be more transfers announced if everyone was leaving.

Who knows?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:56 am So far, this appears like they're culling the roster to free up spots for guys that can contribute at this level, aside from Jeffries going pro. That makes me feel like all the contributors are coming back. Its either that or a fire sale and you would think there would be more transfers announced if everyone was leaving.

Who knows?
My guess is that the contributors are waiting to see how things shake out with Linder. Will be an interesting couple of weeks and hope we can get that extension done.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:30 am
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:56 am So far, this appears like they're culling the roster to free up spots for guys that can contribute at this level, aside from Jeffries going pro. That makes me feel like all the contributors are coming back. Its either that or a fire sale and you would think there would be more transfers announced if everyone was leaving.

Who knows?
My guess is that the contributors are waiting to see how things shake out with Linder. Will be an interesting couple of weeks and hope we can get that extension done.
Yep. We need to give this staff top of the league money.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Linder isn’t going anywhere this year. Missouri got their coach and Kansas St has theirs narrowed down to 2 or 3 coaches already. No other job Linder would take that would be better than what he has at Wyoming at this point. So the coaches have had their one on one talks with players and let the ones who they feel should transfer know.

Maldonado isn’t going to say whether he is coming back until later in the year in my opinion and he gets more info on where he could go and how much he could get paid from the pro ranks.

I’m sure there is a timeline most likely between him and the coaches they agreed up on.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:59 am Maldonado isn’t going to say whether he is coming back ...
Maybe the coaches need to tell Maldo that he has to work on his turnover problem and his 3-point accuracy before he gets good cash offers from the pros.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I would be a lot more worried if Oden/Reynolds/DuSell/Ike/Wenzel entered the portal. What's the odds Bowden and Barnhart are Div I players?
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:51 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:59 am Maldonado isn’t going to say whether he is coming back ...
Maybe the coaches need to tell Maldo that he has to work on his turnover problem and his 3-point accuracy before he gets good cash offers from the pros.
Maldonado will already get plenty of decent offers to be paid from some European clubs and other places offshore. Just not sure if his family needs the money or not. If not , then will just be up to Maldo if he wants to spend another year working on his game more at the college ranks or if he would rather move forward with his life. Being in college for what would be a 6th year is a long time.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:31 pm I would be a lot more worried if Oden/Reynolds/DuSell/Ike/Wenzel entered the portal. What's the odds Bowden and Barnhart are Div I players?
Well Bowen was first team all state in Colorado.

Barnhart was a 3 star recruit and named the 39th best Center recruit in the country in his class.

So I would hope they are division 1 material. Linder has a very good eye for talent in most cases.

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Who? Dung what? Moving on.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Dut just wasn't who the staff thought he would be when he got here. He was the Regoin 18 player of the year in 2020. Shot 48% from 3 and 51% overall. However, in his time early in the season he went 1-13 from 3 and 2-20 overall. Definitely did not provide the scoring punch we were hoping for.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:52 am Dut just wasn't who the staff thought he would be when he got here. He was the Regoin 18 player of the year in 2020. Shot 48% from 3 and 51% overall. However, in his time early in the season he went 1-13 from 3 and 2-20 overall. Definitely did not provide the scoring punch we were hoping for.
Good info - didn't know either of those stats, but it all makes sense more now.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

The little bit Dut was out there, he just looked a step slow. And I could have told the coaches it would be like that based off his tape, where he was not even one of the better athletes on the court in Juco.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Dut to me looked good enough to play and do some good things. The problem I saw from Dut was he was too timid at this level. Almost like he thought his teammates would be mad at him if he were to shoot too much or take the ball to the rack.

He was 1st team ALL America JUCO. He can definitely play. Just was too shy to do anything on the court at this level.

Doesn’t matter if he was first team All America if he was going to be timid. Most guys that are first team all America have more confidence than I saw from him.

Linder will replace all of these guys with others who can step in and do good things.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:57 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:31 pm I would be a lot more worried if Oden/Reynolds/DuSell/Ike/Wenzel entered the portal. What's the odds Bowden and Barnhart are Div I players?
Well Bowen was first team all state in Colorado.

Barnhart was a 3 star recruit and named the 39th best Center recruit in the country in his class.

So I would hope they are division 1 material. Linder has a very good eye for talent in most cases.
With Dut and Nelson leaving, they better be. Maybe he thought they really needed the redshirt. I rewatched the signing day video and Linder was pretty high on them.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Ended up at Southern Utah