Indiana vs Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Sucks to lose because your point guard turns the ball over more himself than the other team does all together.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:33 pm Man, if you ever felt like there was a winnable tourney game, this was it. And the moment was too big.

Just saw wenzel miss a free throw. That’s 4 possible free throws left out there after maldos miss on his 1on1 and another one.
Yup. This team is not better than us. We are shrinking
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Uh travel?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Well good season. But this team needs a point guard, some bench contributors and some offense besides this two man iso garbage.

I’m wholly unimpressed by Indiana. We couldn’t have played worse and they barely beat us. St. Mary’s is going to skulldrag this team.
Last edited by SDPokeFan on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Well...hate to say it but it's over...I knew it earlier but held out hope. good season...pretty awful finish.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

It’s fitting Maldo air balled if to end it.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Not to second guess Linder, but man, you need to put Reynolds in for a change of pace and get Maldo the turnover machine out of there.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 pm Well good season. But this team needs a point guard, some bench contributors and some offense behind this two man iso garbage.

I’m wholly unimpressed by Indiana. We couldn’t have played worse and they barely beat us. St. Mary’s is going to skulldrag this team.
Agree on all of this. I sure hope either Reynolds is ready to play in control as a point guard next year or we recruit a really good ball handler.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

Jeffries 0-6 from 3. Luckily he had 10 boards.

This is pretty much how we played the second half of conference play. Lack of depth
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 pm Not to second guess Linder, but man, you need to put Reynolds in for a change of pace and get Maldo the turnover machine out of there.
x1000

I think Linder had already made up his mind before the game on who would play and who wouldn't and refused to adjust at all during the game
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It’s one thing to lose as an underdog, but not when you are at least as good as the other team and play like poop. Bitter ending
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:48 pm It’s one thing to lose as an underdog, but not when you are at least as good as the other team and play like Sh#t. Bitter ending
Yep
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Need to get a point guard that can handle the ball and also is capable of shooting the 3.

To me Reynolds isn’t a good enough ball handler. They will need someone else.

We should be really good next year and be able to make it back hopefully. With this experience maybe go farther in the tournament.

Good game to Indiana, they beat us and Maldonado and Ike had 15 turnovers themselves to Indiana’s 8. The rest of our team only had 3.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Reynolds turns the ball over quite a bit himself. He wasn’t the answer.

phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times

Lots of work to do during the off-season.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm Reynolds turns the ball over quite a bit himself. He wasn’t the answer.
I agree earlier this season. Although his last few games he has done much better. With how bad Maldonado was it seems to me it was worth a shot with Reynolds earlier in the game. Even with just a few possessions to see how he did. Even if he turned it over once or twice It wouldn't be any worse than Maldonado who was a flip of a coin if he was going to turn it over on any given possession
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

Maldo and Ike combined for 15 turnovers. Indiana had 8 as a team. They both came to play but nerves got the best of the them. Good and fun season. Hope we get the team back next year.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Guess it’s over. Still in shock that we played so poorly and still were in the game. So many points left on the board. Next year can’t come soon enough! Let’s keep the pieces together and get a true PG. The recruit from Texas might add some length and defense to our team. It stings, but great year boys
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

Maybe this will make Linder
less desired by another school.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

IU looked terrible, still won shooting less than 40% ... but ... 4th game in 6 days, against 3 ranked teams. Now they fly all night to Portland, practice tomorrow and will get hammered by St Marys if they play like tonight. They played much better Thursday through Saturday. Refs were bad for both side and I cannot believe the tech they called on your coach or the foul late in the game when your player ran into his own player lost the ball and a foul on IU ... the NEW ball seemed "light" like all new basketballs ... and for shooters you could tell the rims were "tight" rarely getting the bounce back in the basket. I was surprised by the missed foul shots by the Pokes, and TOs were high but IU is ranked #1 in defense in the BigTen, although that doesn't mean much outside the conference. You have a nice team, need some depth and some fresh legs for next year's tournament. Good luck.