A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Get him a new contract - soon!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I remember everyone saying the same thing about Bohl during the Allen years. Lol
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

phxpoke wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:04 pm I remember everyone saying the same thing about Bohl during the Allen years. Lol
Not sure it’s quite the same comparison. We’re much closer to seeing a MW championship in MBB. Came close one year in FB.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:04 pm I remember everyone saying the same thing about Bohl during the Allen years. Lol
Not even close to the same.

Linder is a far better college basketball coach than Bohl is a D1 football coach. Not even in the same range.

I know I never said that about Bohl. Even during the Allen years he only had one above average year basically. Most of them sucked. So not sure who was saying we can’t let Bohl get away. I don’t remember that.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

Is it Linder or Maldo and Ike? We all now know it wasn't Bohl. It was Josh. However, I am a Linder fan.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Linder is a far better college basketball coach than Bohl is a D1 football coach. Not even in the same range.

I know I never said that about Bohl. Even during the Allen years he only had one above average year basically. Most of them sucked. So not sure who was saying we can’t let Bohl get away. I don’t remember that.
Scroll through some posts from Allen's years here. Many were freaking out whenever a P5 opened up. We made him the highest paid MWC coach for that reason. Like I said, I like Linder.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

At the end of the game i saw Burman on the concourse, i fist bumped him and said Please sign him(Linder) to a long term deal, he chuckled for a minute and staraight up said, probably kinda jokingly..."then double your dues to Cowboy Joe Club" i just chuckled as well

Good win today!! Need to start hitting 3s tho esp vs The Sheeep
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:44 pm

Scroll through some posts from Allen's years here. Many were freaking out whenever a P5 opened up. We made him the highest paid MWC coach for that reason. Like I said, I like Linder.
Well I’m sure there were some.

It isn’t Ike and Maldo. Yes they are playing well but that’s because Linder put them in position to play well. He was smart enough to move Maldo to the point and have him post up and put shooters around him to pass it out to and have Ike down low. Not many coaches would have thought to put Maldo at point and have him back down people and score or get fouled to set up the offense. I know I wasn’t thinking that is how the offense would go this year.

He also recruited most of them except for Maldo, Thompson and Foster.

He has already proven he turns teams around quick by what he did at Northern Colorado and now Wyoming. Both programs were trash before Linder showed up.

Lots of people who have been coached by Linder say he is the best coach they have had and he is a basketball savant.

I’m pretty sure Linder can put any players he has in a position to succeed and play to his players strengths.

Not sure what it will take to keep him here. Only Tom Burman probably knows. They said on the broadcast that Burman said they have to do what it takes. Imagine Burman has been on the phone talking to some big boosters.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:29 pm
phxpoke wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:44 pm

Well I’m sure there were some.

It isn’t Ike and Maldo. Yes they are playing well but that’s because Linder put them in position to play well. He was smart enough to move Maldo to the point and have him post up and put shooters around him to pass it out to and have Ike down low. Not many coaches would have thought to put Maldo at point and have him back down people and score or get fouled to set up the offense. I know I wasn’t thinking that is how the offense would go this year.

He also recruited most of them except for Maldo, Thompson and Foster.

He has already proven he turns teams around quick by what he did at Northern Colorado and now Wyoming. Both programs were trash before Linder showed up.

Lots of people who have been coached by Linder say he is the best coach they have had and he is a basketball savant.

I’m pretty sure Linder can put any players he has in a position to succeed and play to his players strengths.

Not sure what it will take to keep him here. Only Tom Burman probably knows. They said on the broadcast that Burman said they have to do what it takes. Imagine Burman has been on the phone talking to some big boosters.
Devil's advocate would say Williams leaving left Linder with no point guards on the roster then he struck out on the kids he recruited at the position with Dut showing nothing so far and Reynolds being too young to rely on. You can argue Linder fell into the Maldonado point guard situation because there was no other option on the roster.

Personally I think Linder understands basketball better than most coaches in the country. He focuses on the points of the game that matter like defending the three point line. Beyond understanding that stuff he is capable of making it happen.

Linder also isn't set on doing things "his" way like Bohl is obsessed with. Linder will post up all day long and not shoot a single three if that gives his team the best chance of winning. The same can't be said of Bohl who would run into an eleven man front to prove all the little league coaches wrong.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Anyone hearing anything on a new contract for Linder? Lots of head coaching jobs opening up.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:06 pm Anyone hearing anything on a new contract for Linder? Lots of head coaching jobs opening up.
Burman said they are going to keep him with the same contract for now and see how we do next year. Says if Linder can replicate this year, next year, then he will get a raise.

Burman wants to make sure it’s legit and not a one hit wonder or flash in the pan deal. Says he won’t give out contract extensions too early any more and will make sure the coach is actually good and consistent before making any aggressive decisions.

calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:06 pm Anyone hearing anything on a new contract for Linder? Lots of head coaching jobs opening up.
Burman said they are going to keep him with the same contract for now and see how we do next year. Says if Linder can replicate this year, next year, then he will get a raise.

Burman wants to make sure it’s legit and not a one hit wonder or flash in the pan deal. Says he won’t give out contract extensions too early any more and will make sure the coach is actually good and consistent before making any aggressive decisions.
I haven’t seen this from Burman and have heard some rumblings about an extension for Linder this year? Where have you seen these comments from Burman this year? I think Linders getting an extension this year, just a matter of how much we can pay.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If that’s true we might as well say so long to Linder. He will be on many lists and he is currently making at the bottom of the MWC. This is a head scratcher if true.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:46 pm

I haven’t seen this from Burman and have heard some rumblings about an extension for Linder this year? Where have you seen these comments from Burman this year? I think Linders getting an extension this year, just a matter of how much we can pay.
I’m just kidding around. Everyone always complaining about Burman extending people too soon.
I haven’t seen anything from Burman.

My guess is Linder gets extended after the years over. I don’t know anymore than anyone else.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:25 pm

If that’s true we might as well say so long to Linder. He will be on many lists and he is currently making at the bottom of the MWC. This is a head scratcher if true.
I was being a smartass. It’s not true.

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:25 pm

I wonder what’s taking so long to get it done? Burman just needs to go UWYO credit Union and get a loan. Some booster will ante up and pay for it. CSewe extended Medved today.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think we scrounge the $$ to get him close to a million/yr. Medved at sheep state just got close to that
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

All ncaa tourney money should go to Linder and staff.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:12 am All ncaa tourney money should go to Linder and staff.
Indeed!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Lammies feeling desparate? Or was this deal smart for both sides?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ep-2028-29

Wonder if this is how Nedved assured the Lammies he would leave them in good hands, with some free $$$$. Bump up his salary, extend the contract life, and put a big buy out in place for when xxxxxxxxx comes calling in a week or so.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...