WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

to watch this team. Not often do we have a team of this caliber
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

This team is one of the best I remember seeing in quite some time. I'd put them up against the Ewing/Davis/Uche teams of the early 2000s.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 am This team is one of the best I remember seeing in quite some time. I'd put them up against the Ewing/Davis/Uche teams of the early 2000s.
I'm not ready to go that far. And Ewing was not on those teams. That Uche/davis teams had Marcus bailey, Donte Richardson, and Jay Straight. Ewing came later, along with Brad Jones and Justin Williams.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am
WYO1016 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 am This team is one of the best I remember seeing in quite some time. I'd put them up against the Ewing/Davis/Uche teams of the early 2000s.
I'm not ready to go that far. And Ewing was not on those teams. That Uche/davis teams had Marcus bailey, Donte Richardson, and Jay Straight. Ewing came later, along with Brad Jones and Justin Williams.
Good catch. Was definitely thinking of Straight, not Ewing. Also, how did I forget to mention Bailey?!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am
Not quite that caliber, but they do have their own style that truly makes it fun to watch....I'm seriously considering a trip to Vegas in March!!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

The DuSell injury could be a little silver lining if he is only out for a few games in that it gives Reynolds and Dut the opportunity for some minutes and experience. I’d love to have a little backcourt depth. And frontcourt depth too for that matter but it looks like we are gonna ride Ike-Oden-Thompson in some combination of two and pray for the best.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:40 pm The DuSell injury could be a little silver lining if he is only out for a few games in that it gives Reynolds and Dut the opportunity for some minutes and experience. I’d love to have a little backcourt depth. And frontcourt depth too for that matter but it looks like we are gonna ride Ike-Oden-Thompson in some combination of two and pray for the best.
I think Thompson is doing much better this year and the coaches have the luxury of using him situationally.

Ike didn't play much of the second half vs. Nevada big athletic post players and I think the lead grew without Thompson or JO in the game. Thompson played pretty well aside from the fumbled rebound.

If Nevadas bigs can't exploit Thompson when he's on the floor the majority of the second half, SDSU and Fresno might be the only MW teams that can.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Ehhhhhhh….
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."