Utah State Game Thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Sounds like we'll be without Kenny Foster and Noah Reynolds, but seems that everyone else will be ready to go.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

What’s basketball?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:49 pm What’s basketball?
I realize us old guys have the memory of a gold fish and it’s been three weeks since we have seen the game played so I will try to help you out here.

A basketball is larger than balls used in most sports. It’s inflated and you have to keep bouncing it on the floor when you are in motion. If you don’t keep bouncing it the opposing coach will ask the guys in footlocker sales uniforms if you brought your luggage.

There are peach baskets mounted ten feet off the floor at two ends of the playing area. The object is to throw the ball in the peach basket while being mauled by your opponent. If you manage to get the ball in the peach basket from far enough away you get three points. If you’re not far enough away you get two points. If the footlocker salesman decides your opponent mauled you excessively you get to take a shot with nobody bothering you but it’s only worth one point if you get it in the basket.

A real crowd pleaser is when you jump up and slam the ball into the basket over the top of your opponent. The crowd will say you “owned him”.

Let me know if you still have questions.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 pm
I realize us old guys have the memory of a gold fish and it’s been three weeks since we have seen the game played so I will try to help you out here.

A basketball is larger than balls used in most sports. It’s inflated and you have to keep bouncing it on the floor when you are in motion. If you don’t keep bouncing it the opposing coach will ask the guys in footlocker sales uniforms if you brought your luggage.

There are peach baskets mounted ten feet off the floor at two ends of the playing area. The object is to throw the ball in the peach basket while being mauled by your opponent. If you manage to get the ball in the peach basket from far enough away you get three points. If you’re not far enough away you get two points. If the footlocker salesman decides your opponent mauled you excessively you get to take a shot with nobody bothering you but it’s only worth one point if you get it in the basket.

A real crowd pleaser is when you jump up and slam the ball into the basket over the top of your opponent. The crowd will say you “owned him”.

LOL Love the footlocker remark. I completely forgot that there used to be Footlocker shoe stores. Gawd, I'm old. I also remember the glorious 1988 football season for Wyoming that sadly end with a major league THUD in San Diego!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:18 pm

LOL Love the footlocker remark. I completely forgot that there used to be Footlocker shoe stores. Gawd, I'm old. I also remember the glorious 1988 football season for Wyoming that sadly end with a major league THUD in San Diego!!! :roll:
Hah! You’re just a pup. I watched the Cowboys play the Sugar Bowl on January 1st 1968. I’ve watched every Super Bowl. I sure would like to see some Poke success before my time is up!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 pm

Hah! You’re just a pup. I watched the Cowboys play the Sugar Bowl on January 1st 1968. I’ve watched every Super Bowl. I sure would like to see some Poke success before my time is up!
I just turned 48 last Saturday and I want to see Wyoming win a MW football championship, win a bowl, AND be national ranked all in the same year before my time is up!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

What channel is the game on?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

These announcers are retarded poop homers
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I usually root for Utah State but this Utah State team is like the BYU JV team. They need to shut the f-word up and play instead of crying BYU style. f-word these whiny bitches.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

For those not watching....Buffalo is completely destroying New England, 33-3 in the third!!!!! Mac Jones is NOT a second coming of Brady!!!!'

Now back to viewing of USU vs. Uw basketball!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Usu is byu. Zero difference
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Yes. Good win. usu is a group of detestable, whiny little pricks. Suck it
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Oh no. DuSell injured
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:25 pm Usu is byu. Zero difference
BYU JR. I hate BYU but Utah State gets cucked by BYU.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

If anything, they are even whinier. I don't know what it is but their mannerisms are unbelievably annoying.
Proud of our guys - especially Ike - who made 2 huge free throws and then the game winner.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 pm
If anything, they are even whinier. I don't know what it is but their mannerisms are unbelievably annoying.
Proud of our guys - especially Ike - who made 2 huge free throws and then the game winner.
Ike played like a first team all mwc type player. He hit his crucial FTs and didn’t let the horrendous calls against him bother him. Ike took his man off the bounce on his game winner - super impressive.

Maldo played great too. Seems he was rusty, but shook it off and came up huge
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Great win!

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Great win on soooo many levels, not playing a true game in 3 weeks, not being able to practice due to the pesky Covid variant, I listened (as usual) and from what Reece described it sure didn't sound like the rust was that much of a factor, and Hunter and Graham really brought it....hope we have enough energy for the game in Reno on Monday. Sure hope X is ok as well....slowly starting to get MWC Tourney excited, slowly!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

DVDA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:55 pm I usually root for Utah State but this Utah State team is like the BYU JV team. They need to shut the [#]f##k up and play instead of crying BYU style. [#]f##k these whiny bitches.
You summed up usu in its entirety, not just this bball team.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

:willybs:
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 pm

I’m amazed at your ability to navigate the internet.

Great win by the pokes. They deserved to win that game, they were the better team.
W-Y, Until I Die!