San Diego St. game postponed

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 am
laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:45 pm Is the booster shot thing real?
Unsubstantiated rumor
It’s according to a guy on the other board that is inside the athletic department that seems to always know things.

Obviously no way for me to confirm it. Seems like a good source though. He has been around for years letting people know what is going on with certain events.

It is just hearsay from my end though.

Anyhow, hope we get to play sooner than later and we aren’t rusty and look bad.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
Not sure what exactly you are asking but I’ll try to answer.

If you mean did the players all get the booster shot at the same time or same day? Then yes it seems they did.

It is documented also that when you get the booster shots, that “most” people get somewhat sickest from it or test positive for Covid the next week or two from it.

So not sure why they planned it that way. Seems like they could have planned better.

It’s not a vaxx versus anti-vaxx thing at all. Just that they could have planned it better if they wanted to give players boosters shots already and maybe let a couple players get it here and a couple others get it later or figured something out so all these games don’t get postponed. Who knows?? Not sure how many times all of the healthy young Athletes are going to have to get boosters though.

Not sure if that answers your question or not?
The vaccines can't cause a positive test. They don't contain live virus which would replicate and thus cause a positive test. A positive test after being vaccinated means they are actually positive (or a false positive).

Having said that, normally I would say it is foolish to vaccinate everyone at the same time since that could leave half the team under the weather. But if they already knew games had been postponed, you might as well do them all and get it out of the way.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 15 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:18 pm

If you mean did the players all get the booster shot at the same time or same day? Then yes it seems they did.

It is documented also that when you get the booster shots, that “most” people get somewhat sickest from it or test positive for Covid the next week or two from it.

So not sure why they planned it that way. Seems like they could have planned better.

It’s not a vaxx versus anti-vaxx thing at all. Just that they could have planned it better if they wanted to give players boosters shots already and maybe let a couple players get it here and a couple others get it later or figured something out so all these games don’t get postponed. Who knows?? Not sure how many times all of the healthy young Athletes are going to have to get boosters though.

The vaccines can't cause a positive test. They don't contain live virus which would replicate and thus cause a positive test. A positive test after being vaccinated means they are actually positive (or a false positive).

Having said that, normally I would say it is foolish to vaccinate everyone at the same time since that could leave half the team under the weather. But if they already knew games had been postponed, you might as well do them all and get it out of the way.
Thanks for the clarification!

Well I just hope that we get our home games rescheduled and not just road games, but knowing the league, they won’t make their precious Aztecs have to come to Wyoming if they can get out of it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Yeah, but doesn’t it contain a spiked protein? Or dna from virus which is what pcr tests for, no?
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:23 am

Yeah, but doesn’t it contain a spiked protein? Or dna from virus which is what pcr tests for, no?
From my understanding (not an immunologist), it does contain RNA of the spike protein. This teaches the body to recognize that spike once it invades the body and help to kill the viral cell or make it difficult for the spike to attach to healthy cells.

However, the vaccine only teaches the immune system to recognize and respond to the virus, it doesn't replicate the virus itself. So this shouldn't cause a positive test unless the virus is already in their system.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Getting the vax weakens your immune system for a couple weeks actually making it more likely to contract the virus had you not gotten the vax at all. It’s well documented
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:03 pm

From my understanding (not an immunologist), it does contain RNA of the spike protein. This teaches the body to recognize that spike once it invades the body and help to kill the viral cell or make it difficult for the spike to attach to healthy cells.

However, the vaccine only teaches the immune system to recognize and respond to the virus, it doesn't replicate the virus itself. So this shouldn't cause a positive test unless the virus is already in their system.
What portion of the virus are the tests detecting (I don't know)? If it's a PCR amplification of spike protein RNA then you absolutely could test positive after getting the vaccine.

But if it's some other part of the virus then yes, it would be impossible to get a positive that wasn't a "typical" false positive.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

'PokeForLife wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:52 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:03 pm

What portion of the virus are the tests detecting (I don't know)? If it's a PCR amplification of spike protein RNA then you absolutely could test positive after getting the vaccine.

But if it's some other part of the virus then yes, it would be impossible to get a positive that wasn't a "typical" false positive.
That's a good question, and I don't know the answer either. If the tests do detect the spike RNA, I wonder if the amount in the vaccine would be enough to trigger a positive test. Since it's an incomplete RNA it wouldn't be able to replicate so it would degrade over time after immunization.