Opening conference Saturday at home against Boise....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

They seem to think they match up well with us on their board. Their fans are confident because they've done well in Laramie lately.

We'll see. This is a good test to start league play. If we want to finish top 3 with post-season opportunities we have to be able to protect the home court versus Boise State.

Hopefully we'll start the league season off right and give Boise a proper beatdown.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

They are a jungle ball team with good, tall athletes that go after o boards. We struggle with those teams
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:07 pm They are a jungle ball team with good, tall athletes that go after o boards. We struggle with those teams
Boise has taken advantage of Allen Edwards and last year without Ike to win 7 in a row against us by dominating the glass.

We'll see how they do against Ike and a much improved rebounding team. I'm sure they'll try to get Ike in foul trouble so he'll have to be mature against them and keep his elbows lower during his drop step spin move.

They can't shoot free throws though, so we could gain a huge advantage there if we can take advantage of the charity stripe.

We should win this at home, maybe even on the road.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Guess the game is cancelled. At least that is what someone is saying on the other board. Said he just showed up and CJC said it was cancelled. There is nothing on ESPN or CBSsports that says it’s cancelled yet.

Seems weird they would cancel it right before the game instead of at least earlier this morning.
Last edited by seattlecowboy on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:36 pm Guess the game is cancelled.
Covid? If a team has to cancel is it a forfeit?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:44 pm
I just edited my post. Not sure what is going on.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:44 pm
It will try to be re-scheduled, but if it can't it will be declared a "no contest", whatever that is.

If a no contest doesn't count as a loss, what incentive is there for anyone to come to Laramie? People were ducking us last year, and they're going to do it again this year.

Covid sucks my sweaty ball sack.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

It has been cancelled due to Covid concerns within Boise St basketball team late this morning.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 14 times

Feel bad for everyone who drove to Laramie today.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Glad I wasn't thinkin of driving iver today Damn viruses
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

What are the odds Boise comes to Laramie this year? They pussed out
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

One of em must have had the sniffles.

We need to get over it and get on with our lives.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Get a fk'in shot and quit being a pussy about it. Fk Boise!!!
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

phxpoke wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:20 pm Feel bad for everyone who drove to Laramie today.
I drove from California to Laramie for the San Jose State games last season. 1 hour after getting to Laramie, I found out the games were cancelled. Either way I got a nice vacation back in Laramie.

Looking forward to going back next fall for the football game after visiting in December and enjoying the McNeese St game. Helps to be a student at UW again for Grad School.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'd like to know the situation. Are a bunch of them sick? If that's the case, good work. Is one person sick and they canceling for "protocol"? that's dumb.

Did they use the PCR test? The CDC says its now garbage and shouldn't be used. https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... ing_1.html

That's another win for us Covid Conspiracists. We've been right about nearly everything as the goals posts keep getting moved. There's been some relatively healthy younger people (40+) that have died here in town (from obit it said stuff like "short battle with covid") and some that had it pretty rough, so I was a little off on severity but not much. Still nothing to destroy the country over.

The other thing I was really wrong about was I thought for sure once they had Trump out of office the corporate fake news would settle down on the Covid stuff. They definitely aren't going after Biden for the deaths like they did Trump, but they sure as hell haven't quit trying to scare people. I guess when those Trump clicks stopped they had to do something.
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I find it humorous that if the government says something is bad for you (i.e tobacco, chew, alcohol, prescription drugs...etc...) everyone is in a rush to consume, but when told that a simple vaccine is good for you (Because billions of people have died because of it after taking it....). Oh Hell No!!!! don't tell me what to put in my body even though it may save my life. The idiocy of people continues to amaze me. And please, don't try to put me on a perceived team that you have made in your small head...I think for myself and do not prescribe to your thought bubble or any bubble.....
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:26 pm I find it humorous that if the government says something is bad for you (i.e tobacco, chew, alcohol, prescription drugs...etc...) everyone is in a rush to consume, but when told that a simple vaccine is good for you (Because billions of people have died because of it after taking it....). Oh Hell No!!!! don't tell me what to put in my body even though it may save my life. The idiocy of people continues to amaze me. And please, don't try to put me on a perceived team that you have made in your small head...I think for myself and do not prescribe to your thought bubble or any bubble.....
I’m not sure what you are responding to. Nobody said anything about the shot. I am fully vaxed (at least according to the original definition). My doctor said to hold off on the booster until he knows more about it. The thing is, there are people who were fully vaxed who have tested positive twice. Obviously the shot doesn’t prevent it. It appears it may make it less severe.

Anyway we can’t go on forever like this. Eliminate the mask mandates, the vax mandates, etc and let people live their lives and think for themselves as you say. If someone is sick they should stay home. That has always been true.
Pinto4life
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 pm
Did they use the PCR test? The CDC says its now garbage and shouldn't be used. https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... ing_1.html
Actually, they pulled it because there was no longer a need for it, not that it didn't work. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 053100002/

You might have read something that indicated the CDC's test confused the flu and Covid. That's not true, as it could *only* detect covid. One of the reasons that we don't need the CDC's test is that there are now tests that can test for both at the same time. That's in the release you posted.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Pinto4life wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:56 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 pm
Actually, they pulled it because there was no longer a need for it, not that it didn't work. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 053100002/

You might have read something that indicated the CDC's test confused the flu and Covid. That's not true, as it could *only* detect covid. One of the reasons that we don't need the CDC's test is that there are now tests that can test for both at the same time. That's in the release you posted.
It said it was used to detect Covid only, did not say it could differentiate.

“The PCR test is so good that that you should stop using it and start using a test that can test and differentiate between flu and Covid”

The lack of flu still says something is wrong. It didn’t go away, but I’ guess we’ll find out when they switch to these new tests that can test for both at the same time. At the very least, the lame pcr test at high cycles will go away and positive tests should start to drop, just in time for midterms I’d assume.
W-Y, Until I Die!