Ike is one and done (minus COVID)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
springs_poke
Buckaroo

I updated my post and am hoping the thought he could go pro will actually keep him at Wyoming another year. I honestly don't see him in college after next year. But if we have him next year, that is still 3 years total, so let's roll!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:18 pm
springs_poke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm So the thing about basketball, is players can go pro after one year anyway (I think that is still the rule). So honestly, if you want to go big, go pro. Otherwise work on your game another year. I think Ike could potentially go pro after this year.
No way. He is good but he definitely needs work on his game. If he goes pro after this year he will be out of the NBA very fast.
I don't know if he would be drafted. The NBA is all about the pick and roll. Big men have to be able to defend on the perimeter to be more than an end of the bench guy. Ike needs to be more agile on defense if he wants an NBA career. He needs another off-season or two before he even considers making that jump.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Stay in school help us start the Linder dynasty
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

DVDA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 pm
springs_poke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm So the thing about basketball, is players can go pro after one year anyway (I think that is still the rule). So honestly, if you want to go big, go pro. Otherwise work on your game another year. I think Ike could potentially go pro after this year.
No way. He is good but he definitely needs work on his game. If he goes pro after this year he will be out of the NBA very fast.
I don't know if he would be drafted. The NBA is all about the pick and roll. Big men have to be able to defend on the perimeter to be more than an end of the bench guy. Ike needs to be more agile on defense if he wants an NBA career. He needs another off-season or two before he even considers making that jump.
I agree with you. I don’t think he would even get drafted yet. My point was just that he still needs a lot of work if he is going to be a pro.

He needs a mid range shot that he doesn’t have right now for one thing. He needs to learn to pass better out of the post as well.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 pm
DVDA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 pm
I agree with you. I don’t think he would even get drafted yet. My point was just that he still needs a lot of work if he is going to be a pro.

He needs a mid range shot that he doesn’t have right now for one thing. He needs to learn to pass better out of the post as well.
I completely agree. Ike is an incredible college player but the NBA game is a different animal. With an outside shot I think he could be a Bobby Portis level player, but he probably needs 3-4 years in college to develop his game and body. He has the work ethic to get there so hopefully we get to watch him develop in Laramie and not to the highest bidder.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Some business needs to pony up at least $50k and put Ike on a billboard.
W-Y, Until I Die!
springs_poke
Buckaroo

Yes! Sadly in this day and age, you need to pony up some $$$ to keep the best. Wyoming has a ton of rich businesses and people. Pony up!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Ike still needs a lot of work. He is still very raw. It would be a mistake for him to go pro.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Stay in school, it's only for the best!!!